/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → → → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 71.jpg (444x444, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=boku no hero
nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=black clover
nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=Overlord III
raymond.cc/blog/easily-take-ownership-and-grant-full-control-permission-with-winownership/
clubfiatpunto.com/forum.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When someone calls me on whatsapp or messenger it only displays their name (if I have them in contacts) or number. Phone does not show their profile picture. How to fix this? Im using fucking iphone?

I'm experiencing incredible net slowdown. Getting half my internet speed. I should be getting ~16mbp/s but am getting 8. What the fuck do I do? Getting genuinely mad; has been about 2 days and cannot watch anime, I'm not throttled or anything

Attached: 1524555561051.gif (647x363, 650K)

Did anyone else use to switch linux distro every month or so when they were younger?

Anime is for paedos and developmentally stunted adults. Stop it.

lol yeah something like that. now it seems to be an annual change or something, although im liking manjaro quiet a bit. i still remember installing my first distro (ubuntu) on a school macbook, my schools it guy told me "ubuntu is shit" and i never used vanilla ubuntu again

>Streaming anime
You deserve this.

what stuff do I need to know to write my own operating system like terry? are there any books I can read or courses about this

Attached: download.png (211x239, 4K)

Is it worth upgrading from a standard SATA 840 EVO to a NVMe 970 EVO?
Would I feel the difference in normal everyday workloads?

Attached: ssd-970-evo_label_front-star-100755686-large.jpg (699x303, 21K)

I keep getting a stupid pop up every time I turn my computer on from Windows. It says "Your Windows license is about to expire" and blah blah. But then in the settings it shows Windows is activated and there is no expiration date.

What the fuck? How do I get rid of the warning?

maybe you need to give some more info instead of asking the exact same question and suddenly expect an answer

can you change css of the whole page? if so, put a selector in your stylesheet with border-style: dashed to check if it works

But making an image would allow me to take ownership on the clonned files in the image and back them up from there correct?

Is there a FREE (as in freedom) epub reader with night mode?

Again, imaging wouldn't change the permissions.

Also is there a way I can check if the ssd was damaged
Like hooking it up to another pc using adapter is there anything I can run

>8Mbps
>cannot watch anime
I'm doing it just fine with 6.4Mbps.
Also give some more infos. What OS? Wifi or ethernet? How do you know you're ISP isn't fucking you over?

Is there a price/comparison site for just UK/EU? I have a Swedish and Norwegian one and there's Newegg for Americans but can't find a good one for EU. PCPP are shills for expensive stores.

no

So now if you kill explorer in Windows 10, you can't actually restart it by starting the process?

What the fuck is microshit thinking.

SOEMTHING LIKE CAMELCAMELCAMEL OR STATICICE?

pls respond

>cannot watch anime

I thought only people on /b/ & /v/ streamed anime but I guess I was mistaken. Don't tell me you're paying Crunchyroll as well, who keeps almost the entire profit and started out by stealing subs from fansubbers and having people pay for them?

I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what you mean
Are you saying that as a good thing or bad thing
I could access the files in the image right?

Yeah, like camelcamelcamel but including entire EU and not just amazon in UK.

Something along these lines prisjakt.nu (just search for hardware and you'll see how it works)

There is no difference between the files being in an image, or still sitting on your hard drive. It does not add/remove/change your file permissions in any way.

Depending on what imaging program you are using, you won't be able to access ANY files in an image, as not all programs support browsing within an image.

How do I turn off noise cancellation in Android? I fell for the ANC meme and it sounds like shit in my phone. Is there any app that allows me to disable noise cancellation?

>What OS
Windows 10. My ISP clocked us over like last week, and it used to work fine before.
>don't tell me you pay for anime too
I don't pay for CR. I use a different service, but that was before I realized how shit they were and will probably cancel.

Well fuck
So linux usb is my only hope?
Which one is the most noob friendly

Attached: upset.png (225x234, 85K)

Or you can just take ownership. Depends on what you would find easier.

This is the cutest OP girl I've seen.

redpill me on amazon kindle

I'm going to buy one used, cannot test it but the seller said that he got it as a gadget in some convention in china

are fake kindles a thing? or there are region specific versions? anything that I should know?

the model appear to be a first gen touch

any help will be much appreciated

So what would be the consequences be of doing that

OH BLOODLY FUCKING SHIT WHY THIS KEYBOARD DOUBLESPACED EVERYTHING

What's the best way to sync audio between my PC and my android phone?

I got myself a bluetooth headset that doesn't work on my desktop PC, but works on my phone. So I'm thinking of outputting audio from the PC to the headset through the phone, and that should be somewhat simple. Getting the microphone to input back might be a bit more annoying.

If you try to boot from that install again windows may not work.

Crunchyroll owns licensing rights for almost all anime worth watching most seasons.

So the only thing we can do is get from Horriblesubs.

Why not just skip that and pay CR?

If there were any dedicated subgroups, I'd download from them, but there isn't, and who can blame people? It's a thankless job.

Also, I don't pay for CR myself, just don't see why it matters if people do. There's no one else subbing anime at the moment at the speed of CR.

nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=boku no hero
nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=black clover
nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=Overlord III

Seems hypocritical when CR is a business paying employees to sub their shows, and everyone else is leeching off of them.

fansubbing is dead

>can't test it
unless it's gonna be shipped to you then I call bullshit on the seller

If your computer is dead and you're not going to boot that drive again then it doesn't matter. No need to preserve the old permission structure. Mainly it just take a while if you're trying to do the whole drive. You can do it manually or use a tool like #1

raymond.cc/blog/easily-take-ownership-and-grant-full-control-permission-with-winownership/

Moon reader
thank me later

Suddenly a forum that I use to visit doesn't load the threads. It loads the home page but not the threads. When I try to open the threads in Edge it shows "Error HTTP 500".

It is a problem with the forum or it is something from me?

What to I use to write C code? I haven't done it since hs.

gib forum

vim, codeblocks

fuck off CR shill

Can open cbz files?

It's not for Windows.

]clubfiatpunto.com/forum.php

you forgot to remove your spoiler bracket... sites dead btw

Apologies for the retarded question but I am really trying to understand how to use Arch effectively and safely in general and I dont have the greatest experience of linux outside of fedora and ubuntu, how do I properly install a file I download as a user from the internet (e.g. skype or steam)? They come as RPM or DEB files so do I have to install a package installer specifically for those file types or is there a different way I can install it without relying on them? Im getting confused because it seems like everything i downloaded with pacman is just for root shit and I want to use my ~/ space so I feel pretty confused and retarded

Shit meant to write this in

So it's a problem with their server, right?

what's this?

no, just you and me

Does VA also have that cloudy shimmer on top of the image in darker conditions like IPS?
Any personal experiences with both?

Can anyone help my with my lab to do with basic
Linux directory / file permission?
I have two shared folders for two groups first year and second year and then another account for the lectures group

I require firstyear share group to only have read permission
Secondyear share gorups is allowed full permission
Lectures allows for full permissions for both shares

so do I set firstyear with 557
then second year with 775?

>Trying to install Win10, using Ubunut 18.04 now.

I made a Windows 10 usb in Ubuntu 18.04 using WoeUSB. When I boot from USB the HP logo and loading dots appear. Then after a few seconds the laptop shuts down. What's the problem? What to do?

Brainlet here, I'm building a new PC and the only things salvageable from my current rig are the power source, hard drive, case, and maybe graphics card. I was wondering if there's a way to wipe the drive while keeping Windows 7. Also way out of the loop on hardware so if someone could point me in the right direction to find some decent, compatible parts totaling in the $600 range I would really appreciate it.

why aren't you using pacman/yaourt? just about anything you want if it's not in the official repo it's in the user repo

Bumb

just do a reinstall of windows

qutebrowser will not save my 4chanx configuration. Every time I restart the browser, and open a Jow Forums page, the 4chanx popup with the settings appears, and no settings save. What do I need to do to get it to save?

Just a pain in the ass because i don't have a laptop to middle man on, oh well might as well bite the bullet and upgrade to Win10 anyways.

Getting this error randomly across the internet.
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
How would i begin to resolve this, its such a generic response.

what do you need a "middleman" pc for?

You just need a USB/CD

In uBlock Origin, what filter list should I be using?
Easylist break Jow Forums.
Is adguard better?

Do you use private browsing, or have local storage turned off?

Hello people, I live in Germany and I am looking for a good Smart TV up to 500€. According to a site that compares TVs the JVC LT-43V55LU was the best for that prince range, here the Amazon link
amazon.de/JVC-LT-43V55LU-Fernseher-Ultra-Triple/dp/B07DQ1NK5L
Now, my stupid question is, should I go for it or is there a better one? Thank you

Attached: 1444354141845.jpg (480x640, 29K)

I don't know what is going on but ever since installing i3 and later i3-gaps I suddenly need to hold my right click button instead of just clicking once and letting go.

Any way to change this back to what it used to be?

Attached: 1537798486690.jpg (768x1024, 158K)

I have no moral impetus to support CR when they started out as a ''fansubbing'' group that stole other groups' work, put it up on their site and charged people to watch stolen content. And the very reason fansubbing has gone down is due to CR translating pretty much everything now (with kinda meh translations and encoding), causing the demand for fansubs to drop. Theoretically, if CR was to disappear we would see the fansubbing community back to its height in like 2010-2011.

I can get wanting to support the industry, but CR only pays like 20k (afaik) for a license and a very small percentage to the creators when they make many millions every month. Not even a tenth of the profit goes to the creators so you'd help the industry more by buying a single BD from Japan than subbing to CR for an entire year.

So you get the same quality (and often better) by downloading, you'd help the industry more by buying stuff from Japan and the people running CR is an unscrupulous bunch not worth supporting. There's literally no logical reason to sub to CR.

I could also go on about them censoring shit, lying to their customers, actual shilling on Jow Forums and shitting up /a/ and only hiring a bunch of SJWs but that would be an entirely different rant that as well has nothing to do with Jow Forums.

Attached: 1311392922785.jpg (203x145, 41K)

Thats how its always been

so basically
>waaah, they stole from theives

Whats the benefit of a smart tv? Can you not get a tv box and have the same results?

It's because they get paid for stealing you absolute moron.

Which PDF reader does Jow Forums recommend? I've been using Fiefox for it but it seems kinda shit.

Honestly, no idea. Smart TVs are comfy, atleast for me. What tv box + TV would you recommend?

no, when they were "stealing" they did it for free. they get paid to legitimately license and sub anime. you're honor among thieves argument is bullshit and you know it

oh shit senpaitachi, i just unexpectedly got a job interview and need to learn java and c/c++ on a beginner level in two days
i have learned them in school but that was many years ago, pls anyone recommend me some good sources?

Attached: 1480952403975.jpg (1920x1282, 304K)

It does stay if I move away from the bar, what gives?

I don't think this is normal, are you sure?

Attached: qacr0jeegwm11.jpg (575x767, 67K)

i wouldnt, that was mostly a question out of curiosity. i don't have a tv (i dont have anything against tvs i just dont need one), but if i did id just get a chink one for cheap.

I want to buy a cheap Apple Mac Pro 4,1 with dual socket and 8 slots of RAM DDR3
Anything wrong with that machine? The ones with dual 1366

What I mind is paying for shit that others do better for free.

>2 days with no prior knowledge
I think the best solution is consuming 7 bottles of absinthe

dont you DARE use any torrent site at all, they all take donations/donation drives/premium features to support and pay their bills
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU USE A TORRENT SITE THEY ARE JUST STEALING FROM PEOPLE. YOU ARE BETTER OFF BUYING MUSIC FROM RIAA AND MOVIES FROM THE MPAA
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU GENERATE HITS ON A TORRENT SITE AND INCREASE ITS POPULARITY.
THEY MAKE MONEY FROM STEALING

Sumatra
Ritchie & Kernighan - The C Programming Language
Don't know about Java

what, a user agent spoofer?

and me!
just tell them that the forum is fucked and they can try solving it by pressing the 'rebuild index' button
couldn't find a useful CVE for the forum, so the admin has to do it himself

I don't.

I mean really that's true for anything

>i dont
>post advanced links from a weeb site
You're full of shit

Numbers confirm the truth.

Allow me to clarify, back in the fansubbing era (before they became legitimate) they stole other fansubbers' work, put it up on their site without asking or crediting them and locked it behind a paywall.

They were objectively worse than any fansub group out there and that they also have the fucking gall to criticize.

As said, it's illogical to want to support these bastards (unless you have very strange criteria for liking people), it's illogical to support them for the service (since you can get better for free) and it's illogical to support them for helping the anime industry (since you'd help more by buying from Japan like the rest of us).

So again, literally no logical reason to support CR.

Attached: DZVIgxLVoAEKCI0.jpg (1200x836, 83K)

That fixed it, thank you. Is there any way to have it not record history?

>>post advanced links from a weeb site
What the fuck are you talking about?

They told me over at /csg/ not to get a chink TV

>So again, literally no logical reason to support CR.
>download app
>sign in
>all my anime/settings is available on:
>tv
>console
>pc.
>phone
Convenience,one hub instead of the LITERAL internet, not having to wait for releases to drop(simulcast)

Good idea if you have money. I don't.

>nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=boku no hero
>nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=black clover
>nyaa.si/?f=2&c=1_2&q=Overlord III

I can be your sugardaddy

well, not exactly zero knowledge, but i am rusty af

thanks senpai, at least something :)

Not me you retard.

Why would you want that?