How long do your GPUs last Jow Forums? This old girl finally died running mtgo of all things. 7 years I had her

How long do your GPUs last Jow Forums? This old girl finally died running mtgo of all things. 7 years I had her.

F

Attached: 11200-07_HD7850DUAL-X_2GGDDR5_DP_HDMI_2DVI_PCIE_C02_634769042047100653.jpg (1000x645, 76K)

>How long do your GPUs last
Usually about 3 years before they either break or become obsolete

3 years damn....
this a good deal? $180USD

Attached: gpu.png (956x472, 382K)

Sapphire 7950 - 4 years, started to artifact at 3.5 years and a fan died I had to replace.

I never had a GPU fail on me.

If it's new, maybe but that's a reference card so it might have a shorter life due to the shit cooling capabilities.

Don't buy used GPU because miners fucking shit up

>blower
Add some on top of that and get a non-ref

This

alright fine bros I wont be a cheapskate

thanks Jow Forums!
Good deed done you can all weeb away the day guilt free!

Attached: 1221560477054.jpg (640x480, 95K)

XFX HD7870. Had it since 2012 but it died last month and took out my PSU as well.

F

Ditto

260 gtx died after a cross country plane ride in checked baggage, didn't do a good enough job of packing it i guess, 460 gtx developed some wierd tendency to bluescreen, no other cards have actually died on me

I have a radeon HD 5770 still working fine but I changed recently. It is from 2010, upgrade was long overdue

Dunno. I'm 22 and going through my first discrete GPU.

My gtx260 still works. I bought it in 2008. Slow and hot as hell though and has been since 5 yesrs ago. Good thing I quit gayming.

Damn, are you me? Got a 280x that I'll hopefully replace soon.

The only card I've had fail on me with a Radeon HD 4870, which lasted four years from 2009-2013. It was a shitty reference blower design that idled in the 70s, so it did well to last that long. I've owned 25-30 cards since then, so none have lasted very long. Haven't kept a card for more than a year since then.

6600GT lasted 3 years
X1950pro lasted 2 years
4890 lasted 4 years
GTX 560 from late 2011 in my dads computer died yesterday. He doesn't play vidya so it lasted long
I have a 7950 from 2013 and it's still alive. Maybe it's because the clockspeed is damn low for a 28nm chip
Hope my Vega 64 lasts at least 2 years

still running this gigabyte 7850 since it came out. not doing much gaming anymore, but im thinking about getting a 290

Attached: data.jpg (1920x1080, 402K)

My 8800GT is still working, I don't really use it for gaming anymore, mostly a HTPC right now. The copper heatsink pipes are starting to show the first signs of tarnish though.

Bought an EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified model at launch for the stupid price of $880. I play at 1080p and even when I get a 4k monitor, I'll be playing at 1080p. No reason to upgrade until it dies or can't do what I want.

depends if you are lucky.

MSI GTX 770 running since about 2013-14. Had to change the fans for ~$20 two months ago, but otherwise still a solid GPU for me, and will probably be for the next 2 years or so.

Still running strong, however, I just purchased a 1070.

Attached: GOAT.png (668x534, 59K)

>her
I wouldn't put my dick in it

Close your fucking tabs dude.

My 5750 still going strong

GTX 660
for years it just werks

Attached: 12313145515.png (1043x862, 83K)

>Haven't kept a card for more than a year since then.
The absolute state of ur life lmao

it's male to female transnigger

i paid for that 8gb of ram i need to utilise it

Yeah, having a bunch of graphics cards and currently sitting on a 1080 Ti and two RX 580s is a real hardship alright.

my asus 9800 gt still werks (the fan got loudy so i changed it for an cpu fan mounted with a wire to the heatsink.

Gtx 670 three way sli. All three still work. Put one on a backup pc and running two on main rig. Also running an xfx HD 6950 on a pc that's running a mobile cpu. All still work. Had to zip tie 2 80mm fans on the HD 6950 since the stock ones went bad.

My powercolor 7870LE still working in friend's PC

>it died last month and took out my PSU as well
How about you figure a causal relationship? Shitty PSUs often take out GPUs or motherboards when dying, not the other way.

GTX780 failed in front of my eyes after 4 years, full screen coloured artifacts then no display. No computer would boot with the card installed. Sold for £16

This, only the fans get rattling

So can we finally agree saphirre is the worst vendor for radeon GPUs?

How? I thought they were the best.

It's almost like only sapphire cards suffer from die detachment like nvidia cards.

My GTX 970 is about 4 years old now.
My old 7970 is 6 years old and is still goin in my backup system/media center. I still have my one 7900 GTX and 5870 sitting around. They still work but they are retired. The oldest card i still have in service is my ATI 3d rage from 1996 as part of a legacy gaymen machine.

Attached: 209.png (414x248, 82K)

Just a guess based on some risky, ill-advised behaviour on my part.
>Install a Twin Turbo III on the card for better temps and acoustics
>Works so well (56 degree load temps) that I try for a slight overclock in afterburner
>No problems for a year
>Last month, PC starts shutting down during moderate gaming loads
>Turn it on a couple of times, try running games with similar results
>Try underclocking GPU
>Stability achieved at the cost of severe performance penalty
>"Oh well, I think I can manage putting it back at factory specifications"
>GPU and PSU die on the second boot

The PSU was an Antec NeoEco 620c, essentially a rebadged Seasonic with an Antec fan. All the repeated shutdowns were probably the PSU's protection kicking in. That said, the whole system did endure a lightning strike that took out my motherboard and modem two years ago. Lightning hit so close that I swear I felt the house shake. Upon further consideration, it could have been either one.

Don't tell me this. That's my current GPU, had it since near release day. I was thinking it will never die

GTX 560 Ti lasted for 5 years, now I'm running an RX 470