I need some help Jow Forums

I need some help Jow Forums

As of this morning my main anime HDD won't connect to my TV or PS4. It's about 16 months old and I've never had any trouble with it, it's a 2TB external formatted to EXFAT (as for some reason that's all PS4s read).I took it to my desktop and while Windows see's there's a disk attached it can't access it.

My linux laptop can see the files, but mpv could only play about 30% of the files I tried. I tried to use SFTP to transfer them from the HDD to my Mac, but kept on stalling.

I'm pretty sure the drive is fucked, which is a shame as I have some good shit on there, but is there any chance of recovering shit from it?

What would you do in my situation?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-23_12-29-37.png (1366x768, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

technibble.com/guide-using-ddrescue-recover-data/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>good shit
>400GB of pure trash
you're a disgrace
kill yourself
i bet you dont even know what smart data is

Attached: 1536813723642.jpg (658x960, 60K)

>Trash

You shut your fucking mouth

hit a nerve, did i?
maybe if you had some taste, i'd tell you how to fix your hdd, but you can fuck off back to r/anime

I assume you had a backup right?
If not...well, you just learned a life lesson. Welcome to the real world.

t. Newfag
Maybe you need back to Jow Forumsfunny

>Youjo Senki
>Trash

End yourself

Attached: k3b4zff6j0OE47SQsVVxasBkl_okJHoqT8TuJ97YUKk.jpg (644x454, 46K)

sounds like mechanical failure. looks like you will have to redownload to another drive. thats not hard, its just your autism making you want to keep all those readily available shows on one device

>opantsu
is that iya na kao sare nagara opantsu misete moraitai by any chance?

I think I may have found your problem OP...

Attached: hmmmm.png (529x297, 34K)

Ahh, a fellow man of culture I see. Why yes, yes it is.

Attached: Trailers-de-Iya-na-Kao-Sare-Nagara-Opantsu-Misete-Moraitai.jpg (640x360, 29K)

ok, i think is correct and you'd be better off just re-downloading all of those shows to a new hard drive. rescuing your drive is likely to cost more time and/or money than just buying a new drive and redownloading those shows
does the drive make any noises when you plug it in or try to access it? you could open it up and see whether or not the heads are wonky somehow but i dont think you'd be able to fix a hardware fault that easily
redownloading 400GB of anime doesnt take more than a day unless you have 3rd world data caps or 3rd world speeds

Attached: 1532640288564.jpg (768x864, 102K)

The only thing you should do with a failing drive is to get the data of it, not try to play shit with MPV

First you need to get the disk out of the enclosure and directly connect it to a PC. The USB to SATA converters in those are complete shit and can't take errors very well. Heck they might even cause the problem.

Now, S.M.A.R.T. data can tell you the status of the disk and why it is failing, use either of these commands.

sudo apt-get install smartmontools
sudo apt-get install hdparm

you can use
sudo smartctl -a /dev/sd*

or

sudo hdparm -a /dev/sd*

Use ddrescue for the recovery process. Guide is here
technibble.com/guide-using-ddrescue-recover-data/

hdparm is -i instead of -a

Whatever is accessible on the drive, copy over to a backup drive. Start working on recovering everything else. That the drive is readable but hangs on certain files is worrisome. Odds are that you have a fucked drive, and you'd want to hire someone if you're serious about saving the drive.
For future fuckups, do some research in longterm storage (Seagate is known to sell shit), have (redundant) backups that you have tested, and make redundant backups at the drive level (set up scripts to save files to multiple locations, one you intend to access often, others simply for redundant backup).

>anime hdd

fucking kek

>anime HDD
>browsing files from Command
>using Linux

The virginity is strong in this thread

>Seagate
You deserve it.

is the command line two scawwy for gaming bwo?
sowwy...

> First you need to get the disk out of the enclosure and directly connect it to a PC.
and you see this

Attached: P1000224.jpg (1600x1200, 252K)

Guess you are fucked.

lol what disk brand and model is that?

>hates anime and Linux

Neo/g/ pls leave

any 2.5 inch one bought prebuilt, for the last 10 years.

>Samurai Champloo
>trash
pls

Never use a Seagate drive again, they will suck the shit out of your asshole and spit it in your face