Tfw neighbor used kali linux to steal my wifi password and then leeched my wifi for months before I noticed

>tfw neighbor used kali linux to steal my wifi password and then leeched my wifi for months before I noticed
Have you ever had a run-in with a hacker fucking your shit up?

Attached: 1510424308158.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Most of Jow Forums clicks the pop-up "you have malware" ads. Is that considered a run in with a hacker?

That guy is based and redpilled.

nah thats a run in with a script

Those ads suck.
I paid the 80 bucks to remove the virus but it didn't do anything. I called the number for customer service and bought the google play cards to confirm my identity but they hung up on me after I gave them the serial numbers. I must have bought them from a scam website and they detected the false serials.
Had to go buy a new hard drive and had geek squad install windows 10 on it for me. That malware cost me another 250 bucks right there. I'm still seeing those malware ads too. You can't fucking trust geek squad.

So because I check what devices are connected to my wifi from time to time and run a firewall with pfsense

use adblock fag.
Also what 'virus' did you have

When I clicked the ad windows defender self installed thank god and told me I had a virus worm. I paid the 80 dollars for windows defender to remove it but it didn't so I had to buy a new hard drive.

>his SSID is broadcasted
you asked for it

>he thinks he's hidden if it isn't

>replying seriously to that

are you memeing me, son?

>wlist wlan0 scan
psst, nothing personnel kid

isn't WPA uncrackable though?

>trying to guess wifi passwords near me
>tfw two of them are "password"

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1920x1079, 175K)

I'm forced to use an internet connection where you have to authenticate at a captive portal and have a really low data cap. The previous captive portal website was served over HTTP so I just sniffed traffic to get like 10 logins. Thusly I became the data cap baron. Recently they implemented a new HTTPS-based portal and reset all passwords. I acquired a free domain that looks similar to the real one and set up a copy of the page, except the login doesn't do shit other than log the credentials to a file. I redirected all traffic to it and they fell for it. Some poor dude was still at the fake site even after I stopped the ARP MITM and logged in 7 times already so I had to manually send his browser a redirect to the real login page.

Wow, what BackTrack commands did u use to do this haxoring?

Let me simplify what the other guy was trying to say. Hiding your SSID doesn't do anything. You can simply run that command to see it. Heck even in Windows it will often show up on the list as "Hidden Wifi". What does provide security is using WPA with a strong password. Hiding your wifi does nothing.

>open terminal
>type 'h', 'a', 'c', 'k'
HACK
ur in

Attached: 1533003391176.jpg (500x339, 113K)

THIS JUST HAPPENED

Attached: thumb_hackervoiceiminworldmemedatabaseld30012975.png (200x184, 19K)

No, I've cracked many WPA with dictionary attack in aircrack-ng

But user, using adblock is stealing.

Attached: 2fb.png (1500x761, 322K)

some ettercap here, a bit of iptables there, add an adequate amount of socat, some nginx as well as a custom primitive web redirect server written in bash and you got em

>imagine not using fluxion
Do you have much free time on your hand ??

I actually stole all neighbours password by FLUXION XD

You should have paid for the 24/7 service, Mr. boomer

Attached: bestbuy.jpg (864x1536, 157K)

>$39.99 to click in some RAM
I was a staples easy tech for a little while, I felt so dirty.
One time I got a phone call about a computer issue and I just told them the fix and that was that. The manager heard me and gave me a speech about how I should always tell them to bring their computer in so we can charge them the $60 dollar scan (it's just malware bytes on a flash drive) and that my time is worth $60 dollars an hour.
It was so shit being an easy tech. I was hired because they only had one tech and he was behind on repairs by a month.
After a week I had caught up our repair work and when I told the manager he just kind of shrugged and asked me how many warranties I had sold.
And that's the secret, an easy tech is really just a salesman that isn't supposed to sell anything unless they get the warranty with it. I sucked at selling in general because I'm an asocial nerd but when I would get the occasional sale I would get a speech about how they don't make money selling tech and that it's all about the warranty.
I loved the repair work despite the shitty price gouging but I hated that I had to sell shit, and vacuum, and restock the fucking printer ink.
Just let me repair shit.

kys and return to reddit

How did you notice? Irregular speeds?

>working for Stables
>Not being a NEET

No wonder you're so upset...

I too did the staples tech shit during college. What a fucking soul sucker. People come in and trust you, and you're supposed to tell them they need top of the line with extended warranty and a three year Norton subscription. Of course they also need the $60 setup to open the computer, make an account, and plug the norton key in!
They paid me 9.50, and yeah, had me charge $60 an hour for service, and $200 for virus removal (run Malwarebytes free and tdsskiller, maybe a little custom cleanup). Like I was too fucking stupid to see how that's a rip-off. I tried to stay in the "back" (behind a half wall where customers would yell for you), which was productive because we had way more machines in for service than I could keep up with, what with them never giving double coverage, and long sales taking a goddamn hour.

One day my manager called me in and said they were moving me to be "more sales" and that I'd have a quota with no increase in pay and no commission. Quit on the spot. Said that's not the position I was hired for. Felt amazing walking out. Got hired at a hospital a month later making $15 at a place where people really appreciated me for doing a good job. What an improvement in job quality. Now I'm a software dev at a super comfy place where everyone absolutely loves my work. You can make it, user. Get a degree and leave that trash heap.

Oh this was years ago and I only worked there for a few months. I now make six figures working gaming conventions and doing artwork.
The most soul crushing day for me at staples was when I was talking to the district manager and he told me that he could teach anyone to do tech work but you can't teach good sales the person just has to have it.
I believe that, but fuck dude you're flat out telling me I'm entirely replaceable.

I've been leeching from my neighbor for years and he never noticed.

Am I the only one who remembers that thread?
Jesus fucking christ that shit unironically made me stop browsing Jow Forums for the 2 days that followed. I felt so ashamed that I shared a board with those "people"

>Not using mac address whitelisting
>I seriously hope you do not do this...

If someone did this in my neighborhood I'd find him and invite him over for a beer, it would be a nice break from all the inept boomers living here...

>Not using a whitelist on your wifi.

MACs can be spoofed. This is a speedbump for any skid who already figured out how to get your wifi handshake and pull your weak password from it.

And this is why you're poor.

How did you find out op

this is bait

Do you know he is?

How would you find out in the first place

Shut up jew.

Was using wireshark for a project (generate my own packets then test them) and noticed some odd traffic.

I should also add I know the dude that was doing it. He confessed to using kali to steal passwords and chose to use my network because he figured I wouldn't care. I wouldn't have cared if he had just asked me for the password and used the network occasionally.

Wtf how did you know it was him?

>not airgeddon
fluxion a shit

Attached: 1531502828060.jpg (400x399, 27K)

>leaving wps enabled
>having a < 6 password with no symbols

He did you a favor if he didn't drain your bank dry

Redirect his bank traffic to yourself to phish access and buycryptos

because mac spoofing is literally not level 0 script kiddie shit

Not OP but probably looked at list of devices connected or irregular speeds or more data being used than what you know you used.

It werks for me XD

>not having 2 factor auth
yikes

Quit living off mommy and let her have her golden years kiddy

please do the needful

most routers are provisioned with poor randomness so a wps attack isn't unreasonable today

tfw still live with family, change wifi pass cause paranoid and log everyone out, they start fucking crying so I have to change it back