Turn 30

>turn 30
>stop getting put on hard or interesting projects
>intern calls me old man
>boss pulls me aside and says I need to transfer to management or I'll be let go within a year or two
Why does no one want old programmers?

Attached: 1461936070266.png (542x602, 43K)

You have to pay them more for something you can get by paying less to a fresh graduate.
Did you think your "experience" mattered?

Management sounds comfy

fuck.. your gonna make me cry user.. i had such big hopes for cs and programming..

Excatly
Toss away who Need more money

Its great and comfy if your a total fucking looser.

Pajeet is cheaper to hire and does a better job.

What if I'm tight? All you do is talk to people and make sure deadlines are met

stick it out and then sue them for age discrimination. go take another job where you're treated better or just work on personal projects with all of your settlement

>working for shitty management that can't read the people they manage
I work with plenty of old programmers. I'm one of the youngest at almost 30.

Some people are great programmers and hate managing others. There's absolutely no reason to move them to management. You don't have to pay them any more than a new guy straight out of college when you take their productivity into account. Someone who has worked for a few decades programming and has also kept up their skills is much more productive than a guy straight out of college. Especially if they're already there and have a deep understanding of the codebase. If you need a manager at that point just hire some hotshot guy with a management degree out of college at that point and pay them less than the programmer if money is tight.

Some managers also develop massive ego issues if their underlings make more money than they make while that shouldn't be an issue in real life. In the end most middle managers are glorified assistants who make sure that the people who actually do the work don't have to spend all their day doing paperwork.

Obviously there are also the guys who have worked for 20 years and haven't learned anything new since college but are still expecting senior level salary. But you should just kick those out instead of moving them to management. They'll make just as bad managers as they make programmers.

Yeah, that's boring. Don't you want to program and maybe, just maybe be the force that actually changes something.
Its a miserable job and in the end you don't get any actually useful skills.

Don't all treat everyone this way? If you are too expensive, you get kicked out..

Simple.
Older humans can't learn as efficiently as young humans.
Considering how often today's technologies change, it makes more sense to employ young developers who can still quickly adapt, rather than old developers whose brains are already filled to the brim with irrelevant knowledge of the technologies of 10 years ago.

stop. please.. no more..

Attached: 9cfd1b2838c51c4827de7a9409009b1d.png (420x420, 335K)

The more things change the more the stay the same.

You will learn this as you grow older. Regardless elite consultancy type companies have very experienced and older programmers that earn a six figures easy. Then again why remain a code monkey and you can direct many code monkeys to implement your architecture and designs.

>Finally learned how to be a respectable human being and got my computer education at age of 26.
G-guys, there's still a chance for me, right? I can always tell that I was successful as an academic writer, can't it? (that's truth, honestly)

no, honestly if you haven't been a tech geek your entire like you'll get passed up

This, basically. Guys that get it either go into management or consulting. Both are more money. Both ideally require you to know how to work within a corporation.

Your memory is full with irrelevant, legacy knowledge nobody wants to pay you for anymore.
You never bothered to learn some timeless technology, like C or C++ that you could now use as an experiences senior developer that maintains boring, but all-important software in some huge, yet boring company.
There's nothing you can do about that anymore.
Your life is fucked.
Everything is fucked.
Your dreams to one day be a rich and successful senior software developer are fucked.
Your friends earn more than you.
Even the ones with shit jobs you used to laugh at.
It's hopeless.

you aren't that old, and this probably isn't even what happened. this is just what you FEEL like happened, and you're projecting your insecurities on all of us. if your current job isn't treating you well and you wanna leave, do it. does management pay well, and is it less work? if so, why not just take it and work on learning skills that'll get you a new job? there are 45 year olds that are more youthful than you, idiot

There are plenty of them, but when you act like a fucking retarded tool and post made up stupid stories like that you won't find a job to see it for yourself.

>Know a guy who had this exact thing happen
>The powers that be trying to phase him because to them, his 10 years of experience for $90k per year was breaking their bank
>They didn't know his code and scripts was what was keeping their shit working nicely
>He gets laid off, not a big deal. His house and everything is all paid up
>He sat on unemployment and played WoW for 5 months before he got a call from his old job
>The H1B holders they hired had fucked everything up, they'd lost 3 clients that month alone, constant outages and down time
>Ask what it would take to get him back
>He jokingly said he wants $150k a year, company car, and can work from home
>They agree to everything
>Hfw management doesn't even look at Him funny anymore.

Attached: 1523179256510.png (560x546, 104K)

If you're not a millionaire by 30, you've failed.

Attached: 7697EA0F-B738-4987-BB30-80CE85F3A6D5.jpg (202x250, 32K)

christ.. there is too much truth.... enough.. i beg you.. enough..

Attached: 1426451592482.jpg (597x519, 13K)

No it's not, I implied that you have friends.

>cheaper to hire
generally true
>does a better job
generally false. poo in loo.

thank you, you restored some peace to a cs student

Attached: 22qjkcKD9p-4.png (300x250, 34K)

Nice

Attached: 1520285985802m.jpg (1024x917, 81K)

based user

>tfw when already 21

its beautiful, but its too good to be true

Attached: 5ac9d2d33e9b403c801566d0efa2d0ed.jpg (250x242, 9K)

You're an idiot. Inexperienced professionals (in any field) have to learn everything from scratch.

Experienced professionals only have to keep pace with the new stuff, as and when it changes. That more than makes up for any bullshit raw brain power reduction you might think exists.

The trick is actually staying motivated to keep up to date.

>tfw when already 22 and soon 23

some inspiring stories are not true
but they could inspire people to do their best

thank you, it actually means a lot

Attached: 1537701698091.png (850x907, 473K)

tfw

Attached: crying pepe.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Hey man, turn to your boss and say to him: "No! YOU are going to managment!"

you are too expensive and not black, female or tranny enough I guess. fucking assholes.

your right, most books are made up, but the characters and the stories motivate and inspire to do good

ahahah literally a dream scenario
sure made me smile

>Not saying that to your boss
Found another cuck boys

This happens more than is talked about. It's why you never burn your bridges when you're cut loose. I've had to return to so many projects after I was farmed out to cheaper devs it's not even funny.
Domain knowledge cannot be replaced with more developers.

fuck off zoomer.

The Redpill is hard to swallow
But it's better than the Black Pill

Attached: wageslave vs neet.png (500x463, 102K)

Attached: 30 yo boomer.png (750x1113, 1.21M)

thanks user, I'll keep that in mind

Attached: GzObZjtvauc.jpg (595x636, 42K)

why?

Attached: wPsDEge7cKw.jpg (480x477, 34K)

>be 34
>people call me kid
What is even happening.

Attached: Fortnite_Zoomer_dance.gif (931x682, 426K)

The guy who taught me programming as an intern was 64 years old. He patiently guided me through the basics and explained the underlying concepts in detail. Whenever I had a question, he would answer in a helpful manner. When I understood the basics he created challenges for me and let me write my programs to solve the problems at hand. Afterward we would sit down and through the source code and discuss my approach. He offered alternative solutions and taught me about different algorithms. Then I would rewrite parts of the software with my new insights.
Later he got me involved in existing projects in the company and I could test my knowledge in the field. He retired this year. As I am writing this, I am starting to miss him very much. We need more guys like him.

We developed SAP applications, so I guess this is another story compared to web dev, for example.

/blog

I'm going to graduate with a call degree at 30 years old. guess I'm going to start searching for helium vendors.

your post reminds me of this doujin's opening

Attached: chibiusa_003.jpg (1280x1804, 389K)

>making your js webshit lightweight using helium

Attached: 1505838998258.png (900x968, 468K)

Attached: chibiusa_004.jpg (1280x1814, 546K)

Attached: 1706EFF2-9854-4B60-8486-8F41D19B62CE.gif (284x264, 69K)

Attached: zoomer.gif (652x562, 626K)

Boo-hoo, cut the bullshit, I personally know one dude who got himself in IT at 30 yo, as a fucking junior. And why you arent wanna go for a senior position? You think every company wants a bunch of young freshman who dont understand all the details of work? They better hire some pajit-boys for food then.
Also dont listen people here - they all around 20s - hot stupid shits

Attached: 1530339624569.jpg (400x465, 29K)

Attached: boomer dancing.gif (467x398, 70K)

:)

>be 35
>get stuck trying to maintain giant unmaintainable legacy projects
>older developers burning out and switching projects
>new developers hired at a desperate pace

>I personally know one dude who got himself in IT at 30 yo, as a fucking junior
I'm about to do the same thing. Because my current dead end job pays the same, while having no growth perspective at all.

>switching projects
and by that I mean switching jobs
because being stuck on a gigantic piece of fat bloated software that you can legally fuck in most jurisdictions is not fun

Because they're expensive

Hello fellow boomer!

Isn't management a good job?

I don't understand this at all, OP. I'm a software developer who just turned 31, just got promoted to senior developer, and generally take on the hardest and most interesting projects, requiring the most expertise and business knowledge.

Are you really bad at software development? Could that be it? Because otherwise your career should be going the exact opposite way of what you're describing.

>2012 gradyatebfrom high school
>2013 go to community college and take some cs classes
>get a+ certified
>start to study for more certs but Dad forced me to get a job but I was not mentally ready for a job and school together so I stupidly chose to go to work full time at Foodmaxx
>drop out of college
>do various jobs
>2015 make girlfriend
>girlfriend gets pregnant in 2016 and I decide to spend all of the $20k I saved for trade school for HVAC/R
>finish trade school and work for a company in San Francisco
>accident happens that floods a high rise building on market st and the building engineers blame it on me so I lose my job
>get a job at ICEE making $20 an hour with drive time too
>flexible schedule to start when I want
>I do the reverse osmosis/ water softeners and the nitrogen refrigerators for Starbucks under contract
>I’m happy with the work I do
>as much OT as I want and I get a yearly negotiable raise
>get to come home to my daughter and play with her

I’m happy with how life worked out and I think I’d be a desperadoes asshole if I would have continued my studies

>tfw 25 and going to Uni to do compsci next year
>will do year in industry so I'll be 30 by the time I finish
>see this thread

Attached: 1430733578422.jpg (456x320, 31K)

>maintain giant unmaintainable legacy projects

Thank God I've never had to do this, but I have replaced two legacy systems from customers who were forced to upgrade against their will. The spec and answer to every question was "I want it exactly like the old system"

When I pointed out the bugs and showed that document approval flows would get confused if multiple documents were in the same stage, they said the same thing.

Today I would have ignored them and silently fixed the bugs while simplifying the code, but back then I was pretty new and dutifully spent days adding all the bugs back in.

liked and subscribed

>Older humans can't learn as efficiently as young humans
That's really just false
for example I've read somewhere that older people learn languages easier than younger people and kids.

Not to mention older people are more likely to have drive and focus compared to young people.

Save the effort and just buy Bitcoin with the money instead.

>for example I've read somewhere that older people learn languages easier than younger people and kids.

That's just patently false. You should stop reading clickbait popsci articles, user.

It's too fucking late for crypto mate

kek, management is the way to go. No one wants 40 year old programmers, they are super expensive. And management is the only way to progress your career.

Not quite.

Kids learn pronunciation more easily
Adults learn grammar more easily

Kids learn daily words & slangs more easily
Adults learn academical & technical words more easily

crabs in a pot. neckbearded incels want to keep you behind so they feel better about their own failures && to justify that Bernie 2016 sticker they still have on their bumper

Not sure about that. My little cousin went to Dubai when she was 6 year old. In one year learned english and has british accent, god know how.
Her grammar is actually perfect

Oh I'm doing it anyway m80 don't worry, really excited for it too.

glad to hear it lad keep up the good work

Thanks you too

A 50+yo Tranny SJW can keep a Tech Job more easily than a White 30yo cismale boomer

Attached: CoC cory sjw tranny.jpg (360x360, 12K)

We can always pretend this happened.

Here is the solution OP, "transition" and claim your place of work is oppressing and discriminating you, also they are ableist pigs. The weapons are right there, use them.

Its way too late to transition.
The fad will die in a decade and by that time all the people that would have cared will be dead.

I better keep my dick and believe i'll have a son someday.

It's funny because all these people that 'transitioned' will grow out of the stupid phase in a few years and massively regret their decisions

based and redpilled
jim keller style
shitwrecker™

I got outsourced from my old gig but I told them at the time that they had no concept of the magnitude of the mistake they were making - and that when (not if) they call me in a few months, I plan to not be available.

This is precisely what happened. I already had a new position. But they offered more than 50% what I was previously making.

What a fucking closed-minded and subjective opinion stated as a fact.

>he doesn't realize MtF are so committed they literally cut off their dick

How's HVAC?
That's like me but with Plumbing (no job, still in school)

sauce? there are a lot of chibiusa's dojins

This is why you don't write documentation.

user, you fool. Take the management job. The increase in pay will give your more freedom furthermore since you will be less fatigued when going home you can improve on yourself. Or just take supplementary UNI courses if you really want to improve on your programming.

>working for a company that shitty
My uncle just got hired at a new job in San Francisco at fucking 67 with years of whitepsace on his resume(he has enough savings to retire, he just wanted to work again), doing some sort of CS shit I dont understand. He got the job because of 40+ years of experience, and the fact that he is a social butterfly mega boomer. Stop being a whiny faggot and fucking get another job then quit. It should be easy, providing you have an actual CS degree with a decent GPA and portfolio and arent just another "programmer" from a boot camp or community college. If the latter is the case then you should have roped yourself years ago, sorry to break it to you.

I remember now, he is doing consulting, I'm btw

average dev age is 45 where I work
i'm the youngest
I think yall lying

(C85) [JACK-POT (Jyura)] Chibiusa (●) ~Enjo Kousai Hen~ (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)

chibiusa doing enkou for some old men.
wasting her money on handsome gyaru-oh.
surprise from her last customer.

COBOL programmers have job safety because younger ones won't touch it

Attached: chibiusa_006.jpg (1280x1814, 445K)

I amuse he went in there asked for the manager and gave him a firm handshake and got the job?

Attached: 1513017061014.jpg (1125x1594, 266K)