Bought a i7 3770k over 5 years ago

>bought a i7 3770k over 5 years ago
>4 core, 8 threads still running at 4.5ghz
>still basically plays any game effortlessly paired up with my 1080Ti

Is there any reason to upgrade if you just game and use regular desktop functions? Seriously if I'm not using rendering 3D programs, what is the point of getting a new CPU?

Attached: babe sexy boobs blonde.jpg (768x1024, 158K)

what do you expect anyone to say? "Oh since you're perfectly happy with what you have, you should spend $450 and get a new CPU and MOBO"

Yea

same but 4790k and 1070

Running a 2500k @ 4.4GHz,never felt the need to upgrade.

Before I bought my Threadripper I was playing modern AAA titles on a dual quad-core Xeon without HT, it was based on C2Q architecture, and I had an R9 290x in it. I was playing NuDOOM over 50fps ultra settings and even UT4 was playable with ultra settings.

The only reason I upgraded was the CPUs were the bottleneck with the R9 and I wanted NVMe bootable RAID native. If I wasn't gaming or doing 3D shit and just browsing the web like an NPC I'd still be on my old dual-core Athlon.

>nearly 2019
>being a corelet

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Name 1 task where you actually utilize your hardware close to its maximum potential.

>128gb of ram and it's not a server
Literally why

doesnt want to be a ramlet

I need to run multiple VMs.

Photoshop

Attached: 1536687116385.jpg (349x344, 22K)

why

>hes not a gamer
ahahah

It's classified information and if I tell you I will get raped :(

w-where's your name, Yuliya??

>I'm perfectly happy with what I have right now
>Should I upgrade?
consumerism, ladies and gentlemen.

Encoding anime.

I have the 3770 and I'm about to get the 8700. I need more power for encoding shit

I have one but I'll use it until it dies out because I only play games on my PC. Glad I didn't fall for the "i5 is all you need for games" meme.

>tfw I'm on a 3770k with a GTX680 and about to upgrade to a Threadripper 2950x and RTX2080TI

Attached: 1493897416313.jpg (458x451, 18K)

He's using it to run Google chrome, silly.

What do you mean?

THOT

Stop stealing my waifu's screenshots

nvme, usb3.1gen2, type-c, lower mb and ram power consumption, better integrated audio and network chips
Just small stuff mostly.

Video montage? Photoshop? Show off? Stole Terry's PC?

We had a server in college with 128GB of RAM that i installed 32bit 7 on first to shit post on here. Got lots of (you)'s

It's my screenshot.

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 2.25M)

i love you :3

>nearly 2020
>using an obsolete OS

It has support until 2026 and it works on my PC better than Winblows 10.

There is none. You only need to upgrade if you're doing productivity tasks

>2026
LMAO
Paid updates after 2020.
Keep crying

Simplix Update Pack
WSUS Offline

russian botnet

Retard.

>uses a russian botnet to keep his obsolete OS updated
>calls me a retard
ok lmao

Simplix is from Ukraine you retard.

>Photoshop
PS runs just fine even on 16.
128 for PS = getting kiked this hard

oops sorry
>uses an ukranian botnet to keep his obsolete OS updated
>calls me a retard
ok lmao

I get where you're coming from. Intel has been sitting on their ass for so long that it took AMD surpassing them before we started seeing any technological improvements in the CPU markets. Moore's law is dead

2600k w/ 1080 Ti here as well. Think I am going to keep this for couple of years.

Attached: Capture.png (403x402, 17K)

What the likelyhood of 3600x finally catching up to 8700k in terms of performance in games?

you should wait for 7nm threadripper

If you are not sure if an upgrade is necessary, then no, no you do not need to upgrade.

I plan to upgrade my old system to a new ryzen system. How hard and successful is it to take my old windows 7 HHD, remove drivers specific to my current motherboard, pc etc. And then slap it into a ryzen system and install the motherboard, cpu and so on drivers?

the windows copy will be invalid if you change your hardware

>invalid
Invalid in what way? It will need cracking to remove the reminder or it wont run at all, or what?

it'll count as a non-genuine copy
not sure what that includes though

fucking hell, guess I have to inject drivers and shit. Is USB3 the only thing I need?

12nm zen+/Zen 7nm is the same tho its Zen 2 that's worth waiting for
Overkill just get a 2700x and gtx 1080ti much cheaper

>deleted
Fuck. I haven't saved it. ;_;

there is not zen+ 7nm.
zen2 will be 7nm.

Oic
Well I have a 1080 and 2700x and it do well at 1080p or higher
Don't fuck with a 2080ti unless u want 4k+ 60fps+ but the gpu is still a limiting factor if your also just gaming a threadripper is kinda a waste unless your doing something else besides videogames

just for you, fren
found it on an external archive
try it next time

Attached: tmp.jpg (768x1024, 158K)

Thanks, broski.

dem hips

And you would've said the same with a i7-2600k.

>i7 2700k
>don't over clock, so kept boxed fan
>fine for the most part
>this year got 1070 gpu
>suddenly have trouble with high as fuck temps when having 500+ tabs open in firefox and playing games
>get a new, proper, fan
>old thermal past literally dust and easy to remove
>now have to enter bios 2/3rds of the time while booting since the fan does such a low rpm that the bios thinks it's broken

technology is hard

Attached: 1376827408561.gif (211x200, 1.87M)

delid this!

I have the same CPU -- actually kinda annoyed that there's no valid reason for me to upgrade to a new Ryzen system (or anything else).

>tfw crappy 8350 rig still doing aite.