Kde is kinda slow (especially while booting, i can go grab a cup of tea while it's loading), xfce looks like shit...

kde is kinda slow (especially while booting, i can go grab a cup of tea while it's loading), xfce looks like shit, i'm tired of tiling wms, what do, Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20180923_201106.png (1366x768, 452K)

apply decent theme to xfce, obviously

unity. still available with 18.04 or you just go 16.04 and never think about it until 2021.

switch to mac os x

Maybe buy an SSD? It loads instantly here.

install openbox

use XFCE, based and lightweight

I just use unity and don't think about it. It's very beginner/user-friendly, you don't really need to change it if you're not concerned about personal aesthetic

get an SSD. My thinkpad t520 boots from being completely shut down to Plasma desktop in like 15 seconds

>I only care about aesthetics
>what is workflow and efficiency
there are some really stupid people on this board

This. /thread

thanks, guys! i'm a poorfag, but getting a SSD is a really great idea. i'll try installing xfce.

Don't know where you live, but I bought a 120GB Crucial BX300 for equivalent of like $30.

SSD is literally the single best thing to speed up your desktop environment.

budgie

seconding

works for me

buy an SSD or stop bitching

just stick to it. How often do you boot anyways? I also think that they worked on that problem and it isn't that bad on wayland anymore. kde is the only de that out of the box gives you shortcuts to completely disable compositing so that you can game with optimal performance.
I have a shit 200€ laptop where gnome literally lags and shits its bed constantly while kde just gives all the effects without slowdowns at all. I will never again compromise beauty and integration with shitty gtk2 themes ever again.

>xfce looks like shit
You can customize it to not look like shit.

Like every other user in this thread has said, just find a good Xfce theme. Use xfce-look.org, there's like a thousand themes, you're bound to find something.