/spg/ smartphone general

Goat milk Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: 0006568400445.jpg (350x350, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frequencycheck.com/models/GNNdB/samsung-sm-g1600-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-td-lte
frequencycheck.com/models/AKLnl/samsung-sm-g1650-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-td-lte
frequencycheck.com/models/Ar9aZ/samsung-sm-g160n-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-lte-sm-g160n0
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-kenxinda-v5
aliexpress.com/item//32897752143.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If i flash xiaomi.eu am i still on the chinese botnet?
One of the listed features is "no chinese spyware" but it still uses miui apps so im confused

Attached: 20180613113540_28829.jpg (600x600, 31K)

It still has the Chinese spyware, and adds in some Russian spears too. It's just a meme.

Attached: selfie4.jpg (768x1024, 70K)

>snapdragon 835
>6gb RAM
>OLED display
>Quad Dac
>no notch

How can notchlets compete?

Attached: LG_V35_ThinQ_9.0.jpg (1200x800, 78K)

Kefir is most often cow milk, though. There's also a cow on your pic.

Lol, didnt think id get called out on it
Good job user
While we're calling out troll posts
Gtfo this is a srs problem i need srs answers

>what are custom ROMs

Xiaomi.eu is a custom rom
But because it uses miui apps im asking if that means its still chinese botnet

I wouldn't call it anything other than debloated MIUI. It's still MIUI, go figure. Just choose an AOSP based custom ROM. There's no shortage of those for the Redmi Note 5.

Barely sold anywhere (like most of LG's catalog)

Is there an Android phone (chinkshit included) under $300 that:
>has NFC
>has a decent camera
>not fucking gigantic
>doesn't look like cheap chinkshit
?
There's honor P20 Lite but it fails the last requirement.
I'm seriously considering buying iPhone SE because of this, but maybe there's something that can still save me from becoming a faggot

My main thing is i just want that nice fullscreen gesture nav without the chinaman spyware
As far as im aware xiaomi eu is the only rom with fullscreen gestures so i was looking to see if it fits the bill

Nokia 6.1

What's my best option right now if I want a phone for about 400€ with a headphone jack?

Pocophone

Thinking about pic related (Galaxy Folder 2)

>A E S T H E T I C
>Comfy T9 Keyboard
>Old school look
>Android 7.1.1 and quad core Snapdragon 1.4

Anybody had and hands-on with this?

Attached: 61H-PQhNKLL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 88K)

Keep in mind the Folder phones were exclusive to the Asian market so the bands might not match whatever your country / carrier uses:
frequencycheck.com/models/GNNdB/samsung-sm-g1600-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-td-lte
frequencycheck.com/models/AKLnl/samsung-sm-g1650-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-td-lte
frequencycheck.com/models/Ar9aZ/samsung-sm-g160n-galaxy-folder-2-dual-sim-lte-sm-g160n0

KEFIR IS THE GOAT

YOGURT ON SUICIDE WATCH

>$800 for a SD 835

okay /spg/, a little challenge
can you find a working smartphone for under 30€?
And no prepaid locked ones you find at Walmart, I mean real unlocked ones
Just out of curiousity

is my phone overheating?
the place where the SoC should be feels warm even after light usage (e.g. browse Jow Forums with Jow Forums clients)
if so, why? it just started to overheat recently, and i did nothing to the phone (both hardware and software wise)
my model is sony xperia m2 d2303 if that helps

Almost.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-kenxinda-v5

A Moto g (second gen) with broken screen?

Got a Z1 Compact for 30 USD, pretty good deal right? Was in decent condition

A boomer-proof phone

Attached: file.png (728x485, 606K)

Pocophone F1 64gb for 310€ or P20 128gb 300€

$31 = ~26€ with the $4 new user coupon:
aliexpress.com/item//32897752143.html

IT's a sad sad day. My beloved Moto X Force has finally been killed in action. The screen never shatterd, the water drops never even phased it. It was actually the battery that shorted out.. R.I.P

So lads

>STOCK ANDROID (or really close like Moto Suite)
>Great battery life
>Durable as fuck
>NO CHINK SHIT, we don't even get those in my country
>NO VIRGIN OR AT&T blah Exclusives

>Good camera, screen,
>Stereo speakers if possible
>IP68 if possible

money is not an issue.
pls halp

If you're willing to buy from a chink dropshipper you can buy the pocophone for ~270€ when they're 10% off again.

also on another note, since I loved the X Force so much, should I just buy a Z force? idk it doesnt strike me as durable as the X force for some reason

Oh nvm the Z Force is carrier exclusive. Why do all the durable phones are under exclusive carriers???????

Attached: 45634654345.jpg (526x526, 11K)

I'd prefer to buy from store. I'm just not sure which one to get.

as far as i know the p20 doesnt have an sd card slot, so make your choice on that.

you could always buy a 256gb card later with the pocophone

Is the mi A2 lite the best phone under 300 dollars? What competes for the specs/price comparison.

Also be aware of the Pocophone LTE bands

I'd get the Pocophone, unless the camera is your number one priority, in which case take the P20

>STOCK ANDROID
>stereo speakers
>IP68
Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL (or wait for Pixel 3/3 XL), or Sony flagships (XZ1 / XZ1 Compact, XZ2/Compact/Premium, XZ3)

128 is plenty if i go for p20

I am, luckily not an issue for me

Is there any other reason to go for p20? Camera is not that important to me.

Redmi Note 5 is, though if your budget is $300 you might as well stretch it with a few more bucks and get a Pocophone.

>Is there any other reason to go for p20? Camera is not that important to me.
Not really, SD845 in the Pocophone is much faster than the Kirin 970 in the P20, you get a headphone jack, a MicroSD slot, 2GB more RAM, a bigger battery, and unlike Huawei phones the bootloader is unlockable. P20 does have NFC though.

Z2 Force is available unlocked afaik

>you get a headphone jack
is quality with jack better or is the only advantage that you can simultaneously charge device and connect headphones?
>bootloader is unlockable
I don't know what that means, I never tinkered with my phones.

I want best performance and nice display I can get. Im sick of lg g3's lagging and washed out colors

Pocophone is more powerful and 60% cheaper

>milk edition
the fuck

Lost my Redmi 5 Plus, not sure if I'll be able to get it back. What's a good chink phone that gets similar, if not better, performance for around 100 britbong

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Almost didn't find the thread because of that goat milk thing

doubt there's a big difference in audio quality, its mainly about the convenience of not having to use a adapter, and being able to charge and have headphones connected simultaneously.

>I don't know what that means
It means you can root the phone, and install custom ROMs. Even if that's not something you want to do now, you might want to in the future.

>I want best performance
pic related

>nice display
both have good quality IPS LCD displays, no big difference there.

Attached: 95164.png (650x900, 60K)

umidigi A2 Pro

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

Why isn't there an open source phone?

>notchlet
Stop using the word if you don't know what it means.

Brainlet comes from people not having a brain, so notchlet is from people without a notch.

Well no, that's not my budget. I guess I meant price range of 100-300, but thanks for the Redmi note 5 mention, I'll look into that one

Guys, i fell for xiaomeme and now im being cucked by jewish adds in the settings menu.
What do?

Recommendations for good brands of phone cases?

Change region to something else, I've never seen ads as a yuropoor.

what phone shall i get tomorrow? (under €300)

beebom.com/how-disable-ads-miui-apps/

Redmi Note 5 or Pocophone

Directed at my fellow samsung fags; I can't be the only one who wishes samsung's next phone was literally just the S7 edge (my current device) but with updated specs.

Think about it, the S7 edge has:
-substantial 3600mah battery
-non-retarded (i.e. 16:9) aspect ratio
-patrician hardware buttons (with actual physical home button)
-fingerprint scanner in a location that's actually useful
-no fucking bixby button
-good cameras which would obviously be upgraded on this hypothetical re-release version

Hell the performance isn't even that bad. A bit laggy here and there but nothing a new processor wouldn't fix. My brief experience with an S9 simply left me annoyed with the stupidly narrow screen and the constant accidental launching of bixby. The whole thing just annoys me because samsung make the best android phones (yes, they do - pixelfags OUT) but those few issues really irk me. Anyone else know the feel?

You could try sounding less 11 online. And also use a custom ROM.
Whatever seems to pass drop tests for glass back phones.

What are your guys thoughts on MIUI 10 so far Looks so much like an iOS operating system. I don't mind it, just looks weird.

Attached: 1522454240191.jpg (720x960, 98K)

No connection break-ups caused by the phone trying to connect to a new internet system or w/e.

it's 845 actually

>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
>Budget
$400
>Requirements
Decent/good camera and screen. Good battery life

Was thinking between Essential PH-1 or a Pixel 1. Any recommendations appreciated.

is eGlobal Central a reputable site? they're selling the Mi Mix 2 6/64 for $299.99 right now

Moto Z2 Force is 299.99 sold by Moto on eBay
LG V30 for under $400 on eBay
Lg G6 is under $400 on eBay
Mi Mix 2S on Gearbest for $409.95 if you can stretch your budget

not even close.

I am currently rocking Galaxy J1 and this shit can't handle the bloated assblowing current apps are.
i just want to use them for whatsapp, audible and podcasts nothing fancy.
i want them small and sturdy, not big and fucking thin like the cuckold phones nowadays
recomemndation?

iPhone SE
XZ1/XZ2 Compact

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Verizon
>Budget
~$300
>Requirements
Galaxy S5 finally breaking, served me well. Durability is important to me, processing and display are important, couldnt care less about camera.

>5.0
>small
wtf? is this the "small" nowadays? christ

also 500$ CAD
fuck technology, i want my flip phones back

Let's see if I can understand this.

Is Xiaomi.eu just like an update to whatever ROM is available on whatever model it's installed on? As in, uses leftovers from the Chinese/Global official ROM that's currently installed on the phone?

I'm confused about the availability of software on it depending on which phone you use, doing a clean install and having a prompt that says essentially "you already logged in with this google account on this device" and the fact that many people advise not to wipe the /system partition before installing it.

I'm in the states with T-Mobile and my Nexus 6P is on it's last legs. Any new phone recommendations?

What's your favorite weather app for android, and why? It seems that the Weather Channel, AccuWeather, and Weather Underground apps are the most popular. Are there any better ones out there?

Attached: sak.jpg (213x236, 7K)

Pixel XL's are pretty cheap on google. Does anyone have a guess at how much they or pixel 2's will drop after the 3?

t. poorfag

>i want my flip phones back
move to Japan desu

I think you're the only one. I don't know anyone who actually likes or uses the gimmicky edge display on the S7e.

Wait for Pixel 3 launch to drop prices for Pixel 2.

Holy shit, the fluid navigation gestures is amazing. Only gripe is that it makes the settings lag a bit, I hope that can be fixed at some point.

>I don't know anyone who actually likes or uses the gimmicky edge display on the S7e.
what's wrong with it? genuinely asking because so many reviews for the S7e whined about it but I find it very useful

It's 5.0" 18:9 though, making it smaller than regular 5.0" 16:9 phones. Pic related, it's 5.0" 16:9 Pixel 2, 5.0" 18:9 XZ2 Compact and 4.5" 16:9 Galaxy J1.

Attached: Screenshot_20180923-200447.png (720x484, 322K)

Essential or Moto Z2 Force/Play

I want to root my Note 8 but I don't want to use a greasy pajeet's software. Suggestions?

o shit thats small but 500$ is still too much for a goddamn phone

Budget? Wanted features?

XZ1 Compact or iPhone SE then. They're even smaller and cheaper.

pls respond

top tier post
kefir is great for gut health, makes my shit healthier

if you want small dirt cheap phones check out the KenXinDa v5 or something

don't kefir and yogurt both have bacteria cultures?

(((Pocophone)))

OP6 or Zenfone 5Z?

Just unlock them then.

OP6T

Pocophone

think i'm going to buy the pocophone tomorrow from eglobal central, hope that i will not be scammed apon

Worked fine for me. Took 8 days

I'm sure I selected the screenshot. Whatever

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-23-20-12-24-978_com.google.android.gm.jpg (1080x2246, 262K)

So, i want a new toy
- 3.5 jack (or atleast decent headphones in the package)
- nfc
- decent battery life (atleast one day)
- not huawei/honor
-

Attached: 14239114451380.jpg (256x253, 10K)