OH NO NO NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1514544476408.png (636x989, 175K)

>an overpriced, consumerist, cheap aluminum, poorfag status symbol, designed to be cheap to make and look expensive to tech illiterates, performs poorly, even after a half assed attempt to "fix" it was mad after the various defects were exposed.

I'm surprised they were able to improve it at all via software. Unsurprising though that such a thin machine with minimal ventilation would not be able to cool that kind of CPU.

>make every effort to seal up holes in the chassis
>squeeze components for the thinnest possible frame because muh aesthetics
>use gimped fans because muh noise
>one cooling pipe
>shitty paper-thin keyboard with no gaps
>put a little screen over the hottest part of the laptop because muh innovation
>i9
>overheating
i honestly don't know what they were expecting

Attached: 988471057611dccf87943c0fa937523c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>i honestly don't know what they were expecting

really? The i9 was just to pad to specs so the tech reports, who were too stupid to get actual jobs in tech, would praise it. The meme design is to appeal to normies while being as cheap as possible.

Actual performance is no where on Apple's priority list. They want to sell product. In fact, the quicker it becomes obsolete / breaks the better for them. Their customers don't care.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

When will this aluminium shit be over with ? I miss the white plastic MacBooks

Fpbp
/thread

Dell even with ventilation ports and a bigger heat sink didn't do better either, thing is no one will talk about Dell unlike about Apple. You can undervolt it, but still i9 in a slimbook is retarded idea regardless.

>t. SEETHING mactoddler

Attached: 1535131915424.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

Now post the XPS 15

Attached: dellitdzis.png (3840x2160, 292K)

just do what linus did :^)

Never. People are convinced that their shitty aluminium is a "premium" material and will pay more for a shitty product that won't last two years because of it.

>paying money out the ass for what is basically a PC with shit hardware and a OS that's dumbed down more every year

why do people do this? if i had this kind of money to spend on computers I'd buy a netbook and a powerful server or home desktop

Again this stupid BS.

Premiere Pro is mainly GPU-related, and it's optimized to the nVidia graphics cards of the PC's, not for the AMD that the Mac uses.

This is why fake news sites like BI keep making so much money and quality tech journalism is something never heard of.

people who work in non-pajeet-tier outfits get their gear paid for by employer

that being said latest mbp has been a fiasco and I'd wager most sales are retail to söybucks fashionistas

>'m surprised they were able to improve it at all via software.

They just made the fans spin up to 100% instead of 30%.

Then Apple shouldn't have cheaped out and used an Nvidia GPU.
Lots of software only works well on Nvidia, and on a $6000 laptop you can expect a proper Quadro not some gay gaming chip.

>poorfag status symbol,
I agree for the most part, but I've known people that had the garbage cans pushed onto them at work without any say in the matter. One even offered to build his own machine for around 60% the cost. There certainly ain't anything cheap about them.

If I had to hazard a guess, they're overdriving the fans, meaning they'll be dead sooner than expected. There's no software tweak that they can really do to cheat thermodynamics and the lack of vents.

They just told the CPU not to throttle as quickly.
My ultrabook has an i5-3317U processor which has a Tjunction of 105C, but it starts to throttle at 75C, which is early but probably sane.
The Macbooks will go all the way to their Tjunction of around 100C. They're not concerned about the longevity of their devices.

>XPS
Macbook clone is also shit, yes.

But Dell also makes Latitudes.

Oh shit that is bad.

Imagine spending $6k on a laptop that will be toasted in 2 years time.

>being as cheap as possible.
The chassis isn't really cheap to manufacture, it's a fairly intricate machining job. It's just a pointless expense that gets passed onto the consumer at a ridiculous markup when other materials will do the job just fine, and it itself doesn't add tot he machines longevity when there's points of failure elsewhere e.g. hinges, glued components, lint under a keycap.

Well, obviously.
This is an I9. That NEEDs proper cooling.
The Macbook's "Oh god please, let the customer never ever hear the coolers and also make this thing as thin as possible" "cooling solution" can't possibly provide that.
Maybe if you install some software to take care of the fan and set it to "give me tinnitus" will it at least be able to maintain its base speed.

The way it is, it will only be able to maintain its base speed or even go turbo if you only use the performance in small burst, like when compiling.

People honestly do not like to think too hard about stuff when they're not technically literate, and will buy "good enough" with enough marketing.

People will buy the "HD" 768p TV,or "4K Ready" TV, the "4k" Playstation 4, the "i9" MacBook, the "Cloud AI" iPhone and Android, the "Studio" Beats, because they literally do not care as much about these things, they do not enter their heads. It works for them, and they usually pay for the privelage to feel good about buying something that just works good enough.

The same thing goes for people on Jow Forums, I'm expecting you guys don't care as much about what you eat as somebody on Jow Forums, what you wear as much as somebody on /fa/, what you spend your time reading as somebody on /lit/, or have a lot of hobbies outside of technology, somebody could easily ask 'Why don't you read less Jow Forums and more non-fiction literature?" And be completely legit to ask that

>i5-3317U processor which has a Tjunction of 105C,
>3317U
>105C
Have you changed your thermal paste recently user? What ultrabook is it?

Here's the thing, too. If you pay Apple Care you'll get your machine replaced when it dies for free*, but enough machines will survive long enough that their owners Apple Care payments will cover the cost of the machines they have to replace.
If you don't get Apple Care, they get another sale because they'll probably convince you that you were unlucky.

>t. SEETHING mactoddler

Attached: 1526408800487.jpg (1750x960, 405K)

That isn't the temperature it reaches.

I don't much go in for unwarranted Apple bashing, but, they really are fucking shitfest nowadays.
>overheating, huh? we'll fix it in software
I'd suspect most of these toasters will struggle to see out the guarantee period, and that Apple are gonna give up on MacOS and related hardware altogether. They don't need the hassle and it really does appear the unloved offspring nowadays.

yeah, reread that after posting.

And if too many fail within warranty they will just blame the user like they always do.

Fuck you and your being reasonable, we're here to feel good about buying old business laptops and shitpost gaming benchmarks.

Attached: 1537311930594.jpg (480x272, 87K)

i9 MacBooks are not really built to reach max potential, just meant to be generally better than i7, which they are. After the update, the i9 base clock speed stays consistently above i7 turbo speed, which was the original problem.
The same situation applies to pretty much every laptop out their that houses an i9 that isn't a comically huge Alienware or something.
Good thing they're going to start making their own chips in 2020. Intel promised 10nm chips by like last year (which would've resulted in much cooler laptops), and those results are nowhere to be found.

It's not about money. Apple has long standing issues with Nvidia because they just can't stop being fucking niggers. Everyone but gaymers hates nvidia.

Business Insider is a worthless clickbait trash rag of recycled second-hand content on the same level as HuffPo.

Are you retarded? Latitudes are even worse, they're thin and light business machines. Dell's Precision workstations are the most powerful and they're literally XPS clones.

If we really want to look at performance then you have to look at Taiwanese GAYMUR meme companies like Gigabyte and MSI putting jet turbines on their thin and light gaming laptops, or for workstation with "pro" hardware, HP's Zbooks. Like the other user said a lot of the mainstream laptop companies are just phoning in i9 implementations, it's not just Apple

Gamer here. Nvidia can fuck right off.

>After the update, the i9 base clock speed stays consistently above i7 turbo speed, which was the original problem.
Um, no sweetie.
The i7s can turbo to 4.1GHz, this year and last year. The i9 has a base clock of 2.9GHz, and that hasn't changed in the update.
What the update did was stop the i9 from throttling below 2.9GHz, which allowed the higher core count to overcome the higher boost clock speeds the i7s were maintaining.

mactoddlers B T F O