Why are there so many coding bootcamps being pushed recently?

Why are there so many coding bootcamps being pushed recently?

It seems that tech companies idea of saving the world is to turn everyone into a memecoder.

Attached: codingbootcamp.jpg (474x317, 24K)

Mobile and web code monkeys are in demand right now. Problem is most people who do that work are vastly overqualified. You don't need to know computer architecture or networking, be able to design distributed systems, cryptography, any complex algorithms, etc. to make a cookie cutter mobile UI. That's why they push the bootcamp shit so they will have a lot of low paid grunts to do that absolute mind numbing code monkey shit that even most Indians are too overqualified for. In the future anyone with a real comp sci/eng. degree will never have to waste their time doing low level implementation of trivial crap like that. Bootcamp grunt monkeys will allow them to focus on actual difficult to solve problems.

It’s worse than that. They’re pushing bootcamps for “data scientists” now, which means that you will have a bunch of retards knowing nothing about statistics, security, or anything else important trying to draw conclusions on which extremely important, consequential work will be based. I mean things like healthcare and science. The legitimate scientists and engineers will probably have to do more work if anything due to having to babysit these tards.

samefag

>4 posts
>4 ips
>samefag

Easy money
Contract cheap code monkeys as teacher, pay some open office and get students, no projects,no deadline,no legal regulations and take a lot money.

Computer courses are very good business.

How about neither.

it's the obvious consequence of the "everyone should learn to code" bullshit.

Companies have had so many shitshoe interviews from people that just attended some 10k JAvaScript boot camp that a lot of web dev job posts specifically say “no boot camps, please”

Because they are business venture like any other. There are some legit ones which we would have just called a workshop or lecture series in years passed. But why make a website or software when you can just convince some idiots to pay you top dollar for some crappy instruction ?

>It seems that tech companies idea of saving the world is to turn everyone into a memecoder.
Indeed.
And this leaked memo out of google might illuminate why.

Attached: googlesuit.png (1012x787, 1.02M)

>what are vpns
>what is changing ip address

You are nothing more than a dogfucker who is trying to derail the discussion of an important development.

>Why are there so many coding bootcamps being pushed recently?
For the same reason there's so many for profit "colleges"

>which means that you will have a bunch of retards knowing nothing about statistics, security, or anything else important
Every two bit stats monkey job is called "data scientist" and even "proper" data science jobs are mostly just cleaning data and applying some babby linear algebra, brainlet.

I know how to code. I considered joining a boot camp for a guaranteed job. I don't think they could teach me anything.

This one is going to be a massive issue.

"Data Scientist" that don't know calculus.

"Blockchain engineers" that can't even build finite state machines.

Then people will die for this irresponsible shit.

It's a very easy way to trick people too stupid enough to attend college or too lazy to finish them into paying money for a 6 week cut down course. A 10 year old can pass these camps. Most days are padded with non-coding nonsense and self esteem classes. It's basically free money.

These used to be called computer workshops and community colleges would run them. Some fags who either do have college degrees (many times in business) or are very marketable people now run these things to print free money.

Wait, people pay in bootcamps? Where I live you get paid to attend. And there is already a job lined up for you then.

Hence

I also noticed that 80% of the bootcamp recruits where I live seem to go to insurance companies for some reason.

Where do you live?

The Netherlands.

Wrong

I am such monkey, how do I find job?

let me guess, you fell for the cs degree meme and are pissed off now that you see peers in your work force who just took a three month bootcamp but are getting paid about the same as you?

>hire activists to tell us what to do

what. this cannot be real.

Where are these postings?

I know. You didn’t try to derail the discussion.

What counts as good instruction?

>bootcamps for “data scientists”

Attached: 1534712952297.jpg (250x250, 6K)

link? i'll screenshot them into great bait for future usage

fake and gay

>anyone who disagrees with me is samefagging
kys

But yeah, the whole thing is fucking annoying in all honesty. It's just another way to scam idiots into spending thousands of dollars so they can just barely qualify to do code monkey work, as the other user pointed out. Of course these same people will get paid like absolute shit, driving down wages and quality of code across the board. If we're lucky, the demand for actual good programmers will only get stronger, forcing companies to pay even higher salaries than they are right now. Somehow I doubt that'll happen though, and instead the push to get more and more of these morons into coding will get stronger.

>we could make atlanta a major office
i hope so

of course i am you fucking idiot

im not just mad i want these people dead

No I'm mad because I work in research and it's impossible to get anything done since you have to waste time unfucking their shitty work, not to mention you're not even sure they did it right.

My group literally wasted 6 months of work and got our paper scooped by another journal because some leadership fell for marketing like a retard and forced us to rely on obviously unqualified data "scientists" for our analysis, who no surprise fucked up the whole thing.