Why does Jow Forums only allow webm videos to be uploaded when more than a quarter of the world is using browsers that...

Why does Jow Forums only allow webm videos to be uploaded when more than a quarter of the world is using browsers that don't support it? Meanwhile mp4/h264 is supported in browsers used by almost 90% of global users, and nearly 100% if you exclude 3rd worlders from india and africa.

Attached: webm vs mp4.png (2010x2193, 369K)

bump

Apple fags don't matter

The codex argument runs pretty deep user. Just know that webm, webm, ... are free to use codecs so no royalties but apple holds patents in some paid to use cods so they refuse to support anything except for their format that brings in shekels.

This.

If you are not using a Chromium browser you are doing it wrong.

>Chrome support
>Firefox support
I don't see the problem, anyone that matters is covered.

Could I get source on the charts?

what are the meaning of the colors in the bar?

It's literally just an ffmpeg compile flag. The better question is, why doesn't Jow Forums support anything other than old-and-busted vp8?

webm is a container, not a codec

works on FF, who cares about sheepbrowsers?

Webms are also bigger in file size than mp4, more for bandwidth, plus this is the obly website i know using them. It's probably because google is paying or paid to have it be the only format, to force people use the format because no one was because its stupid.

Seething iOS poster

You're retarded

The container has nothing to do with the final output size. You can achieve a better quality/size ratio with H264 than VP8, but that's about it.

caniuse.com

Jow Forums doesnt give a fuck about the retarded quarter of people

>VP8
but webm supports vp9, does this stinkhole not accept vp9 encoded videos?

Thanks.

How new?

Oh no.

Attached: scrot.png (1272x556, 24K)

poorfags btfo

>If you are not using a Chromium browser you are doing it wrong.
You mean Firefox with telemetry disabled.

spbp

Based and redpilled.

Moot is a jew and WEBM is a Jewish (Google) video format

speebestpee

Chromium was the first browser to get tabs right. You can prevent the gay Chrome ui update.

Firefox UI is still cancer, and always has been.

Who is moot?

>get tabs right
vertical tabs aren't supported though?

>more than a quarter don't
Which is to say, just under three quarters do. Get fucked.