Laptops

What are some Jow Forums approved laptops to get for running gnu/linux? Newer models preferred

Attached: 2356245242342.png (256x196, 7K)

ThinkPad T420.

Macbook Pro 2018.

Oh man.
Thinkpads, you might think it is a meme, but in my experience I never had problems with Linux (gnu+linux) on a Thinkpad, everything works after a fresh install of whatever distro.

No weird connection problems.
No weird audio problems.
Even the special keys work out of the box in most distros.

which model would you prefer?
Can't bother using something like

The T420 is pretty much the last ThinkPad before they became too chinky for use. But it is shit next to a T60 or even a T400.

don't listen to the Thinkpad poorfags, get a touchbar Macbook Pro.

>Can't bother using something like
why? I have tree models, x220, x220t, and t560, newer models aren't that bad, but old models are clearly superior in almost every aspect.

I prefer the W520 myself, but I agree.

they seem outdated

They may seen outdated but they outperform many recent machines and they cost like 1/4 of what a modern laptop cost (with shitty specs).

I might actually try one considering the price

Check for more info and recommendations into buying a Thinkpad.

thanks

No problem fren.

Attached: 4684864559c1ebfa4e751cb16eb76dec16521777241cf825ca6d5eca9bec1f4a.png (532x624, 182K)

purism

Anything from Purism. Like the Librem 13. It costs top bucks but it has proccessor-botnet shut down

Nope, nothing older than 2015. That way you still have all your ports except the ethernet one. (that still needs a shitty dongle)

T430>T420

thinkpad t440p
of you have money go all nuts with the newer carbon x1 or thinkpad t something. Or an HP with ryzen

>in almost every aspect
redpill me on this
what I prefer:
- non shitty display with higher than 720p resolution
- no intel backdoor
- good battery life
- light (because it's a fucking portable computer)

should I get old thinkpad? :^)

I'm using an x230 i bought for 180 euros
My gfs parents bought her a dell inspiron 3000 for 550 euros
Now we both get 6 hours of work
But mine gets to be upgraded, I got an x220 keyboard installed so my wpm is much higher then the shitty laptop keyboards people have to use nowadays
We both have usb 3.0 ports, but i also have a yellow port for charging and powering stuff while the lappy is off
She has one hdmi port
I have one miniDP and one VGA, so I can hook up to any projector or monitor i come across and can have two hooked up at the same time (i have a 4 euro mDP>HDMI converter in my bag at all times)
Considering it's a thinkpad it's going to be much more resistant to physical damage in case anything happens
Now she does have a gpu in her inspiron, but thats because she needs it for rendering
I dont render or play games on my laptop so that would be pointless weight/fan noise
Ofc the keyboard easily survives liquid spills on mine because of the tech
I dont think hers would survive that
Now i rushed too much and got one with a bad lcd screen, but there are models with ips screen, so just get one of those

Attached: l7evkldocpk11.jpg (4160x3120, 1.37M)