Why do AMD CPUs show freezing temps when idle? I heard it's some weird "digital scale" or whatever

Why do AMD CPUs show freezing temps when idle? I heard it's some weird "digital scale" or whatever.
Explain this shit

Attached: freezing.jpg (293x153, 47K)

most software read amd's temps incorrectly. i think only ryzen master show them accurately.

>AMD CPUs
Worthless even as a thermometer. Should have bought an Intel.

Because AMD is cool and Intel is a firehazard.

>namefag attention whore
>retarded
checks out, you didn't get enough affection and attention from your parents most likely

You using an FX? Mine does that when I have Cool and Quiet on.

Yes, but it's been like that from day one

>Still using the most non-Jewish line of CPUs ever made
Based, that's normal for FX to do that shit, you can disable cool and quiet to make it not drop to ridiculous levels and then it will read like it should.

Attached: FXCPU_Die.jpg (2249x3119, 3.65M)

>Cool and Quiet
so it's working as intented

Yeah it'll drop to 1.4GHz with less than a volt but the 9C temps are not real, it's actually 20 something

It's like a digital "boost gauge"

Fuck off you stupid filthy whore.

AMD sensores are shit. Intel, Power, ARM and Sparc doens't have this problem.

Yeah Intel is fucking amazing at thermals with great sensors.

Attached: pic_disp.jpg (2560x1764, 320K)

Attached: 1491972340310.png (633x900, 162K)

Most of the CPU is dark, they use transistor gating to switch off most of the CPU core that isn't being used.

Intel does something similar, ARM as well.

I wish that were true, but the temp of the CPU could not possibly fall below ambient temp, there would be condensation dripping form where the CPU is and would short everything.

Bulldozer-based CPUs use some weird internal offset, which is actually not tied to your temperature. There seems to be no proper documentation on translating this to Celsius (Kelvin), even today.

Zen-based CPUs do not have this problem.

>t. The Usual Suspect

>what is offset

32 is freezing temps stop spreading fake news

It's the FX8350 spreading the fake news, family.

I love the FX chips but the temp sensor is fuckin wanky, definetly hotter than 10C in my house when I screenshotted that.

Attached: FX-8350 Speccy.png (683x534, 81K)

Because Ryzen is just that cool

That nigga's got a northbridge listed on the sensors, it's an FX chip, the thermometers are broken as fuck in it.

FX was pretty cool too

Mine only hits 58C at 4.4 on a Hyper T4 cooler, the house fire thing was a dumb meme.

>so obvious that it must be an AMD shill