Why isn't every Android phone waterproof like the iPhone XS?

>drop iPhone in a pool
>it's fine
>drop every Jow Forums user's Android phone in a pool
>they're all dead and have warranty-killing water damage
>you probably can't even go out in the rain with your phone

iJustine and her sister just did a water test with their iPhone XS and their phone was perfectly fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EYjLNHrXRY

Why isn't every Android phone waterproof like this?

Attached: iPhone XS Max Underwater Test.png (851x719, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
youtube.com/watch?v=6EYjLNHrXRY
displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm
gsmarena.com/results.php3?sIPCerts=5,6&sOSes=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$1000 androids are waterproof

Why isn't every iPhone as waterproof as the iPhone XS?

Reminder for the newfags:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

My Sony x5 premium is waterproof

Not iP68

>$1000 androids are waterproof
But does anyone buy them?

>Why isn't every iPhone as waterproof as the iPhone XS?

Because those are old, silly

I have an s7, its waterproof, has a better screen than the new iPhones, and a better camera, they go for about 250-300 dollars used, you can unlock the bootloader, flash it with a lineage OS rom, and have the newest stock android.

or you could just pay 1000 dollars for a phone with a sub 1080p display, no expandable storage, and be treated like you don't even own your own fucking device

>people say iPhones are a waste of money
>meanwhille their shitty Android phone can't even take a dunk in a glass of water without completely dying.

> iToddlers discovering waterproof phones in fcking 2018
> suddenly needs medical grade IP certification
Wtf even 2013 first Xperia Z is IP57, which is way enough if you go in pool or under the rain with.

Attached: IMG_20180421_094203.jpg (250x350, 13K)

This is my next phone. It rapes your iPhone's water resistance. It can be dropped without an issue. The battery lasts a LOT more than your iPhone's.

Attached: CAT-B35-Front-Angle-4-576x1024.jpg (576x1024, 59K)

>neetbar phone

get a life, user.

> caterpillar
> neet
More like real worker phone desu

you mean like the last six samsung flagships, or the last 12 sony flagships?

Apple catching up again

Ford didnt invent or produce the first automobile
Does that matter over 100 years later....nope.

>you mean like the last six samsung flagships, or the last 12 sony flagships?
IP67

COPE

idk my 200€ samsung galaxy a5 is ip68 waterproof

Imagine thinking this is a convincing argument.
>$1100+ for what is basically cpu upgrade that doesn't matter. Inb4 more fortnite frames
>hurr durr waterproofing is important now that apple did it
>hurr durr it cant survive rain
My lg v20 (with a removable back and replaceable battery) does fine in the rain retard. The s7 has ip67 and will survive just fine in a pool. What retard brings their phone into a pool anyway?

Attached: 1532999154626.jpg (550x550, 28K)

itoddlers finally catching up with rest of the world ?

Its not meant to convince anyone of anything.
Just pointing it out...."X didnt do it first, someone else did! who cares about X" can be applied to many products and services throughout history. However,it doesnt really matter in the long run. It's all about the long game. Bell didnt invent the telephone first, for example...does that matter at all, nope.

so did they go to London to fuck rich Arab's?

>What retard brings their phone into a pool anyway?
People who aren't afraid to go outside and take off their shirt...you know...normal, healthy people.

>better screen than the new iPhones
>better camera
That's objectively a lie

That argument only works when x is actually an improvement/more compelling option than the first iteration.
The only feasible reason anyone take their phone INTO (not near) a pool is to take retarded selfies on snapchat.

>in a pool
you can't drop it in the pool if you don't go to the pool, problem solved

>>
>iJustine and her sister just did a water test with their iPhone XS and their phone was perfectly fine.

>youtube.com/watch?v=6EYjLNHrXRY

sage shill threads trying to up youtube views

Isn't the new memephone still below 1080p?

Why does it take Apple years to implement features that Android phones have if they're going to add them anyway? Who wants to support a Just Wait™ phone company? I've already changed phones three times after starting to use waterproofed ones. My current one is Samsung Galaxy S8+. It's a very popular phone and is indeed IP68. This whole thread is just sad.

Beta was first, VHS prevailed
HD-DVD was first, Blu-ray prevailed

not sure on the sonys but pretty sure the S and note series have been IP68 since at leadt the S7

What did I say?
Both of them came out on top because they were better/more compelling options than the first.

1125 x 2436
But I wasn't talking about memepixels displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm
>It is the most color accurate display that we have ever measured. It isVisually Indistinguishable From Perfect, and is very likely considerably better than any mobile display, monitor, TV or UHD TV that you have.

It is 1440p Super AMOLED. Apple's is a 1080p """"""Super Retina"""""" display. The glass on the new Apple phones are obviously more durable and whatever though. 577 ppi vs 458 on XS/max. I dont know camera wise, but probably Apple's is better because two cameras and newer tech, and S7 is not a Pixel tier single camera.

samsungs flagship are IP68, years before toddler products

Literally who cares about ppi beyond indistinguishable point.
New iPhones have the best screens on the market.
New iPhones have the best camera after Pixel 2 on the market.
You may not like what apple does with their phones but denying their great hardware is retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_20180924-104427_Brave.jpg (942x367, 222K)

>Playing with a phone in water
>Thinking this is a good idea regardless
>Assuming damaging effects can always be (immediately) seen
>Not using this is a last resort

I admit though, water resistance is pretty cool

> applel
> best at anything
> good at anything
fuck off shill

The note 9 has the best screen in the market, however the iphone is great as well for obvious reasons.

> water resistance
> water doesn't enter usbc port
> water doesn't enter speaker hole
plunge it into water and tell us about the results

>Who cares about better screen
>Apple have the best screens
>THEY LITERALLY BUY THEM FROM SAMSUNG
Is this bait or are you braindead very curious.

Samsungs are ip68

Everyone knows that the Note 9 has the best display. Apple is shilling so hard it's actually sad. If they did invest that time and money into their products they may would not suck as hard

>Why isn't every Android phone and extremely expensive flagship
The answer is obvious, isn't it?

A lot are. Even cheap ones.
My Sony Xperia X is IP 67 which means pools are just fine.
Most flagships are at least IP 67, Samsungs have been IP 68 for a few years now.
Really, there's no reason for Apple to be proud about catching up, especially as other makers managed to retain things like the headphone jack.

>>It is the most color accurate display that we have ever measured. It isVisually Indistinguishable From Perfect, and is very likely considerably better than any mobile display, monitor, TV or UHD TV that you have.
They say this about every new phone they test.

Yeah you right, it took the crown, my bad, but X is certainly better than that user's s7.

Apple is the best at triggering faggots like you I see.

>They buy them from Samsung therefore they're identical
>Brainlet.jpeg
How come then compared to the same generation of Samsung phones they have higher brightness, better calibration and use dimming that doesn't rape your eyes?

Yeah it is, my bad.

>How come then compared to the same generation of Samsung phones they have higher brightness, better calibration and use dimming that doesn't rape your eyes?
The ones you're comparing to are S series which come out about 6 months apart from iPhones. Technology improves.
The rest is in software. Samsung phones have similar to better dynamic brightness but they limit the user set brightness to save power and the displays. That's simply software.
Calibration on the Samsung phones is top notch too, just the default display mode is higher saturation.

What's wrong with it? you mad whiteboi

There's a shit ton of water resistant Android phones, and long before Apple did it:
gsmarena.com/results.php3?sIPCerts=5,6&sOSes=2

Why doesn't every iPhone have a thermal camera like the CAT?

JUST

>Apple catches up after 6+ years
>"WHY AREN'T ANDROID PHONES LIKE THIS"

Attached: 1515698213511.jpg (512x523, 36K)

nice bait thread

god ijustine is perfect

That never stopped Samsung. They had waterproof phones years before Apple.

>wh*te "people"
lmfao

Yep

>model looks
>knows about all tech
>nice
>knows how to make great movies

>>model looks

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 18K)

she did maxim buddy

Damn iJustine looks like *THAT*?

Attached: cartoon-man-pain-he-vomits-260nw-197803475.jpg (400x280, 28K)

Would you marry the fugly sister just to get to hang with justine?

Would it be worth it

I'm still using an old S5. I use to jerk off in the shower even though the charging port plug is broken off

Because for their price I can buy 4 new android phones and still save money

Do you think her sister is secretly jealous of her? She sucked all the beauty from her mother's womb leaving nothing for her sister.

i picked up an xperia z2 recently that is IP58 waterproof, cost me $50

Bu can you compete?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>Would you marry the fugly sister just to get to hang with justine?
No. She has a granny face and her skin is brown as fuck. She's the ugliest of the 3 sisters. You'd think iJustine's sisters would actually look like her.

but justine is ugly as well

LMAO

>ITT: retards that don't know the difference between waterproof and water resistant baiting each other
my two year old s7 edge has this new iphone's water resistance and I'm sure older samsung phones than mine also did.

>or you could just pay 1000 dollars for a phone with a sub 1080p display, no expandable storage, and be treated like you don't even own your own fucking device
Why do people lie on the internet?

>Would you marry the fugly sister just to get to hang with justine?
Her sisters don't even look like her. She's easily the best looking so it would be tough marrying one of them and having a sister-in-law that looks like Justine.

Jenna is the ugliest one though.

Attached: CClWKpDXIAAqQ44.jpg (960x960, 172K)

Why don't iPhones have an infrared, microUSB or USB C, memory card slots, 3.5mm ports and removable batteries?

Mine was like 200 bucks and its waterproof

Ah yes, the newer Galaxy looks so much better than the older iPhone here! What a camera!

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 72K)

>infrared
What for?

not an argument

I bought an s8 recently. As a former ifag, I must say I'm impressed by this phone, it's really good looking and has the best camera ive seen

AC and TV

>americans can't walk to their air conditioning units or tv to turn them on or off
My Apple TV is controlled by my phone, poorfag.

>They LITERALLY buy the screens from Samsung
>They are still different
Golly gee champ do the world a favor and blow your shit for brains out of your skull

>remote right there to turn device on
>lol better pull out my phone
>open an app
>then pick device
>then press whatever function i want

>ironically hating on justine
>beautiful smart girl
>no flaws
>makes fun videos
>likes tech

why hate on her?

Congrats you discovered that new iPhones have waterproof capabilities, something android phones added as early as 2013.

Now, you can make next thread about dual sim functionality in iPhone , in which Android surely lags (Android OEM-s started adopting dual sim in 2012, but not in a Apple way, so that doesn't count).

why not cat s61 user?

Attached: https---blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com-uploads-card-image-829119-5ad2f87b-a2b5-4e51-9758- (1200x675, 112K)

maximum overautism

you already made a similar post cuck

Just one more thing, now our mindless apple fans will shift their own goalposts and shill on Jow Forums. And they'll do it all for free.

>apple tv
why do you hate yourself?

>supporting people who make money off their looks by pandering to normalfags
Lol

>implying it isn't the tech reviews

I've literally filmed myself jumping in my pool and going underwater with my S9+.

You're retarded and haven't made a valid argument. My AC is high on the wall and the whole fucking point of remotes is to not have to walk to the device you're controlling. So I guess you're as fat as you think I am.
>non-American has Apple TV
Doubt it. Apple is only thought of as a good company in US.

Exactly? I don't want to have 10 fucking remotes and I always have my phone with me so no matter where I go I can use any supported device.

>0 arguments
The point of "smart"phones is to have as many features as possible. Removing them and screaming "not everyone uses this" is as retarded as removing SIM cards or Bluetooth from every device. Which is exactly why Apple devices can't be considered "smart".

I dont have a pool and I fucking hate swimming

>Exactly? I don't want to have 10 fucking remotes and I always have my phone with me so no matter where I go I can use any supported device.

>10 remotes
>1 for tv
>1 for media player/streaming service if tv doesn't have the app
>1 for AC

AHHH so hard

>done for decades this way
>suddenly apps and more tapping is fine

How much time do you waste by unlocking your phone, opening the app menu, waiting for the animations to load, scroll to the command, tap on it a couple of times until you get the right temperature?
vs.
Pick up the remote, press/hold a button?

Why would I unnecessarily waste my phone's battery and wear off the physical button?

>Its another thread #21536 where iBaby realizes that the oh so innovative feature lasted iPhone had its something Poodroid phones had for years
Why do iDroids love getting BTFO in the same manner every year?

Attached: 1537645944925.png (714x800, 73K)

Imagine the smell of iJustines blacked, prolapsed balloon knot

Perfection takes time. Slapping shit together like on Android do doesn’t a good phone make. At least the better companies are trying to copy Apple. Sadly they’re more like cargo cult than actual design with purpose.