Bros I miss this phone...

Bros I miss this phone. Only 10 years after all that shit minimalist phones I started to understand how aesthetic looking this device was. It had trackball, keyboard.. all that bulky design which made it easy to hold in a hand. Imagine running some distro on it right now.

Attached: dreamopened.png (750x638, 938K)

>cant play fortnite
dropped

kys

no headphone hack, needs dongles

It had a ball and a keyboard because it had shit tier non capacitive touch screen.

imagine installing gentoo on that bad bitch with dwm
HRRNG

where can i get a phone with a keyboard in the year of our lord two thousand and eighteen?
and dont say blackberry priv.

Buy a Blackberry

Buy an iPhone Xmax and buy a mini Bluetooth keyboard and a stand or a keyboard case.

See? Phone was 10 years ahead of current competition. lel

>>>lgbt

i still use the original g1 tbqh

*sips detergent*

That's not a phone. It's a pocket terminal. I had this in high school and it BTFO'd iPhones left and right. Wrote entire papers on that thing in the library and had a PSP emulator too.

Attached: T-Mobile-Sidekick-4G-2.jpg (1634x2126, 523K)

Anyone else had this cunt destroyer?

Attached: 81wNcLbQjrL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1153, 148K)

No because I never used CDMAshit.

What is that? Googling it, seems to be an American thing. I bought mine unlocked in Germany.

>hiptops
I miss this form factor so much. Have yet to use a virtual keyboard that didn't suck ass.

It had a capacitive touchscreen, and for the record, capacitive touchscreens are still shit-tier.

Good luck finding one. They don't exist and only serve as shitty compromises for the real thing.

I hated that thing when I had it, it was fucking awful, Galaxy S Captivate was such a great upgrade from that piece of shit

To be fair it was the iPhone "2G" of Android. It was for the early adopters and like all first-gen tech it was shit.

Fucking gingerbread was lagging on it as hell

A phone using a similar design but with modern guts would mean you could use keys and a trackball to aim and not block the screen while playing.

I remember it blew my mind that a phone could have a 800mhz processor. Then 6 months later HTC Evo came out with 1ghz processor and 8mp camera. Evo is still the best phone I ever used.

couldn't you type on commands on the home screen with the physical keyboard and it would run as root?

All touchscreens are shit tier.

Moto Photon Q, GSM mod + custom ROM is the best that u can get

>buy an alcatel
>buy chink botnet
Ewwww

Attached: 992.jpg (1156x1566, 238K)

dam lagdroid phones look likeTHAT?

this

>not having the global 2.0 version with MIUI ROM
Fucking pleb

Attached: dennis-rodman-celebrity-apprentice-all-stars-05.jpg (1000x981, 164K)

Captivate was comfy af, I even had lollipoop in mine back them, camera was shit tho

God damn OP that looks so fucking cozy... I know it ain't shit now adays, but look at that cozy fucking device.

I wanted one of those so bad as a kid, but my parents had us on Verizon, which had the shittiest selection of phones at the time (probably still does).

i had an epic 4g, but i would much rather have a motorola. had an atrix with a lapdock, it was fucking amazing. atrix still works, lapdock.... not so much.

cdma is a non sim-card service phone. it's pretty shitty considering you need your service provider to spoon feed your phone every time there's a problem instead of swapping out a sim card.