/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What emulator are you working on Jow Forums?

Previous:

Attached: 1537117071908.webm (640x800, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/4489012/does-c-have-a-standard-abi
github.com/maxdev1/ghost
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc /manual/abi.html
developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/CppRuntimeEnv/Articles/CPPROverview.html
stackoverflow.com/questions/15836087/do-visual-studio-2012-updates-break-c-abi/15951016#15951016
itanium-cxx-abi.github.io/cxx-abi/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/or bust
youtube.com/watch?v=_NdHySPJr8I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language_theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something that can emulate happiness.

stop posting this thot

someone made a new thread with a better image please

Attached: qpavae.webm (800x450, 1.84M)

>3D image
Awful thread

Attached: 1530713861938.png (1384x1496, 743K)

this is a C thread

Attached: 1493178253912.jpg (852x973, 475K)

How many lines of code for a gf like that

Attached: 780A29AE-B8C0-4DD4-B420-AFF4AE0DF09F.jpg (700x473, 46K)

Not him, but I don't see how that's different to just . (I don't use Java). Is it something specific to methods?

Attached: no.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I'm afraid I will be posting it until she turns fat or old

What if I like both anime girls and this whore?

I've built many emulators over the years

Scheme or bust

Who is she?

Attached: images.jpg (348x145, 4K)

3D Thot

>she

Just your average british goddess

>old
does she fake braces to look underage

Attached: 29137963_1544899342275556_173479906_n.jpg (720x960, 133K)

A class can have a (static) variable and a method share the same name.
In that case just Class.method would be ambiguous if there's also a variable with that name.

The problem is that Java allows methods and variables to have the same name. Before Java 8 this wasn't a problem, because all methods were immediately called with () so it's
always clear which one you are talking about.
So how is the compiler supposed to know whether you're talking about the method or the variable now? The (dirty) solution is to use :: to refer to methods without calling them. So the behavior is the same as . but it specifies that you want the method instead of the variable.

>british
Explains the braces.

actually it doesn't because braces are less popular in the UK hence the crooked teeth

>no bulge
Dropped.

Guarantee OP is the trap in the OP image

is programming the fastest moving industry? from lurking various places it seems something new is being developed every day and if you want to stay on top you've gotta learn it. crazy

Name 1 (one) reason to use C for a new project.

Best EU/EEA country for programming jobs?

Thanks. That's clear. I haven't used Java in ages, but couldn't remember that symbol at all. Cheers lads

People in the UK have crooked teeth because their gene pool is all fucked up, not because a shortage on dentists and braces.

Japan is similar, except they actually breed for crooked teeth because they find it pretty.

kys

1. If you're a brainlet who does not know and cannot learn any other programming language

That's backwater UK, in London, every other girl, especially high school, wears braces

Albania.

You want to write a library and need an extremely simple ABI and guarantees of future binary compatibility for creating interfaces/bindings for other languages.

JavaScript rocks!

Ye boye

Attached: old_hag_langs.png (600x355, 173K)

That is not a trap

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-04-06_at_22.48.59.png (411x413, 339K)

Considering that you lose absolutely nothing by learning C, it's worth knowing it.

Not necessarily. Opportunity cost.

OP here, let's focus on the emulators please

C defines no standard ABI though: stackoverflow.com/questions/4489012/does-c-have-a-standard-abi

neurons aren't infinite

In practice, there always is one.

C# or Python? I already know the basics of both, but which one has more uses? For Python I would probably go for Django.
Can someone who knows either extensively give me a quick rundown?

u'r brain can forget things

There is still something to gain by learning C: it allows you to work on existing projects currently written in C.
But there is nothing to gain by starting a new project from scratch in C now.

Lisp

Need a simple bootstrapped environment? C. Just set up a stack frame and you're good to go.

Writing a library and want it to be interoperable with everything? C. The various ABIs for C are all very simple to make use of, and so writing a C binding for anything is trivial as fuck. Toolchain is also the most widespread one out there, and exists anywhere on the most obscure shit ever. There's no other toolchain, not even the C++ one, that is as interoperable as C's toolchain.

Try escaping the C linker on any given system. You'll never be able to.

>C defines no standard ABI though:
No, but compilers have had stable ABIs since forever. Anyway, linking with C is almost always piss easy.

I've been working with Python for some years now. I've found it to have new uses over time. Just recently, I went from using it for pentesting, to a petrinet implementation, and sometimes use Flask/Django for company GUIs though I'm looking to see if webpy's good

When I was in a C# company, we used it for propriety software for hotels. I could say don't use Python if you're doing desktop apps

That's because you're retarded. C defines no standard ABI, but if you're on *nix then it's the SysV ABI, no questions asked. If you're on Windows there's stdcall.

If you're on some obscure platform, your compiler defines an ABI and you just read its documentation.

You don't need a standard ABI.

making literally anything that doesn't rely on an operating system running below it

>but which one has more uses
I think Python touches more fields than C# does.
I don't recommend using C#/Java for personal projects. It's overly verbose and simply boring to use.

>But there is nothing to gain by starting a new project from scratch in C now.
Yes there is, see Libraries are an excellent use of C and will remain so for as long as the C toolchain is the most interoperable one out there. If you want that to change, then you need to change the core issue which is interoperability.

Scheme

C++ can be used just fine for that: github.com/maxdev1/ghost

Depends on what you're building:
C#:
requires .NET runtime on target machine(may have issues on linux although they claim they fixed it)
can be strictly typed or dynamically typed (dynamic typing at runtime requires certain structuring)
lots of libraries
Python:
requires Python runtime on target machine
inherently dynamically typed
very good entry language (good first programming language)
even more lots of libraries

I don't know much about python though. I personally have the impression that python is great for quick programs but doesn't scale as well as C# and any larger program/project should be done in C# over python, but I am heavily biased against Python so take it with a grain of salt. Examples of successful python projects would be like a web crawler and C# would be something like a full stack web application. Although obviously you can write basically anything in either

You *can* use C++ for that, but again you run into the issues of ABI, where the various C ABIs are so simple that a retard can use them just fine.

Only exception to the desktop app thing, is if you're using the windows API. Python's library for it makes it pretty simple to do various windows-only things in a few lines of code. Other than that, don't use python for desktop apps, but you can use it for almost anything else under the sun

>covers feminine benis with giant stuffed bear
>not a trap

Same reply, but you deleted your post

You guys were right.
As soon as I put on my programming outfit I immediately understood the SPI protocol for the display and got it working.

Attached: 20180923_190533.jpg (3358x2769, 3.81M)

You can't write an entire OS in Python

Not him, but that goes for most languages user

Nice one! I'm thinking of wearing my fiance's lingerie to get past this display and audio module in my GB emulator, it's way too difficult

How would you write an OS in C#? it sits on the .NET stack so wouldn't you have the OS you wrote sitting on top of .NET sitting on top of an existing OS?

That's pretty hot tbhh, what you working on exactly?

>bust
rust, i presume. definitively scheme.

If we are talking about "de facto" standard ABIs even though no standard one exists, C++ has those too:
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc /manual/abi.html
developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/CppRuntimeEnv/Articles/CPPROverview.html

And if you're using Windows, it's even possible to maintain compatibility, to a certain extent, by using the same version of Visual Studio (although Windows conventions are just a clusterfuck in general, so I'm not surprised):
stackoverflow.com/questions/15836087/do-visual-studio-2012-updates-break-c-abi/15951016#15951016
"De facto" standard ABIs are not exclusive to C.

'or bust' is a phrase

A little portable demo/game machine.
Using an STM32F4 and it's gonna have a syntheziser and maybe hdmi output, but for now I'm playing around with SPI and parallell 8080 tft displays.
It's also gonna be written in Forth.

Also forgot itanium-cxx-abi.github.io/cxx-abi/

>"De facto" standard ABIs are not exclusive to C.
I didn't make this claim, I'm only saying that it's a fuckton easier with C seeing how ALL higher level languages have step by step tutorials for creating C bindings.

i am not a native english speaker and never heard that before. sorry.
> merriam-webster.com/dictionary/or bust

Nah don't worry about it, it is an english phrase, just clarifying

youtube.com/watch?v=_NdHySPJr8I

Attached: images (35).jpg (234x215, 8K)

oh, I know, I'm actually writing an OS in my own twisted C++ dialect.

C++ introduces a ton of its own little problems that are just innate in the language, like keywords that step on each others toes (e.g. class and struct, which do the exact same fucking thing. Also see mutable and the const function keyword, where mutable completely defeats the purpose of const functions). Because of all its bells and whistles, its ABI problems are far worse and any ABI problems that C might or might not have.

On that topic, I'm trying to formulate a C++ dialect that keeps the benefits it brings over C, while shedding bloat and removing features that are unsuitable for systems development. What I have right now is pretty much like this:
>C++14
>remove RTTI, and with it, the typeid and dynamic_cast keywords (in g++ this is done using -fno-rtti)
>remove exceptions, and with them, the noexcept keyword (in g++, this is done using -fno-exceptions)
>remove the "mutable" keyword and strongly encourage the use of the const function keyword on any function where it is appropriate
>remove the class keyword, since struct does the same thing (one of them had to go, I literally chose on a coin flip)

I love her so much

Too bad, she's mine

Thanks for the replies. What's a great resource or guide to learn some more advanced stuff for python w/ django?

2 Scoops of Django is pretty much the ultimate resource for that.

who the fuck is she?

>2 scoops
you can't tempt me like this

>not knowing the queen of Jow Forums

>If we are talking about "de facto" standard ABIs even though no standard one exists, C++ has those too:
Great, except they're versioned and the C++ ABIs are unstable. C's ABIs aren't unstable and won't change because they don't need to.

Why?

so self-declared bimbo of the day, right?
We got a whole line of them, you gotta be more specific than that.

Anywhere I can get that for free? I'm broke and basically programming to try and get a job.

libgen, pleb. Have you never pirated college textbooks before?

if you use c outside of necessity, you are probably illiterate on plt and software engineering.

>she

Attached: SmugTrap.jpg (850x674, 77K)

>plt
go back to school and stay there

>if you use any c-like language outside of necessity, you are probably illiterate on plt and software engineering.
FTFY

>bimbo doesn't apply to men

No, education is free here.

>he

Attached: 1537461464316.webm (640x800, 812K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language_theory

>hurr me pragmatic dev no use academic nonsense lambdas were useless until java added them

After glancing through a few files I hardly see any C++ there.
Looks pretty much like C code except instead of foo_do_stuff(&foo) it's foo.do_stuff()

reddit