Even if Windows 7 has or had spyware, what is the point of Windows 10?

Even if Windows 7 has or had spyware, what is the point of Windows 10?
>more spyware, more in-your-face spyware
>ads unless you use special distributions
>ass UI lazily designed to handle high-DPI

When can I come back from Linux and use the next evolution of Windows 7? I want consistent settings, good UI, latest NT kernel and updates. I even like how they bill Windows 10 as the last Windows you'll need to upgrade to. But why then is it worse than a previous version, Windows 7?

Attached: Windows_10_1803.png (1080x607, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halfrain.com/
community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803
community.spiceworks.com/how_to/148624-how-to-clean-up-a-single-windows-10-machine-image-using-decrapifier
youtube.com/watch?v=nnFZmULsko0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please reply!!!

>don't know how to deal with that games
>don't know how to BREAK TELEMTRY
Not my fault you're having a problems

>don't know how to deal with that games
literally what?

And I was talking about Windows 10 in general, the shitty UI, the fragmented settings, etc.

Sir you use Windows 10 to get latest offers and subscription services from Microsoft and partners. It has excellent features. Please do the needful and install it thanks

Fragmented settings ????
Dude it's actually perfect
Dude listen whatever shit they through at you
You must work things out with anything
Also taking a good grasp of what your os is doing is actually good

I thought you complaining about that games being spyware or something

>what is the point of Windows 10?
Better performance, directx 12

Thats about all I can think of

Windows 10 fork whe... oh, sorry, I forgot it's not open source.

It literally has 2 control panels.

Attached: shitsettings.jpg (1921x1041, 161K)

LTSB doesn't have this problem

Attached: CS.webm (382x554, 190K)

Still has ass UI and two control panels. Other than NT and DirectX optimization, objectively worse than 7. If this is going to be the "last version of Windows you'll need" I'll keep using Arch Linux.

>people still using windows 7
Enjoy all your unmatched vulnerabilities

Unpatched

Unlatched

Imagine how sad someone is when they let microshit live absolutely rent free in their head.

There's nothing different about LTSB other than no feature updates.

>>ass UI lazily designed to handle high-DPI
Because cobbled together desktop Linux handles it so much better.

Just wait for LTSB 2019.

Because it's there for compability reasons. You probably will hate W10 more if they removed Control Panel. And more folks at Jow Forums will complain about it.

Because the old control panel and 7's navigation was superior and it didn't need to be reinvented

it's good

Attached: 158019284888.png (1920x1080, 968K)

>Still has ass UI
It's clearly subjective. I kinda don't really like it too. But since they can did dark mode pretty well, I'm okay with that.
>Two control panel
If they removed Control Panel and use Settings instead, you probably hate on W10 more. It's there for compability reasons.

The only thing that I hate from W10 is ads.

I'm with you user, I haven't found any compelling reason to use it beyond not being EoL in 5 years

I tried every Windows 7 torrent but they're all crap, I install windows 7 and then nothing works and I can't type anything, doesn't matter the I/O I use.

>I want consistent settings, good UI, latest NT kernel and updates

Not happening, windows is dead

Bump, Windows is not dead.

how do "we" revive windows? Let's start with a logo

Attached: microsoft-windows-95-computer-software-windows-xp-longhorn-5ac67380876166.1640117315229551365545.jpg (900x740, 96K)

Because consistency totally happens on Linux
>use KDE
>app I want is written for GTK

>windows is dead
Windows will be the last one standing with no CoC(k) requiring acceptance of patches from anyone in fear of hurting their feelings

The Windows 10 GUI has come a long way since 2015. I almost regret being a boomer and fighting it for as long as I did.

How do I stop W10 from pestering me with goddamn ads like for the phone login horseshit?

hmmm. Too reminescent of flatshit. More wavy!

install LTSB unironically

and vulkan kicks its ass

where tf can i find a key though

halfrain.com/
or pirate I suppose

ebay

Linux getting better every day. Guess we'll see what happens with all these tranny fools.

Your computer probably only has USB 3.0 ports which Windows 7 doesn't recognize since USB 3.0 came out way after Windows 7 came out. I don't know how it is for you, but the motherboard I have randomly came with a PS/2 port, I just plug my ancient keyboard into that and that's just enough input to get my drivers installed.

Microsoft doesn't need a CoC to ruin themselves when they already have their operating systems written by interns and H1-B's that copypaste code from StackOverflow to get shit to work instead of actually knowing what's going on

If anyone has that one long screencap of the Windows dev posting on Jow Forums about how chaotic Windows 10 development was, please post it

>>ads unless you use special distributions

How come I literally never saw one ad on Pro edition?

ummm have you tried glasses?

Never needed any, thanks. My start menu still only shows me the tiles I set up myself and the lock screen the time and date only.

don't listen to other retards. just go get a kms service yourself. there're plenty of ways if you know where to look up.

community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803
community.spiceworks.com/how_to/148624-how-to-clean-up-a-single-windows-10-machine-image-using-decrapifier
btw

don't do this it creates mustard seed

Can anyone tell me if Win 10 is worth it for gayming for the very least? I'm interested in stuff like dx12 and might get into some Xbox Exclusives I might want to play

installs boost*

>what is the point of Windows 10?
Win10 all and all is faster and has better resource management than Win7. Most of the time, though, the difference is marginal.
Ads are literally one toggle away from being disabled - I've been using Win10 Pro for two years straight, and I haven't seen a single ad since I disabled them.
Inconsistent UI is not a factor to me, but I do agree the fact the Settings app can't yet completely replace the Control Panel hurts the system. Albeit, it's a minor annoyance at worst.
Where Win10 truly shines is its versatility. The driver support is outstanding - the only device I had to manually download drivers for was an ancient HP scanner support for which was entirely dropped during the early Win8 days. Everything else - hardware, printers, scanners, drawing tablets, old-ass Android phones, etc. - worked like Plug & Play.
And no, Win7 is nowhere close to Win10 here - its universal drivers are mostly shit and rarely even work.
Another field Win10 excels at is development. A single platform supports native development for both Windows and Unix architectures, while also giving you powerful tools for Android and iOS development. Developing for Mac is possible, but isn't that practical.
Of course all of the above is achieved without using VM or having multiple boot options.
Well, and games too, I guess.

>installed windows 10
>played solitaire
>suddenly ad
defend that.

>not using god mode
?????????????

but it's so moist and tempting

Fucking tech illiterate. Just a couple of minutes of fucking google would give you the answer to solve that.

>Terrible hardly-configurable appearance, dubious design choices and extremely limited functionality (vs Windows 7/XP)
>They ditch Aero because a crappy ARM chipset for Windows RT couldn't even run it
>Two Control Panels with absolutely zero thought given to how they differ and why each one should be used
>No Windows classic UI for windows decorations. Windows decorations can hardly be configured at all in Windows 10
>Some Control Widgets are spread between the two Control Panels which is utterly confusing (e.g. User Management)
>An awful choice of Color Palette
>Absolutely awful, childish and amateurish icons (the current release features slightly better icons) as if we live in the era of eight-bit displays (only rivalled by those in Windows 3.1 from 1992)
>A big number of Windows 10 apps are still NOT on par with their classical counterparts from Windows 7/Vista/XP (many features are missing or many options are not configurable)
>The start menu is an unusable abomination. Sometimes classic Win32 applications are not listed anywhere. Applications are listed as a list which is nigh impossible to scroll.
These reasons are enough to stop me from using this OS, although the sidebar is a nice addition.

This. The user who said the Windows 10 UI had come a long way was a fucking moron--I tested 10 out again a few weeks ago and it was as big a pile of shit as it was when new. The same ugly, fragmented UI oh and Candy Crush reinstalled itself three fucking times. I guess just removing it over and over wasn't enough of a hint, I'm sure some 10 fag will chime in with "you just need to toggle the shovelware option off." But of course, as with most Windows 10 settings, "if you leave it off too long we'll reactivate it for you :)"

For example?

To sell ads to retards

Attached: 10.jpg (2560x1440, 482K)

And? Your point? If you prefer the old control panel, just use that. Don't make Microsoft remove something that already good like old control panel. What the fuck is wrong with you, Jow Forums?

>Terrible hardly-configurable appearance, dubious design choices and extremely limited functionality (vs Windows 7/XP)
Agree. Though, I liked their dark mode.
>They ditch Aero because a crappy ARM chipset for Windows RT couldn't even run it
Don't know, don't care.
>Two Control Panels with absolutely zero thought given to how they differ and why each one should be used
Just use the old control panel. You have an option. If you don't like the new one, use the old one.
>No Windows classic UI for windows decorations. Windows decorations can hardly be configured at all in Windows 10
This, too.
>Some Control Widgets are spread between the two Control Panels which is utterly confusing (e.g. User Management)
Don't know about you, but for me it isn't really confusing since I use search feature and it's faster that way.
>An awful choice of Color Palette
Fucking this.
>Absolutely awful, childish and amateurish icons (the current release features slightly better icons) as if we live in the era of eight-bit displays (only rivalled by those in Windows 3.1 from 1992)
Can't agree more.
>A big number of Windows 10 apps are still NOT on par with their classical counterparts from Windows 7/Vista/XP (many features are missing or many options are not configurable)
This is why they made two apps each time (UWP and Win32). Good things they didn't remove the Win32 apps. If they did, people will go back to Win7 at once lmao.
>The start menu is an unusable abomination. Sometimes classic Win32 applications are not listed anywhere. Applications are listed as a list which is nigh impossible to scroll.
Not happened to me, yet. I use search feature anyway.

This is one shitty fucking thread. The fucking state of nu/g/...

>having to break things in your OS
Might as well start sniffing microsoft IPs and creating a 10mb firewall list.

Might as well use powershell then. Oh wait, no-one fucking remembers cmdlets because they make no fucking sense, unlike linux/unix commands. Disable-NetAdapterEncapsulatedPacketTaskOffload? This is the fucking reason configuration files exist.
[spoiler]inb4 some sperg claims that he does because he only uses 3 cmdlets[/spoiler]

Maybe we COULD have used the old control panel if they didn't remove things from it. Last I checked they even removed windows updates from it. What's next? Can anyone fucking use the new control panel's network settings?

Fuck this shitty OS.

based microshit
causing asshurt among brainlets and freetards everywhere by simply existing

Thanks for this, used another tool and got a 2.5gb ISO and only 8gb install size. Gonna try that one.

Bump for MicroShit

Nothing wrong with the 7 era logo

Attached: 9c98d02a0aa802bc8cee03f84af97257.png (420x420, 254K)

Agreed. Windows 7 was perfect. Why couldn't 7 be 10, the "Windows as a service" "never need to upgrade again" version? If that was the case I'd never have switched to Lincucks.

How'd they monetize it?

How does one PERMANENTLY kill UAC prompts in Windows 10 ala Windows 7? Sliding UAC to the bottom makes no difference.

you can't
you have no control over windows 10

youtube.com/watch?v=nnFZmULsko0
>breaking your system just to get to the hidden UI customization options post Windows 7
yeah i want to go back to 7 now

Bump for MicroShit revival

No forced "feature updates" is a good thing.

> Your computer probably only has USB 3.0 ports which Windows 7 doesn't recognize since USB 3.0 came out way after Windows 7 came out.
All you need are the right drivers.

>half of Jow Forums now shills for Windows 10
Zoomers are truly taking over.

The Windows 10 Start Menu is an unintuitive mess. install StartIsBack at a minimum.

A lot of talk about Windows 7 vs 10.
Any love for 8.1 (with Classic Shell installed)?

StartIsBack + OldNewExplorer + Aero Glass (glass8.eu)

What I want is 7 interface with 10 updates. Not some 8.1 soon-unsupported thing.

where can I get win7? My pirated copy is all fucked up and can't stand win10

This please.

I loved W7 and now I love W10. Skipped 8 because Windows has always gone good/bad/good/bad... etc. Honestly I think a lot of the 10 hate is way overstated.

>more spyware, more in-your-face spyware
Literally don't even see any spyware at all.
>ads unless you use special distributions
Literally never seen an ad in W10.
>ass UI lazily designed to handle high-DPI
It's fucking fine, looks pretty good to me if I'm honest. I think the Chrome OS UI shades it but it's still decent.

You can remove all the dumb bullshit in about 10 mins after installation. If you still don't like it, that's fine, it's your prerogative. But come on man, W10 is like three years old now, the arguments have been done to death. Use it or don't use it, and leave it at that.

It's absolutely fine once you customize it. This is what mine looks like now. Literally the only thing I'd change is I'd remove the file explorer button because I have it pinned to my taskbar where I prefer it. And all this classic start menu shit is dumb, you're just resisting the inevitable for no good reason because you won't adapt to change.

Attached: w10startmenu.png (319x602, 159K)

>USB 3.0 ports which Windows 7 doesn't recognize
Gigabyte has a tool to make a Win7 bootable stick with USB 3.0 drivers embedded

Windows 10 exists as a platform to force people to learn to use powershell.

If you want shit done in 10, and for it to stick, you need to use powershell to change permissions around and disable shit. And now also to run windows updates.