John C. Dvorak

Fired from PC Mag after 32 years. RIP

Attached: CA002E68-1411-4215-B9EA-A17D5BE5BB26.jpg (190x220, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noagendashow.com/
books.google.com/books?id=aAtUrtU87kQC&dq=PC Magazine archive&source=gbs_all_issues_r&cad=1&atm_aiy=1980#all_issues_anchor
youtube.com/watch?v=C96YG7qzN80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im on colemak myself

Attached: mrdesktop.jpg (180x180, 9K)

RIP podcast man.

He was right about everything.

>thought mouse would be a failure
>thought iPhone would be a failure
>thought iPad would be a failure
Why does anyone listen to this boomer?

The iPhone and the iPad suck dick.

Red bull on John C.

>suck dick == failure

ITM user

PC mag is run by a PC fag

Attached: Screenshot_20180924_010408.png (862x543, 327K)

fpbp

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x358, 6K)

k

Attached: 769876976.gif (327x248, 24K)

kek

>muhney

Who?
From what?

>"The Mac mouse is great. I've been converted."
What the fuck did he mean by this?

Attached: magic_mouse_2_charging.jpg (938x525, 26K)

Same actually

Touch screens and touch pads will actually win the war against the mouse

why he fired for ?

Win what? Mass production? Yes, because people use mobiles more.

No way can a touch screen or touch pad defeat the convenience and productivity of mouse input though.

Attached: YUP.jpg (440x181, 16K)

they rode that mouse all the way to the top

Didn’t bash Trump enough

fired for what? where's the context?

>I see that this object sucks the big peepee
>I believe people are normal mentally
>Therefore I assume it will fail

Nothing wrong in that train of thought. His only mistake: mankind being retarded.

Used to buy PC Mag around a decade ago just to read his columns
How relevant are those magazines now anyway? When's the last time Jow Forums bought them?

Attached: RIP Dvorak.png (686x835, 381K)

>Call me, next year, maybe, cya!
no way to treat legneds, you fat Grade A Cunt.
No wonder the Man's pissed.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 12K)

Wasn’t he a Microcock shill?

Sometimes I read old issues of PC Magazine from the 90s for the comfy factor.

No one reads PC Mag so not surprised.

Fuck this gay earth. Is there left for women to destroy? A women with integrity is like a unicorn

PC magazines are overpriced and aimed at people who are shit with computers. Even the Linux magazines are just solely aimed at people brand new to Linux and want to know how to install Ubuntu.

I used to get EGM and PC Mag up until around 2002 if I remember correctly. Then there was no point even with dial up.
I have a single copy of EGM I saved to remind myself the video games were, at one point for many years a chill hobby. Just the amount of politicization that's bled into fucking everything since then is really shocking when you go back and read what was written just a couple decades ago.

Oh BTW, don't bother coming in to work on Monday.

who here /Crackpot and Buzzkill/

dvorak was a fucking dumbass of the highest order. every time he made a prediction you could expect exact opposite to come true. good fucking riddance, rest in piss you geriatric dipshit.

>getting this triggered over a literal boomer

fpbp

>thought mouse would be a failure
I can’t remember whose system it was, but he didn’t like the implementation. He didn’t say a mouse driven GUI wouldn't ever work.

boomer stuff

>Touch screens
>touch pads
touch balls :^)

why is this boomer verified on twitter? do all tech journalists get verifies on there or what? Even that zoomer from the verge is verified and he couldn't even build a computer

what has Dvorak done besides inventing the DVORAK keyboard layout?

you're retarded lmao

>DVORAK keyboard

What went wrong?

I just remembered that he said all bosses were idiots last week on No Agenda. Did he hurt her feefees?

Colemack or Dvorak tho?

His new boss seems to be a SJW

Wow, what a fucking cunt

I remember him criticizing anyone who hated SJWs a few years ago as "nerds who all hate women".
The fucking irony.

Dvorak once successfully predicted Apple would switch to Intel, which gave him the illusion of having the gift of fruit prophecy

feels so good when Boomers get a taste of what capitalism is actually like for the rest of us

This but unironically

AND TAKE YOUR SHITTY KEYBOARD WITH YOU!

Perfect.

Bummer... surprising PC Mag is still a thing, though.

Attached: IMG_leoville_0_1104171211734.jpg (500x375, 51K)

>legends
what has this cunt done other than a shitty keyboard

SJWs took over.
noagendashow.com/

ITM

KEK
You are dumb as shit m8.
Apple production factories run on Windows.

Attached: c551383d02d77c0e48967367c3a8c981.jpg (620x463, 52K)

Writing for some of the largest publications helps.

you do know they make bootcamp, right?

Which is irrelevant to the fact that production itself depends on Windows as reported by plenty of sources, you dumb shit.

>PC Mag
PC Mag died when they fired Spencer F. Katt

Attached: spencer f katt.jpg (400x400, 24K)

ITM indeed

>listen to podcast
>think it’s a tech podcast
>wait 3 hours for tech to be discussed
>never happens

Those digits user.
They discuss tech from time to time. Adam lurks here. He's got an OTG (Off the Grid) segment he does where he talks about how to get away from the botnet. Dude uses a pager and dumb phone. They both know a lot of people in Silicon Valley, and have good stories about them from time to time.

>fired

dude's like 78

QWERTY is bettery

They were relevant if you were a wee dickhead and you didn't know shit about computers. PC mag is what taught me about software alternatives. I don't know if they still do it but about 10 years ago they had media disc with FOSS and had a linux flavor as well. Now it just feels like circlejerk shit.

he'll be dead soon anyway so who cares

>Now it just feels like circlejerk shit.
That's everything in tech now.

I loved his stuff... in 1990
Let me guess, wrongthink?

have some repsect faggit

how could they?

Attached: prophetic.jpg (1280x1741, 485K)

he gets a few wrong. big deal. he's not nostradamus

Attached: cant get them all right.jpg (1280x1740, 415K)

Attached: becoming john dvorak.jpg (1280x1705, 443K)

I'm sure that right now, Leo Laporte is having a wonderful laugh about all of this, just as TwiT is circling the drain.

does nobody read anymore? or do zoomers just prefer to swipe "top 10" lists?

Post more of these if you have them. Thanks!

John made fun of Leo on Leo's show after he exposed himself live on air. That's why Leo fired him. John is based, dude straight up doesn't give a fuck and has good jokes.

Me desu

#sewerchat

they're from the PC magazine archive
books.google.com/books?id=aAtUrtU87kQC&dq=PC Magazine archive&source=gbs_all_issues_r&cad=1&atm_aiy=1980#all_issues_anchor

Cool, thanks.

>John made fun of Leo on Leo's show after he exposed himself live on air
Leo disinvited John because of a Twitter spat over clockboy.

Attached: retro threads.jpg (1280x1740, 478K)

Get on the mailing list, douchebag.

He hates everything.

Not anymore. It was good before they went digital-only.

Attached: last paragraph.jpg (1280x1703, 496K)

I work close to hardware, loads of that industry's related software is on Windows and if they outsource the cheaper quotes are going to be based around Windows. Apple don't directly employ enough people to manually write ALL software related to every stage of manufacture, and it wouldn't be cost-effective to make that restriction.

This isn't unique to Apple:
Microsoft have long been criticized by investors for their dogfooding policies, they hurt costs, recently they're now promoting technology reliant on Linux of all things. They've always outsourced a lot of art and general media work that probably heavily relied on people using Macs.
Linux Foundation members have Macbooks they take with them to presentations.

80s-90s PC magazine commentary is maximum comfy

Attached: pepe wizard.jpg (736x737, 38K)

Man, you been writing shit since the days when NT was an apple in someones eye, then get brushed off by some SJW cunt with that ?
Fucking makes me angry

dammit user... posting that link is going to cause me to spend weeks doing nothing but reading PC Mag back issues

ITM

Attached: JqM1OwKC0o.png (512x512, 357K)

dumb zoomer

Someone recommended this show to me once. These dumb bastards just talk about nothing and get fooled by every fake news story that comes out. Go figure, considering the kind of audience that would put up with the callouts in those shows.

Go be underage somewhere else.

But you learned something, didn't you?

pretty sure they are raking in sever hundred thousand dollars per year now just on podcast donations alone

Was that it? What a waste, dude was based on Twitter. I listen to no agenda every now and then still but stopped cause they're idiots about some shit like climate change

It's funny. They have good chemistry, and the sound is good. It's basically a show about calling out Jewish tricks.

Anyway, JCD poking fun at Leo, and Natali being a slut.
youtube.com/watch?v=C96YG7qzN80