How do I solder main wires to the coil? Do I just solder them anywhere or is there a designated way of doing it?

How do I solder main wires to the coil? Do I just solder them anywhere or is there a designated way of doing it?

Pic related

Attached: WP_20180923_12_50_05_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 1.52M)

/diy/ ->

Not OP but this is the Technology board

>diy
>not a dead board

Ye I'd like to get the answer before next year man

There should be terminals for soldering onto somewhere on the coil body. When that is not the Case you need to find the two ends of the wire.

OP are you just trying to fuck with a homemade electromagnet? If you need to ask these kinds of questions you need to get the fuck away from the mains and learn how to safely work with that kind of power.

At least the worst you get with microelectronics is some solder burns and maybe a whiff of magic smoke.

PUT
DOWN
THE
MAINS.

What if there is only one end of the wire? Do I have to unwind it all?

If I just solder it on a random spot, will it cause a short circuit?

Attached: WP_20180923_13_16_08_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 2.15M)

Fid you wind that coil yourself? Because both ends should typically stick out. But i agree with user, you should be careful with mains voltage and use something rather safe like 5 or 12 volts for your experiments

What exactly are you trying to do? Short circuit = low resistance path so yes you can get a short circuit by soldering randomly.
And if by
>main wires
you mean mains I suggest not doing that.

You don't understand how cables work? What are you even doing?

Dude I'm just trying to fix my electric shaver. One day while shaving my pubes it just started smelling weird and I heard a pop and it stopped working. I opened it up and cleaned all the shit and I found the mains unsoldered from the coil. If I were to solder them back it would all work, I just need to figure out how.

Is it mains voltage wire you have in your hands? If it is, then you are dead if you continue to do anything with electricity. Even if it is not you are endangering your life and health. Please seek help of someone with knowledge irl.

No I didn't, I pulled it out of a shaver.

Solder the goddamn wires to the coil to make it work.
By "main wires" i mean wires that carry 220V 50Hz AC. What are """mains"""? Why not do that? It was the way the shaver worked before.

I'm trying to fix my goddamn shaver

Attached: WP_20180923_13_24_10_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 1.09M)

You can't tell how the cables where connected to that coil before they "unsoldered"?

Dude, that doesn't seem to be a coil but just a spool of enamel wire for general purpose electronics useage.

Since you don't really seem to have a clue you should not work with mains voltage or any potentially dangerous volatges.

Your post smells a bit like bait ...

Sounds like all you'll get from that fix is burned pubes next time you use that shaver. I suggest buying a new one for the sake of you and your pubes

OP Just plug it it and grab the each end and see what happens. If you're fucking with mains, at least keep one hand in a pocket and not touching anything so only your hand is effected.

Go buy another razor. Or find some electrical dinks to help you out before you hurt yourself or start a fire. Check if your city has a hackerspace, show up and those guys can bang her out for you in a few seconds.

is this bait
yes just sand a good inch on that coil and solder right on to it.

Then why was it soldered that way while the shaver was working for god knows how many years? Why are you all smartasses around here for fucks sake?

You're going to kill yourself.

Then why not just solder it back mate? Why make a thread, don't you know how to solder or what are you even asking?

Sure you can solder those anywhere it will be fine.

I found one cable soldered to the end of the wire that I'm holding rn. The other might have been soldered to something, but it probably burned out. It was connected to nothing when I opened it. That's why it didnt work i think.

Not bait I swear. I'm europoor so idk all that american electronic lingo. Anyways, how do I do this myself? I cant afford anyone else.

Can anyone confirm this? I just want not to burn my house down.

This must be bait.

connect your two wires together before soldering to sanded coil, if you don't it would likely catch fire, this step is critical.

This is the correct answer. Have at her OP

WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SOLDER THE OTHER CABLE

THERES NO OTHER END OF THE WIRE

Fuck you. I went to electroengineering high school, I know my way around wires and circuits, but I dont know how THIS COIL SHIT OR WHATEVER IT IS WORKS.

Does this look like a bait to you?

Attached: WP_20180923_13_35_17_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 1.16M)

ya blew it, you almost had a larp thread going them you went too hard on the joke and said IMMA ElCetrOeNgiNeer
sage

Definitely bait. if you successfully solder this together, that main will put enough amps through that coil to make it burst into flames.

You're failure of life if you don't know somebody in bosnia who will do this for you for the bottle of nektar.

You vant shaver fix, man of spiders?

mysides.jpg
you can use a taser on your pubes next time. same effect as with your diy project

Fuck you ameriniggers. Why did I ever hope to get a useful reply from Jow Forums.

Shaving is for soiboys anyway. It’s also haram.

>mfw Americans say "sahdder" instead of solder

Attached: 1348605889648.png (682x1023, 201K)

Just buy a new shaver, Hans.

This
Livestream please

Ok I found three ends of a wire.

Is this bad?

Attached: WP_20180923_14_07_08_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 1.08M)

>Shaving is for soiboys
Yep, soiboys don't grow beards. It's not like beards are just a cover for a weak chin or anything.

Attached: soyboy.jpg (1200x788, 381K)

Yes. A coil should have only 2 ends. There seems to be a break in the winding.

What are you trying to achieve anyway?

Yes. You now have an open circuit. Unwind it, count the windings, and rewind it by hand making sure to have the exact same number of turns.

Also, you are going to die.

Dude just stop fucking doing this and get a safety razor. Not everything has to be electronic. This is going to end in tears and/or flames.

Having three ends would make sense if your electric razor had two speed settings, but it only seems to have one, so it's probably fucked. Having a multimeter would be useful so that you could check continuity and resistance.

No, because of impedance. Same reason transformers don't burst into flames.

Fuck this shit. I'm throwing this shit away. Fuck this thread and fuck this board.