I bought the German version of 128GB Note 9 for 843 EUR. It has Exonys instead of Snapdragon...

I bought the German version of 128GB Note 9 for 843 EUR. It has Exonys instead of Snapdragon. I don't know what else is different

Did I fuck up?

Attached: economia-galaxy-note-s9-20190806-003.jpg (3000x2000, 835K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12520/the-galaxy-s9-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Note 9
>Did I fuck up?
Yes

It's the same thing but with custom roms and possibly a worse GPU. So probably not. The Note in my opinion is the best phone money can buy. Sadly I couldn't justify paying $600 more for a phone just to not have a notch.

The Exynos is better than the 845. Congrats.

I wonder what makes it German version. It's unlocked so it should work in Finland, right?

But it's not

>Samsung
>Did I fuck up?
Yes Ahmed, you'll have to save some money on next month's Hartz IV payment to get another phone

I have the European version of the Note 8.

The main difference is missing FM radio - which is a feature I actually would have used so it was a bit of a disappointment.

It definitely is. You just will have ass custom ROM support, which people with flagship Samsungs never get into anyway.

The S-Pen button should be like 15mm further down towards the tip.

It's way too far up as it is now to make it usable while writing.

AFAIK all mobile phones for the EU market work anywhere in the EU plus in nearly every country in the world.

In America some operators might use different frequencies/techniques, making them incompatible with normal ("EU") phones, but I think there are at least a few operators who are fully compatible so Europeans can still use roaming on those networks.

Exynos is faster only in benchmarks, in real life tests it performs worse and is less efficient than the SD845
anandtech.com/show/12520/the-galaxy-s9-review/

>Ever since we first heard about the Exynos 9810 we had very large expectations and we knew there would be some tangible differences between Exynos and Snapdragon variants. The expectations couldn’t be more shattered than the results we got. While the Snapdragon 845 variant of the Galaxy S9 performed largely as advertised and as we had been told to expect by Qualcomm, the Exynos 9810 failed to live up to its hype in real-world scenarios. Effectively, the Exynos 9810 variant and as evidenced by all the data we collected, is the slower variant of the two. The root cause here has been identified as the extremely conservative scheduler and DVFS mechanisms which essentially nullify any advantage the new M3 cores have in synthetic benchmarks.
>In 3D benchmarks, the Exynos 9810 posted very healthy efficiency improvements and even sometimes managed to catch up to last year’s Adreno 540. Qualcomm’s new Adreno 630 raises the bar in terms of peak performance, however the promises of increased efficiency have not materialised in the commercial hardware as the performance boost comes at a cost of increased power. Effectively, when looking at sustained workloads, the Snapdragon 845 isn’t any faster than the Snapdragon 835 in its GPU department. Fortunately for Qualcomm, they’re still in the lead and this is not a deal-breaker for the Galaxy S9.
>While the performance advantage of the Snapdragon 845 variant over the Exynos 9810 variant is something we could live with, the battery life results of the Exynos is definitely a deal-breaker. I’m not sure of the root cause here and whether it’s something that can be fixed by software, but showcasing such a battery runtime regression over its predecessor is universally something that we can all agree on as not acceptable for a flagship device.

>samsung
yes you fucked up

I think it's made so you don't press it accidentally.
Why would you need to press it while writing? it's just for launching apps no?

I do agree it's too awkward to press, I use the pen all the time but never press the button at all.

Also they should have made the extraction thingy double as a toggle switch, for example to switch between pen and eraser that would be tres cool.

Nope it works better here on my s7 edge

>Exynos
>Expect like a 3 times worse graphical chip

>Paying 850 euros for a fucking phone

Yes, you did

Would have been 1029 EUR in Finland

With the S7 generation the Exynos version was better than the Snapdragon. But with S9/Note 9, the Snapdragon is the superior SoC.

>I'll sell you this turd for $1000
No, thats a rip off!
>Ok, im putting it on sale for $500
What a deal!

Attached: 1534195994167.png (645x729, 107K)

I read the Exonys version has way better DAC though

But it's treble anyway

> to switch between pen and eraser
Or make that end itself the eraser, like on ThinkPad wacoms, which actually work with note phones, so the software already suports eraser end.

It doesn't make any particular difference in day to day use case.
In more specific use cases, dolphin emulator will run poorly, but you'll be able to unlock the bootloader, and install custom roms.

Either negligible and irrelevant or just plain false. No need to even read it.
Unlocked bootloader and open source processor code is worth a tiny hit in performance.
Unless of course you're a complete fucking faggot. Are you? Oh wait.

>Exonys
Yes

It's not. 845 works better in most cases and it's not locked down.

Should've gotten the Note 8. Barely any difference.

fortnite only goes to high settings instead of epic, RETURN IT ASAP

I wouldn't press it by mistake since I'd just turn it so my thumb and finger is on the edge side if I decided to put 10x pressure as I usually put on a pen when typing.

Attached: style.jpg (1272x776, 59K)

why stop there?

Attached: 1920px-PalmTX.jpg (1920x1440, 225K)

is this what smart phone users do
spend all day reminding themselves to pay off the phone they bought

just get a dumbphone, why pay more to make phone calls

t.

Attached: stockandroidfanboys.jpg (344x415, 46K)

the exynos is the unlocked device. only amerishits get locked down 845 devices. i have to agree though that the snapdragon is the better performing soc.

"Global" versions have to run in the region they're sold in for at least 10minutes on a local carrier to work everywhere else in the world.

>It has Exonys instead of Snapdragon.
>Did I fuck up?
No, you got a right phone. You are able to unlock the bootloader anytime. With snapdragon, it is impossible to unlock them.
Good value. Grats!

>he bought Samshit
Yeah you fucked up.

>buy one get one free note 9
>comes with two pairs of wireless headphones as pre-order bonus, retails at $170 each on Amazon
>sell the promo fortnite skins for another $100

Works out to $400 for each phone and you get some nice $170 headphones with it.

You posted this a couple days ago, is this a copy paste cheap thread now?
Reported for spam