Sup Jow Forumsuys

sup Jow Forumsuys
I am an autist who really wants to get an oldschool dumbphone with buttons.
I'm looking for one that's under $100 with
- calendar
- email
- mp3 player
- maps/gps maybe? but not essential
- If you can use any apps like discord with it that's a plus, but again not essential.

It's really the price and the buttons and aesthetic I like. What are some dumbphones that can do a lot but are still compact and have the oldschool keypad?
I'm leaning towards the nokia 6300 right now.
It has to work in the United States.
No concern about the carrier as I'm getting a new mobile plan as well.

Thanks for the help

Attached: a3637ac1-6640-443b-9cc9-db3a739d6605.png (416x875, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Nokia-TA-1067-2-45-inches-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07FSD86KD
makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-use-google-maps-on-your-basic-mobile-phone/
catphones.com/en_gb/cat-b35-mobile-phone/
cell2get.com/palm-one-treo-600-gsm-unlocked-p-728.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

>- mp3 player
Whichever you get, it MUST include 3.5mm jack. Don't settle with proprietary stuff, if it even exists anymore.

>email
forget about it
>mp3
most are gonna have a shitty mp3 player
>calendar
basic functionality, don't expect it to be particularly useful
>maps
nope
>3rd party apps
nope

Yup. The 6300 has the jack. I'm thinking of getting it but if there's anything better I want it.

bump

>oldschool dumbphone
>use any apps like discord
This guy, this fucking guy.

nokia 6300 has email. Probably just text emails with no file sharing, but again, I don't need that. I'm essentially downgrading but for the job I'm gonna have (EMT/paramedic) I won't need anything more than text emails on the go.

>tfw mom called me proudly how she purchased a new 3310.
>called me to set it up, Ofc I do.
>See it has a 3.5 jack.
>put 2 songs on it since it only has 32mb internal storage(does have an mSD card slot though)
>mffw it's audio output is way cleaner then my rn4

Attached: 1523567176094.png (808x805, 279K)

>dumbphone
>with apps
:^)

amazon.com/Nokia-TA-1067-2-45-inches-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07FSD86KD

Simple things, simply work.

makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-use-google-maps-on-your-basic-mobile-phone/

Hey, J2ME is a thing!

>August 4, 2009
>basic midlet that is not supported anymore
>extremely simple to implement

>Call phone dumb
>Phone can still do calculation faster than your bran

Nokia E71 or Kyocera DuraXV LTE.

>bran
Trying to come up with a joke but can't think of one, damn it.

The E71 looks like exactly what i want.
thanks.

Note that the E71 is a Symbian phone, so not exactly a dumbphone. Battery still lasts for days, though.

Nokia e6

Nokia made the 3310 for people like you. It's a modern dumbphone that has 3G so it gets good connection speed and won't be turned off soon (unlike 2G/Edge phones). Just make sure you get the 3G version.

3310 a shit and isn't any cheaper than the E71.

Just get a blackberry if you want a keypad, they're a lot more plentiful than Nokias

An E71 on Amazon is like $50 and is likely of higher quality.

I owned an LGMS450 until a few months ago. It cost only $25 and had almost everything you listed minus the 3.5mm jack. You could purchase apps through the service provider so GPS isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe get Nokia 8110(or is it 3110?). It's a 'smart' dumb phones which has KaiOS and all those features.

It has almost all the features that most modern smartphones have.

Attached: kaios.png (1401x881, 210K)

oooooooh buttons me likey

Attached: trzr9uzc1pm11.png (261x288, 22K)

Cat B35.
Will be for sale next month.

And if you are a pajeet you can even get old BB styled smartphones otherwise Nokia 3110 is your best choice. The OS is based on the now defunct Firefox OS project and apps are written using HTML5 technologies.

Attached: Reliance-JioPhone-2.jpg (300x400, 11K)

I remember finding out that phone fits perfectly inside tyour jean's little pocket. That was dope.

i want a nokia 5310 again desu :(

i would honesty buy the new 3310 as an MP3 player

Attached: glitchr_1477412516000.jpg (225x225, 13K)

2.5mm

catphones.com/en_gb/cat-b35-mobile-phone/

>battery lasts 'up to 12 hours'

uwotm8? Are they referring to 12 hours of calls?

Attached: layingPipe.jpg (425x639, 50K)

Nokia x series.
You can find it for cheap, maybe 20$

Yes, I was also surprised when I read it. It means calling. Copied from the net:

The 'highlight' feature of the Cat B35 is the durability. The phone can withstand water up to 1.2 meters up to 35 minutes, and the phone is made with the high-strength materials, so, the phone can survive drops up to 1.8 meters without any case or additional protection. The Cat B35 is also MIL-810G compliant so that it can withstand extreme temperature (cold, hot, saline, humidity, and vibration).

Coming back to the tech-specifications of the Cat B35, the smartphone has a 3.4-inch colored IPS LCD screen with scratch resistance glass protection offering QVGA resolution. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 205 dual is the processor the powers the Cat B35 with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB internal storage. The internal storage of the phone is expandable via a micro SD card slot.

Regarding connectivity, the device is now 4G LTE enabled, so, the device can be used with a 4G sim card with high-speed internet connectivity. The phone also offers other connectivity features like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Cat B35 has a 2300 mAh battery, which can last up to 12 hours on a single charge.

Lastly, the phone is based on KaiOS and comes with Google apps like Google Assistant, Google Maps, Google Search and YouTube. With the future software update, the company might also include support for Facebook, and Whatsapp.

Attached: CAT-B35-Front-Angle-4-576x1024.jpg (576x1024, 59K)

A 2300 mah battery with a 3.5" screen, a Snapdragon 205 and no IM has to last a lot.

Nokia n95 8GB

Looks fairly ideal. If I bought a new phone right now it'd probably be between that and the 8110, but probably the B35 just because I'd expect it to last longer. Pretty much had enough of smartphones because itsAllSoTiresome.jpg

Also a good option, just a PITA that nothing modern will run on it.

I bought this brand new for 12 euros, it has everything you need pretty much, but vibration doesn't work so ringing is fucking annoying and it doesnt support my 32 gb sd card and neither bluetooth nor usb cable works so I cant put my images on wallpaper and battery isn't great so overall I regret getting it. Get an old nokia if you sell drugs or only call your mom

Attached: IMG_20180925_190018(1).jpg (2592x4608, 481K)

N85 was the last ultimate Series 60 phone. Don't know if you can get one for under $100 though.

Attached: nokia-n85-full-1.jpg (600x504, 46K)

Does it have an Internet browser? I would occasionally want to log in to Twitter or read Jow Forums but not as easily as addictive smartphones

this, it's hardly a dumbphone
just old and unsupported, which means no recent "apps"

Attached: 61201731542PM_635_nokia_3310_front.jpg (635x476, 24K)

Samsung galaxy folder 2, but it needs a 3.5mm to micro USB adapter

Anything pictured here would be a good start but I can vouch for the Blu Tank II & the Samsung Evergreen

>Blu II has a neat flashlight & decent media player

>can play most songs & set them as either ringtone or alarm

>has an actual backdrop image that displays when not active similar to old windows XP screen savers

Attached: rsz_feature_phones.png (1024x948, 845K)

Nokia banana phone. It has KaiOS, so it differs from other dumbphones by that you can install some apps from different providers (for sure Google Apps, maybe Discord too).

I wish I could find a reliable way to install these on the phone's internal system but at this point samsung seemed really bent on having a closed system for fear of user's pirating software & putting virus on your phones that's it's impossible unless I could pay someone to hack the thing myself

Attached: java game collection.png (1480x754, 1.01M)

going backwards why not get an older Palm instead

cell2get.com/palm-one-treo-600-gsm-unlocked-p-728.html

Attached: Palm One Treo.jpg (640x640, 65K)

Is it practical to use a Blackberry Bold 9000 somewhat ironically?

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x475, 38K)

>practical

I'd use one just to see how other people would react to seeing something that's not apple or google these days

That's part of it for me. I have no self control and pick up my phone every 5 minutes and I'd like to dumphone to limit myself to SMS and maybe email + I have autist privacy paranoia. I like the circa 2008 blackberry business aesthetic

what's that?

Attached: even donny is freaked out.jpg (600x600, 397K)

>not the N95

really m8

Attached: Confused Mouse.png (372x497, 243K)

The JVC line of bluetooth headsets have a pretty good track record though assuming you can get it to work/pair with your software