This is such a shit and overrated framework...

This is such a shit and overrated framework. The only reason it's popular is because of lazy assholes who think Python is great for everything.

The GCBV are absolute garbage with variable and function declarations from superclasses impossible to find unless you go to ccbv.co.uk.

You are stuck with using an ORM, which can be counter intuitive for a lot of cases. If you already know SQL you still have to learn their shitty ORM syntax which just slows down performance compared to raq SQL.

Python is an inherently bad language for everything that is not a script due to being a dynamic language. For bigger projects it can be an absolute nightmare to detect errors.

Django is slow as fuck, and it's just awful for real time apps like streaming apps or chat apps.

I have no idea how this piece of garbage got so popular.

Attached: django-logo.gif (800x433, 64K)

Idk man, I just use Flask and it works fine.

Show me your projects

Wrong

>If you already know SQL you still have to learn their shitty ORM syntax which just slows down performance compared to raq SQL
You don't need to use their ORM

>For bigger projects it can be an absolute nightmare to detect errors.
Not from my personal experience

>I have no idea how this piece of garbage got so popular.
Because it werks and is good. In webdev, you only need to make sure you can handle all requests, and send everything back quickly. A basic django app will do that

Everything is customizable, I hate its forms so I don't use them

The only reason people use it is because node is even worse.

python is great for everything!
instead of bitching, go and learn to code!

This

>nodejs
Massive mess

>PHP
The language itself and how it builds html is unmaintainable which is why large companies moves off it

>Java/C#
Can be very good but very verbose. 90% of the time, Python's performance suffices because it will still take mere milliseconds to serve the request. The true bottleneck is at the network layer

You still have to use an ORM.

Wrong. Some projects in companies I've worked for, have SQLAlchemy substituted, and sprinklings or raw SQL, or simply have no db

Python is a meme. JS/node is based & redpilled

The verbosity of Java and C# is actually good for big projects. There is a reason why Python is not used for big enterprise projects. You need static typing.

Not really in webdev. Because of the modularity of a webdev project, it can be huge and static typing will still not matter, because you don't need to declare the sizes of your variables, when the performance bottleneck is not really translating a request to a response.

If you're talking about needing static typing in the maintainbility sense, then you haven't used python in a large project, so you don't know what you're talking about

Why use Django if you use raw SQL? Do you know how much tweaking you have to do to make it work? Django is built around its ORM.

>Django is built around its ORM.
Not really. There are loads of moving parts.

You can use forms without model forms, eg the angular-based 3rd party forms

You can use views without objects easily

You can do REST-based apis without objects due to the nature of serializers being able to do anything

You can manage objects declared like you'd do in SQLAlchemy and perform objerations that way instead of the ORM way

Personally, I use Django for the security, rather than the need for ORM

>objerations
operations*

You don't really need to do any tweaking

>JS
Fuck outta here, nigger

JS is no worse than Python

Is there any point in learning django for my small hobby projects instead of just using Flask?

Not sure how you did it, but every line you wrote is wrong, congrats.

personally I find that frameworks like rails and django put you in a bad spot. Either they are serious overkill and you should use a smaller library or you need to go above and beyond and build something completely custom. Django is utter fucking trash if you need a highly scalable app with a lot of threads. Don't fucking write a websocket server in python. Just don't. I switched to writing Go because it has basically every single HTTP library you could possibly need and they are written by companies like Google and Cloudflare. inb4 muh generics.

Fanboy detected. How's that shitty slow bloated framework working out for you?

Working out pretty good. But nm there is one line where OP is right, class based views suck ass so I don't use them.