So sick of this bullshit. Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem but hoping it would be okay for me...

So sick of this bullshit. Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem but hoping it would be okay for me. Within the first week my spacebar starts jamming up / being unresponsive. So I buy compressed air and order a keyboard cover. Cover arrives today and it's fucking bent on the corner, forcing me to tape it down and get them to send me a new one. I was thinking of returning this for a ThinkPad but I was past the return date.

>TL;DR I'm going to KMS because of shillbook pro butterfly fuckboards

Attached: IMG_20180924_1542543.jpg (4056x2704, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol just buy a new one, what are you, poor? lol

Attached: 1537200203168.gif (355x270, 990K)

>Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem.

Attached: rökpepe.jpg (420x420, 36K)

Attached: tumblr_o7p4tvImvj1soztyoo1_500.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Wanted it for iOS dev / bash term and Logic Pro, but fuck paying another 500 or so for the MemeBar(tm) model

>macshit
Found your problem.

>keyboard cover
...what?
is that really something iFaggots have to use to make their products actually survive being used?
what a joke

Are you fucking retarded? Apple has a 4 or 5 year fix policy for the keyboard now. Go bring it to the store and get it fixed rather than complaining like a retard.

It's a design flaw, they don't replace it with a new gen keyboard, just the same shit one. I'm not getting the topcase replaced every time a piece of crum gets under the keycap

not surprised with their intelligence

Attached: 1536042315266.gif (479x497, 509K)

Then maybe stop eating a whole fucking 5 course meal over your laptop? I have a 2016 15" rMBP that work has given me. I've never had this keyboard problem, and I've been using it for two years now.

I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist. But if it's supposedly happening so often to you that you can't be assed to bring it to the store, then you need to fix your computer habits.

>Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem but hoping it would be okay for me
fucking idiot

1. Always buy Applecare.
2. Don't eat over your keyboard like a slob.

YOU
SHOULD
HAVE
BOUGHT
THE
PIXELBOOK

Await Oct 9th. Good Things Are In The Works!

The surface is the new status symbol line of computers. Apple is a money pit.

Still, why buy one from their shit series? You can get older macs without the keyboard issues for less.

It's a $5 piece of rubber you buy to keep the keyboard from sanding down due to the oil on your skin which increases resale value by much more than that.

I didn't want to buy one that's already a couple years old, because in a few years time it would be antiquated. Even though this 2017 is a year old, it's still the newest non touch bar model :/

Yeah, I get that and I'm sorry about your space key but thuth is, you did kinda play yourself there mate.

Attached: hjälp.jpg (540x960, 40K)

ABSOLUTE state of appletoddlers

Attached: 1514418711997.jpg (319x320, 13K)

>buying macshit to begin with
lel

Yep, iFags are that retarded.

I could told you it was a huge fucking mistake. I'm still trying to sell my 2016 MBP that I already replaced with a thinkpad.

Will you miss any software from OSX though? That is my main reason for needing a mac. They make everything exclusive.

>This shitty product I bought that I knew was shitty turned out to be shitty, how could this have happened.
Not sure what to tell you user....

Just build a hackintosh, brainlet.

Peak Apple is behind us.

Say what you will about Steve Jobs but peak Apple died with him.

Amen.

>buying applel products
>ever
No sympathy, brah

>muh BEAk apel!!11

Attached: 1519490446324.jpg (400x291, 41K)

Why not just take it into a store and getting the keyboard replaced?

>I'm not happy he died but I'm glad he's gone.

If you bought a ghostcover, how could it have possibly been bent like that? It's in a very large box, unless your mailman just bends the everloving fuck out of your mail all day long.

I'm happy he died, and I'm glad he's gone/

Nah. Macs hold their resale value better than most chinkshit. You buy a case and keyboard cover so that you can sell it later and make back 50%+ of what you paid.

It's a Moshi cover. I have no idea how it's bent in this way, short of there being a problem when it was packaged...

>know about a massively widespread problem in the product
>buy the product with very high chance of getting a massively widespread problem
>notice the massively widespread problem appear in your product that is prone to having this massively widespread problem
>cry about getting a massively widespread problem in a product known to be prone to this massively widespread problem that you bought knowing full well about the massively widespread problem problem

Dang, that sucks man. Ghostcover packages their covers in a large cardboard sleeve. Not sure it could bend that way unless you were really trying to bend it.

apple.com/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/

You may be able to get it fixed for free tho.

Yes this company packaged it in a long cardboard too so i have no idea.

Also people seem to be confused, I got the spacebar back to normal, but I'm just frustrated at the incompetent design, making it so easy to stop keys from working. They just replace the keyboard with an identical one that is just as prone to things being lodged in it.

ah ok. I misunderstood the OP.

Yeah, the design is shit. The 2018 model has a rubber membrane that should help, but they really need to move to another design or something. There must be a way to maintain the thin profile but have a better keyboard.

Yup, the membrane is a decent solution I think. It wouldn't be a big deal if they would atleast replace people's old flawed keyboard with this new one.

Consider the following:

Attached: huawei_matebook_x_pro.jpg (960x540, 64K)

The Pros are a little out of the ballpark of what i'm willing to pay.

At the moment i'm hoping these rumours for an updated Air or larger Macbook are true.

>. Go bring it

>hoping for new apple shit
jesus christ, you're retarded

>webcam in the keyboard
To see your chins with my dear

hot take: nobody uses the fucking webcam

>getting Dorito dust all over your keyboard
you deserve it fuckin retard

funny thing is, you can get dorito dust for years, DECADES, over any other keyboard and it still works
could it be that he deserves it because he's a retarded macfag?

consider the following:

Attached: microsoft-surface-pro-2017.jpg (740x417, 22K)

> chink shit
Yep, that’s a yikes

My t440p Thinkpad does not have this problem.

This is going to sound stupid but did you get a receipt and is this within a year of the purchase date?

You know they give you a new one for free right?

Why the fuck didn’t you just buy 2018 one with condom?

should have got a thinkpad

apple is a poorfag brand now lmao

>I didn't want to buy one that's already a couple years old, because in a few years time it would be antiquated.
Silly user, Macbook's having improved in performance for five years.

I returned my 2017 MacBook Pro for a refurbished 2015 model and it was the best decision I could have made. Really liking the 2015 it seems like the final OK laptop Apple have made.

It was always a poorfag brand. It's the Lexus of computers, high end of the midrange market so poorfags think they're hot shit for being able to afford it.

>the final OK laptop Apple have made.

Attached: 1516708678894.png (636x727, 137K)

4 0 0

>chink shit
>better design
>better screen
>better display ratio
>better keyboard
>almost 2 times lighter
>smaller bezels
>better temps
>better performance
Did I miss anything? I suppose battery life is about same.
It may be chink but it still runs circles around your (((non-chink))) shillbook.

>applel isn't chinkshit
you can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it's still a pig

bp

>Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem
As an owner of a company, imagine the dream position your in when people will just mindlessly buy your shit even if they know it's crap.

You deserve everything you got and you know it

Attached: galactic homerkek.jpg (960x732, 132K)

Either get an older one or look into PC laptops that hackintosh well.

That's called being the leader of a cult.

I own that already. It's a piece of shit that tips over constantly.

>You're living wrong

>Blows stop sign, gets into accident. Complains that blowing stop signs gets you into accidents
>Hey maybe... not blow stop signs.
>You're living wrong

>Keeps piano in humid area. Constantly becomes untuned. Complains about have to pay someone [or do it yourself]
>Hey maybe... get a dehumidifier or move your piano
>You're living wrong

>Smoking indoors fucks up your walls, makes everything smelly, wrecks everything. Complains about how smoking ruins things
>Hey, maybe not smoke [indoors]
>You're living wrong

Don't be a retard and eat over your computer. Regardless of what make and model.

I have eaten over an aplel wireless cuqgic keyboard for 6 weeks straight. How does that make you feel?

one
trillion
dollars.

Attached: 1384321749253.png (867x806, 572K)

Confirmed for never have used one. 5 seconds with it and you know what you said is complete and utter bullshit.

apple is worse than chinkshit

what's the newest model without the problem? 2015? 2016?

>5 seconds with it and you know what you said is complete and utter bullshit.
Yeah because the first thing you do is go on amazon and buy a mini chalkboard type stand to fucking clip it to.

Filtered ;)

Literally can do all of that on my late 2013 macbook air and battery still lasts 9-12 hours. You got jewed, dumbass.

>Builds laptop that can't withstand basic things that it will be exposed to, which every other laptop on the market has no problem with
>Hey maybe... you designed it poorly
>You're making shitty machines

if you buy any laptop made past 2013, you deserve whatever happens to you.

look, after testing most laptop brands over the last few years, I'd say either buy Lenovo, Dell or Asus.
Apple is a joke. Nobody cares about what brand you use, you just need the best tool to do the work, and it's certainly not that brand.

This is an important point. Apple with Woz was a wonderland. Apple with Jobs was a force to be reckoned with.
You useless millennials and zoomers won't recall this, but Google used to be so goddamn good it became a verb. Brin and Page, before they had barely a scrap of money, made a great search engine that found exactly what you were looking for, and damn the consequences.
For all the talk of the Linux CoC and what it means, let's not forget that Linux is Linus. Through sheer force of will, Jobs made Apple relevant again. Through sheer brain power, Brin and Page made a search engine that spanned the Internet. Through sheer force of meritocracy, Linus created a Free kernel.

Individuals matter. Great men matter.

>look, after testing most laptop brands over the last few years, I'd say either buy Lenovo, Dell or Asus.
Post your testing results, or be a nigger shill.

Now Apple is just peak Capitalism. Just shows how fucking shitty the system is. If you redistributed all of Apple's wealth amongst the US, every adult would get $8000, enough for a lifetime of Xiaomi phones.

Kill yourself chink subhuman

t. iToddler

Why would you give Apple so much money.
Just look at what they've done legally within the last 10 years, you're helping them do that.

>fell for the Apple quality meme
I hope you learned your lesson.

fpbp

NOT CONDOM, RUBBER MEMBRANE!

I have 20 laptops and don't need to justify myself in front of insects. go fuck yourself.

Richard, is that you?

>Bought 2017 MBP knowing about the keyboard problem but hoping it would be okay for me.
lol

>20 laptops
For what purpose? Or are you one of those retarded Thinkpad collectors?

A fucking foil. Lol.

>enjoying being watched by slit-eyed commies

Apple is pretty much the worst choice year after year. They don't have any quality control meaning that every generation of every product category has some ridiculous flaw that shouldn't be there. You buy something and you have a huge chance of having to send it back and complain. People who know nothing about alternatives think it's the best brand because they have the nerve to price those subpar products so up.

If you have to get an Apple product for some status reason, get a tablet. Those things are so simple devices that even Apple can't fail with them (I think). I'm not saying they make the best tablets, I'm saying a tablet would be the safest option.

>at least 1/3rd of which is "invested" in intangible product in Ireland.