I bought a Elecom Huge Trackball, 52 mm red ball, around $1,400.00 churros...

I bought a Elecom Huge Trackball, 52 mm red ball, around $1,400.00 churros. Today I noticed the ball was all greasy so I took it out for some cleaning, windex style. But god, I am so clumsy that the ball escaped from my hands and fell onto the hard mosaic floor. Now the ball is cracked, as seen in the picture.
The ball seems quite "roundy" still, only the cracked area is like 0.3 mm of protuberance. This is very noticiable in the normal function of the whole trackball, It feels like driving through a bumper on the highway.
I can't get a compatible ball replacement in all major sites (amazon, ebay, mercado libre, aliexpress). Damn you Elecom and you privative 52 mm red ball! One does not think a lot of privative formats until a problem like this arises.
So, I was thinking in using a nails polishing stick (I don't know this device name in english, as you all can tell) to flaten the cracked surface and make it shiny again. Tomorrow I'll be buying this nail-polish-thingy. SO, in the mean time, I wonder if you Jow Forumsuys know a better aproach to fix my trackball's ball, since I can't afford one brand new just for a spare ball.

Attached: cracked_trackball.jpg (2880x2160, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ctJDPjnZ3Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is the thing I was talking about, this one is busted, so I need a new one.

Attached: nail-polish-stick.jpg (960x720, 164K)

Jow Forumshetto repairs

find a pool ball that is the same circumference

I did, there is no 52 mm compatible ball, not even a "crystal" or marble. The closest was 55 mm in diameter, and is has to be red, because other color does not track well according to the comments of other balls replacements for other trackballs (logitech and such).
Besides, if it is a crystal, quartz o a litle pool ball, the weight is not the same and the mechanism of the trackball will suffer.

They sell 52mm stainless steel balls on Alibaba. Just buy a new one. If you're positive about the size.

Why did you buy a mouse for 1.4k?

$1,400 MXN, about $70 USD.
Because I was memed into it. I read that trackballs were patrician tier, and it looked comfy. My desk is 70 cm (30") wide, so I can't use a lot of space to move my arm with a normal mouse. And my last mouse break in the microswitches, and I was sick and tired of cannibalising old mices to transplant its microswitches to my normal mouse.
I know trackballs uses microswitches too, but, as I stated earlier, I fell into the meme.

El bumpo.

You should have tried something smaller. I own a MX ergo and I swear by that thing. there's also the 500 series trackball if you want something cheaper.

Well it seems that you've busted your balls mate

Attached: indeed.gif (408x224, 477K)

Polishing a glass ball like that is not easy. Brush in big circles the whole time.

youtube.com/watch?v=ctJDPjnZ3Ag
try this according to the diameter you need and paint it red. Do it for science not because it's practical.

Fill the dent with epoxy and sand off the excess.

This sounds like the best answer OP.

This. You can get red epoxy or color the epoxy red.

>buy a new trackball, same model, from someone who allows returns on damaged items
>swap balls
>return trackball for refund due to chipped ball
lrn2jew

>You should have tried something smaller
How can it be better if it's smaller?

Elecoms aren't great; cheap plastic, foam wears out, and the whole thing rattles. Spotty Linux support as well.

bingo

Put that red ball in ur anus user.

make wood sphere
tint it red

I googled "52mm ball" on Ebay and found a lot of polished stone spheres for sale $1 and up. I'd try one of those first. For anybody advocating buying a new mouse and returning the broken ball, for your information, you're not a Jew. You are a nigger. Have a nice day.

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

IVE GOT BALLS OF STEEL