What OS are you using? Why?

What OS are you using? Why?

Attached: 34a39243-ecfa-4d6b-a3f8-c7df69e55942.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haiku-os.org/about/faq/#why-not-linux
twitter.com/AnonBabble

plan9 and haiku
because i'm 2patrician4u plebs

arch linux because i can

Windows, because I have work to do.

Attached: 1515096832445.png (600x842, 101K)

macOS™ because I'm not a street shitter and I don't like tranny CoC

Pretelemetry win7, because it just werks and have the programs I need

Headless CentOS on home server, macOS on desktops, iOS on mobile. Because each is best in their respective niche.

windows 10
I'm lazy

your PC hates you

Winders
Adobe Premiere

deepin because it's the best DE and because manajaro and ubuntu don't integrate it very well
also they removed telemetry

what other feelings does it have

I unironically used Gentoo for a year and it was the biggest pain in the ass to maintain. Sure, it seemed faster than the alternatives when it was running, but I still had painfully long compile times which more than mitigated that.
Now I just use Windows 8.1 and MacOS if I need to use the terminal. Both of them work fine and I've not had either crash on me in the two years I've been using them.

Attached: 1410339014790.png (850x907, 473K)

Oh shit the australian is awake.

How's the lab treating you?

Windows 10.
It's comfy.

Windows 10. Because it came preinstalled on my laptop and I'm to big of a looser to install something better

Arch,. because I'm a n3red.

Attached: pacmanb.jpg (720x532, 65K)

windows 10
adobe
cubase

Win10 on main pc but have a separate drive with Ubuntu on it if my main drive shits itself tho and I need pc for something

Gentoo
I don't need to explain myself.

Windows Server 2016 dual-booted with Ubuntu 18.04..

Server 2016 for AutoCAD, Ableton Live, games, and other software not on GNU/Linux. Ubuntu for when I'm writing programs for GNU/Linux or doing something with my VPS.

Windows Server 2016 dual-booted with Ubuntu 18.04..

Server 2016 for AutoCAD, Ableton Live, games, and other software not on GNU/Linux. Ubuntu for when I'm writing programs for GNU/Linux or doing something with my VPS.

Arch Linux

I'm also fat and i have no gf but it doesn't matter since next week i'm gonna install gentoo.

You'll be slaying pussy after installing gentoo.
I must admit, my dick is constantly wet lol

live works fine with wine

Windows 10
Killed telemetry and did some optimizations by myself
It werks
Also have flash drive with Kali (persistence) So I can annoy people whenever I want

Arch, Mac OS 9.2, and Parabola. They're the best.

>homeserver
omv (linux)
>desktop
windows 10
>laptop
macOS
>phone
android

Arch linux
I don't get the memes, I chose it because of rolling release and the aur

It just werkz

Attached: scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Same here. The last 8 years using Arch, it only broke on me a few times. Most from operator error, and a maybe couple from updates. Xorg never once broke on me, though.

Xubuntu, because XFCE.

Windows 10, she always wins in the end.

why it's the best DE

Windows 7.
Because it Simply Works™.

Arch
Windows10 works like crap on my old laptop, and don't have a license for win7. Driver support etc actually works better under new linux kernels than windows7

W10 for work and gayming
OpenSUSE for anything else

Fedora Gnome

Lubuntu, because apparently I'm the only one using it.

>Desktop
Windows 10 Ent LTSB
>ThinkPad
Ubuntu Budgie
>Server
Debian

W7 SP1
It fits my needs and sense of style

Desktop- Linux Mint used Slack for years, but I have less free time and noe I want something simple that just works.
Phone- Lineage OS.

Chrome OS.
It's fantastic for what I call "life admin"

Windows 7 on stationary, 10 on laptop, because I needed one fast my school. I wish I had windows 7 on both.

this. linux is ridden with fucking trannies

using windows 10.shit, why? coz i'm poor to buy the already bited apple. lol

Haiku, because it's max comfy.

Attached: screenshot3.png (1024x576, 155K)

by far the best fractional scaling I've experienced, thumbnail file picker, spacebar previews like on macOS, nice icon pack, no screen tearing. Just a smooth overall experience

gaming w10
everything else macos

linux never used any proper fontrendering, so why take it serious as a GUI OS.

>What OS are you using?
Windows
>Why?
Because I'm not autistic.

OpenBSD since the tranny overtake of the linux kernel

Attached: 2018-09-23-145415_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 237K)

Trannies took over Firefox years ago.

I installed it for practicality for now, but I'll search for a replacement in the future

w10 it's like a tumor. Tried to screw my laptop's install doing a half-assed disk partition but window's recovery system worked properly.
Then I tried installing and testing some distros in the split disk, picked Xubuntu because of the huge amount of *buntu support and because low resource usage = more battery.
You could try what did, but it's just taking painkillers, ignoring the tumor's still there. Debian variants are easy to install nowadays, a zoomer could install any *buntu.

/thread

>max comfy
the fuck does that even mean. What does Haiku even do except not have a CoC

cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=19
DISTRIB_CODENAME=tara
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19 Tara"
Does everything I need.

dualboot Manjaro and Windows 7
Windows for games, Manjaro for everyday stuff

I use Windows because I work with SAP

Windows 10, because I'm not an autistic manchild.

Qubes because I am a tryhard faggot

1. It's designed for desktop use.

Read the FAQ.
haiku-os.org/about/faq/#why-not-linux

GNU+Linux.
I also left a win10 partition in case I ever needed 'only available on windows' software.
After 2 years on this prebuilt, that situation has not yet occurred.

>at work
Win10, because my old computer was a shit and when they gave me the new one it had Win10 instead of Win7. I protested initially but it isn't worth the effort. I do everything in MSYS2 anyway, doesn't really make a difference.

>home desktop
KDE Neon, because KDE is objectively the best DE for people who actually do things with linux besides ricing. Kate is the best text editor not named emacs or vim.

>Thinkpad T410s
Also KDE Neon, see above

>Lenovo Y700 14"
Windows 10, because this is the one I lug around campus and some of my profs are retarded and require shit to be turned in as .docx format

This. But I'm considering migrating the CentOS server to OpenBSD because of the Linux tranny shit and systemd backdoors.

Arch Linux

Sent from my Arch Linux distro

Arch Linux because my Windows bootloader is fucked AGAIN.

Attached: shinpachi.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

W10
It does what I want

im a tranny and i use linux haha xd

Attached: 1537360343807.png (284x177, 51K)

Windows 7 on my main computer and Windows 10 on my laptop. I use mostly Windows 10 at work, a few computers still have Windows 7.

I guess mostly because I don't have the time to set up another system. I've used some linux distros in the past, and I usually got rid of it when I finally got the system to work somewhat decently. It's just too big a hassle to work with. I really can't afford using hours every day to get my fucking operating system to work when I'm already dead spent from overwork.

>sheep for the taking
I'm glad people like you exist.

macOS because I'm gay

Debian cus im gey

I also use Debian on the other computer.

Void
Planning to try LiberatedBSD or Arch Hurd

Xubuntu because I have a life and can't be bothered with fixing all the windows issues.

Manjaro with Gnome

Playing LoL every day.

Windows, because I have a working penis.

>iOS on mobile
>best
choose one

Currently dualbooting Arch Linux and Windows 10.

MacOS because Linux was CoCked.

Windows. I don't have time to deal with problems that have been solved in desktop operating systems since the 90s

Windows and GNU Hurd. I tried OpenBSD and it was fucking garbage, that shit will never take off. Working on Hurd and getting it to a usable level then making it fully compatible with Linux packages will be a more meaningful use of my energy than wasting time on the BSDs

Windows 10 LTSB because it just works. When is the new LTSC supposed to come out, anyway?

Manjaro. I've never ever had to run a single line of command on terminal nor download anything on browser to install any new software, AUR makes my life so much easier. Also rolling releases

apartheid linux

Was using GNU+Linux before Linux turned SJW, now I'm using Windows

As of right now only android 8.1 kn ny note 9. Usually run windows 10 though because work needs done.

on my desktop: windows because videogames
on my laptop: chromeos (on a pixelbook)
on my server (which i mainly use as a kind of workstation and where i do most of my dev work): debian testing

i also have sometimes run debian unstable in qemu on my server, but that's mostly to test patches before sending them to a debian maintainer

Windows. I only use mature operating systems for mature individuals such as myself.

Windows 8.1
Ubuntu Mate

Windows 98 on a micron
It's comfy

Dualboot win 7 for gaming
Linux mint for literally everything else
Half my games don't work with the new steam proton thing yet anyways, and I'm not playing a niggered down version of cyberpunk when it comes out

windows
because i'm too much of a shitlicking pantywaist to hop onto TempleOS.

Windows 10, because I have to. My place only has Wi-Fi and my Wi-Fi card is not supported on Gahnoo+CoCix which sucks a lot to be honest.

>He has an ac wireless nic, which his ap doesn't fully support.

windows 10
because brainlet

Win10 with all the bloat and telemetry removed. Why? Because it isn't as bad as you autists think. Who the fuck actually wants to type in lines of code just to do basic tasks on your pc?
All my software runs, I can fix things without bothering to learn the complicated inner workings of linux.

And its not as gay as OSX.

Attached: 1526662_573582389384998_975448149_n.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I use several operating systems in my daily life. What kind of stupid question is that?
You're on a technology board, you think people here are some reddit tier single OS plebs or normies?

Attached: 1512625092704.jpg (960x1280, 138K)

I use Solus on my main system, Linux Mint on my HTPC and Antergos on my Netbook. Fuck Microsoft and Apple. My computers are mine, not Microsoft's and not Apple's. I install what I want, uninstall what I want, update when I want and don't get spied on.

Attached: 1493335992041.jpg (1500x1042, 550K)