Why arent there any coding bootcamps for becoming a lawyer in three weeks?

why arent there any coding bootcamps for becoming a lawyer in three weeks?

Attached: codemonkey-studios-noah16-london-1-638.jpg (638x359, 105K)

> being a lawyer
> writing code

Choose one.

Kek coding camps are scams. My company refuses to interview anyone from a coding camp.

Exactly, it's easy money from tards that watch "lawyer" tv shows. Weird that it hasn't been made yet.

and what is your company's policy regarding self-learnt individuals?

As long as the applicant has relevant projects, then we’d be willing to bring him in. If there are any boot camp listed on the resume, into the trash it goes.

>at law school
>know for a fact I will never get a training contract
Should I just kill myself?

>into the trash it goes
based

Attached: trash.png (180x191, 49K)

i have never went to 'coding bootcamp', why do you reject applications from people who have gone to these 'bootcamps'?

Because programming is significantly easier and anyone with an IQ above 60 could do it.

you and your company are dumb as fuck. if someone takes a bootcamp to further their own self-studies, has relevant projects in their portfolio, and you refuse to hire them, then you're ignoring good talent because of your own preconceived notions. you deserve to go out of business

>Abstract math is easier than straightforward learning paragraphs by heart
are you by any chance a law graduate?

You're a transgender pajeet nigger

Because you don't become a lawyer by learning how to code.

Same.

My company hired someone who went through hack reactor. One month into his job and all he had done was make a broken food ordering electron application for our on-site restaurant. Our VP of technology fired him 6 weeks later and made it an explicit policy to never hire anyone from a coding bootcamp ever again.

> Programming implies knowing advanced math.

No, not necessarily.

You can learn how to code in six weeks, but you can't learn how to code well in six weeks. Good software design is more important than ever, and companies are increasingly becoming aware that these coding bootcamps are nothing more than glorified diploma mills.

Not my fault you "code" web applications mate.

You need to be able to use logic, at least.
You can "learn" a specific programming language even if you are an ignorant yard, yes, but you won't be able to use it.
It's like memorising a bunch of phrases in a foreign languages, without knowing what they mean.

ignorant tard*

>Because programming is significantly easier and anyone with an IQ above 60 could do it.
Correct. An aboriginal child could memorize every design pattern and hammer out code like a good little monkey. But it takes at least 110 IQ to write well-designed, stable, and performant software.

100% no. I had to basically stop doing programming and go all in on math to graduate . Writing proofs is way way easier than programming

I'm sure there's a lot of places that are diploma mills for random people who never programmed to make some tiny Angular.js apps and shit, but they can't all be like that right?

Are you retarded? Yes, you are. That's pretty obvious.

Yeah. Knowing how to write good code is more tricky because you need a lot of practice and a good amount of humility and perseverance. You can't learn that in 3 weeks. Using logic isn't that hard tho, unless you meant "being able to think algorithmically"? For the math part, it depends on what you're working on I guess. In my university, CS students aren't learning a lot of math (they basically stop at what we call here in France "analyse II" and "algèbre linéaire II", which is roughly USA's calculus II and linear algebra 101).

>You can't learn that in 3 weeks.
Maybe not 3 weeks, but why not in however many months these bootcamps are? Couldn't these places just improve their curriculum?

The truth is no one should hire anyone simply because they graduated a bootcamp--each applicant needs to be judged on their individual merit, which is best gleamed through their projects in and out of the bootcamp and their willingness to continue learning after they finish the program. If an employer just looks at a resume and thinks "oh, they graduated from such and such, they'll be great," then they kind of suck at finding the right candidate--that goes both for bootcamps and computer science/engineering degrees.

The bootcamp can be a plus, but company's must make sure that the applicant's skillset is aligned with the job, how much additional training they'll need, and whether the applicant is eager to meet your expectations and take on challenges.

Yes, thinking algorithmically is a big part of what I meant. Many people have a hard time with it. They also can't break a problem into smaller parts.
This can be applied to any science or tech discipline, I think. And humility is fundamental. You cannot learn if you think you know it all.

Personally, when I want to learn something, I like to assume that I am a total retard about the subject. This way I will keep questioning my thoughts.

>pay for this course and you'll immediately get employed
I fell for this meme with my degree, never again

Lmao. What was he supposed to have done, though? What were his actual job responsibilities?

But there is no abstract math bootcamp.

What? What the hell are you asking?

Are you asking why there are no boot camps like coding boot camps for law? Or something else?

You have to pass an examination in the US I believe, which would make those boot camps more like cram schools.

Well, you don't need to be a lawyer to represent someone in court. Anyone can do that.