/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones machimura_komori pantyhose seifuku.jpg (1000x1408, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qE22dZ_jiyU
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2005USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B007JX8O0Y
amazon.com/Adjustable-Microphone-Suspension-Broadcasting-Voice-Over/dp/B00DY1F2CS/
amazon.com/gp/product/B0002GXF8Q/
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones?mode=guest_open
banggood.com/PBT-87-Blank-White-Key-Caps-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-p-84084.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nLD5b22av3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=qE22dZ_jiyU

Is Zeos right? Are HD58X's basically just 660's at a third the price? Think I'll probably sell my HD6XX's for them if that's true.

>beats

I saw an MMCX BT adapter with aptX for $44, still not worth? Battery life is like 10 hours

No, stop asking.

Have my eye on the HE-500's. How do they compare to the 400i's?

I asked in the old thread just as the new one got posted faggot, no reason not to move it over as the other gets deserted.

They're very close (after the foam mod) but not technically the same. Close enough for most people though.

You ask in every thread.

..this is the first hpg I've been in for months

and hopefully the last

Soo uh...

What close headphone are good?

zmf eikon

Zeos is wrong. The HD 58X is superior.

Attached: hd 58x vs 660s.png (663x441, 40K)

Holy shit.

DT770

Can you guys recommend a PC mic? I won't do anything fancy with it, just chat. Is there a downside to getting one that sits on the desk?

Attached: 1533786616529.jpg (750x641, 42K)

We can, but we won't, because this is a thread about headphones.

There are mics mentioned in the sticky infographics so I figured since you guys hate gaming headsets so much that you would have a go to mic.

Brainwavz HM5, DT770, Custom One Pro.

>Is there a downside to getting one that sits on the desk?
Other than potentially getting in your way, not really

Zalman mc1 for clipping om a headphone cable, antilion for sticking to the side, V-Moda Boompro if you got a Headphone with non-proprietary detachable cable.
Sorry user, don't really know about desk mics.

I forgot to mention I do a lot of VRchat, would it have trouble picking up my voice? Is there a cheap small headset (headphone + mic) worth my while in that case? Wireless would be great

if you want a cardioid dynamic. (You need to have it close to your mouth but it reduces background noise.)

amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2005USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B007JX8O0Y

amazon.com/Adjustable-Microphone-Suspension-Broadcasting-Voice-Over/dp/B00DY1F2CS/

amazon.com/gp/product/B0002GXF8Q/

*sips*
Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1518571593096.png (1920x1280, 821K)

sweet sweet HD600s

Samson Meteor

>V-Moda Boompro
HOLY SHIT that looks perfect! I have the Philips SHP1900/00.

It's pretty good for the price.

Attached: 1536642079677.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

I didn't knew that one had detachable cable.

Big reason why I got it, the last headset died cause of aux

Amperior superior is back, and better than ever!

Attached: AmperiorSuperior15.gif (1200x569, 266K)

trash

Haven't managed to move my anime figures into my uni flat but still a nice setup

Attached: DSC_0021.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

You're phones are niggerass shit

*crack* *sip* ahhh~
Yukino

Attached: 1517436546944.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

lol mad

How does the Hifiman compare to head-squeezer to the left of it?

*Unzips*
sip on this!

Attached: 1537720311137.jpg (1300x1800, 736K)

*disgust*

Attached: 1512479479028.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

What, by comfort? The 6xx's are way more comfy, the 400i's are heavy and quite tight around your ears, although that's somewhat my fault with the pads I put on them, feel like they weren't really meant to go but it's not so bad I bothered to change them.

Sound wise they're both great, but I always keep coming back to the 400i's mainly for my own tastes. The 6xx's are amazing for when I need some stronger bass or vocal intimacy from kawaii asian singers, but the thick veil makes me leave them aside for pretty much everything else (I mostly listen to electronic). Due to their comfort, though, I do use them as my default cans for gaming/shows.

Hows does the sub-bass and soundstage compare? Also, is planar (sub)bass a meme or is it superior to the HD 6XX?

I may not be the best to ask as I'm not really a bass head, but from my experience they both have very nice bass in different ways. I'd be inclined to say for sub-bass though the 6xx's likely win. As for soundstage, obviously the 400i's have the much wider, more airy sound stage, where you can pick out any individual instrument to focus on, while the 6xx's are in your face and intimate. Sometimes though switching from the xx's to the 400's feels like taking in a breath of fresh air with how much less claustrophobic they are.

Thoughts?

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones?mode=guest_open

It's not a Flow, and you can get refurb'd Ether C's for $999 straight from Mr Speakers themselves. That said, Ethers are baller and $100 off isnt' a bad deal.

Planars have nice bass, but they fatally suck at higher midrange and treble.

I wish philips still made mp3 players.
they were the cucks autism bucks.

Attached: P1030744.jpg (320x256, 24K)

>mp3
Hell no.

Attached: dubs.jpg (491x526, 40K)

Do you think it would be worth it to sell aeons and upgrade to ether C's?

For me it's realtek.
the best DAC solution

Attached: 1529521005444.png (331x260, 7K)

Why

did you fucking dremel your keycaps?
looks like a cheap office board but the tops are smooth as silk.

FR charts show the sub-bass not being that much different but people talk like the 400i has much better subbass but I guess they probably don't have both and are talking out of their ass. Maybe one day I can try the 400i. Really want to hear a headphone with widesound stage and airy highs since I'm so used to it with my speakers. Just purchased the Tin T2 (arriving Wed), so going to wait awhile before purchasing something else.
Thanks.

ugly

das keyb 4 ult

Attached: 1509360517054.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Mebbe yes, mebbe no. Read up on reviews and see if the Ether seems like it'll tickle your fancy more. If so, fuck it, go for it and you can always sell the Ether and get your Aeons back if you change your mind.

It's called food and semen grease dissolving the tops smooth.

nah its {current year+ 3} get a Shanling M0 mah niggah

Attached: 6-1.jpg (750x421, 68K)

Speaking of which, I want to buy new Cherry keycaps. Are there any that don't cost a metric ton?

I raise you an Amiga 500.

Attached: 1510483295529.jpg (800x573, 207K)

pass

I want to but I'm already in the ESP95X drop.

banggood.com/PBT-87-Blank-White-Key-Caps-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-p-84084.html

need to replace that shit with pbt bruv.
only abs would pull that

But I like it. The texture feels nice @ fingertips.
Like I'm caressing an idol~

Attached: 1531287491440.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Idol trash goes to sleep.
Good night.

Attached: 1513287258160.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Good reasoning. Hope the Boompro helps.

id never pay over 100 for a board with abs.
at 100 you need to start looking at good caps included with the board.

Attached: 61rxDHRNSIL._SX425_.jpg (425x285, 16K)

for people buying headsets, i never saw a reason. for a bit more you can just get a samson meteor and then you're set for recording.
why do people buy headsets?
why not just a lil desk mic?

Attached: IMG_20180924_204227.jpg (4640x3480, 2.92M)

Desktop mics pick up too much background noise.

nice g shock

Hi friends
>Budget
Right around $100 or so
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone, PS4, a cheap DAC
>Type of headphone
Full sized over ear
>Open or closed
Closed back, im a big fan of noise cancellation
>Comfort level
Comfort is also very important for wearing for several hour+ sessions
>Sound signature
Neutral or slightly bassy
>Past headphones
HD201s. Very comfortable, sounded fine for the price, used as backup. Also used a pair of Lyxpro has-30s for a bit before they broke. They werent the most comfortable, as the cups were small and round and my ears are kind of big. Sounded fine but nothing special and I liked the detachable cable

I lied I think I might actually be interested in open backed headphones. Ive never really used them and I would like to check them out

I took some less potato pics of my 58- I mean my 660S's.

I'm liking these a lot. For $275 and coming from AKG 267's I can't complain at all.

Attached: IMG_2214.jpg (1815x1210, 509K)

Tyll liked it. youtube.com/watch?v=nLD5b22av3U

Nice pic, tubes are always sexy.

Only thing I'll need to get used to is the audio bleeding from the cans into my mic, but if I have shit at reasonable volumes it isn't too bad.

Pic related is what I listen to shit at loud volumes on. My desktop has static/humming that changes pitch depending on GPU load which is strange. Once I get a DAC that'll solve the issue (hopefully).

Attached: IMG_2223.jpg (1815x1210, 539K)

If you're schilling, that gif is annoying as fuck!

Attached: Aaaaa6.jpg (640x480, 28K)

delete this

What laptop is that

MSI GX63VR. Has a 7700HQ in it and a 1070 (non Max-Q) with a 120hz screen; got it as an alternative to my 4790k/1080ti desktop for working away from home and a backup in case my desktop shits itself from a Windows update (again).

Attached: IMG_2236.jpg (1815x1210, 472K)

make ur room quieter? >.>

I wish I had a gf like that.

S O G E T O N E
O

G
E
T

O
N
E

6XX and HD800 fren

Attached: snap.jpg (1206x686, 332K)

i'll wait for a ZMF collaboration

i would recommend the u-photia um2 with a cheap $20 xlr mic like the xm8500. better than any usb mic and shouldn't cost you more than $60

Attached: 518sekm6+2L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 7K)

u-phoria. not u-photia

speaking of ZMF, does anyone knows if they declare the full value of their headphones when shipping to another country?

no you dont. that bitch is wearing beats

Do idols just not shower then?

So uh, hypothetically if I were to get this, what sort of amp could I use to drive em

o2, micca origen, el amp, gilmore lite mk2
massdrop lcx, questyle cma200i to name a few
stay away from aune and topping (too high output impedance for these) and magni 3 (fucks up the treble)
be aware, they have good bass definition and extension but it's a bit thin sounding and highs are a bit messed up, maybe the new tunning fixed this but i would wait for reviews

what mods?

email him

Comparing the TG334 with the Andromedas. The Andros get just about everything right, but just... Man, those TG334 mids. They really are magical.

Attached: _DSC0793.jpg (1505x1000, 1.01M)

neat, thanks
probably going to skip it, happy with my 6xx
Will wait for the inevitable 8xx drop :^)

>budget
$1500 for both headphones
>location
USA
>source
Laptop but I can buy a day/amp
>type of headphones
Full sized
>open or closed
Open AND closed (I want 2 suggestions)
>comfort level
Don't really care
>sound signature
I want headphones with the best sound stage available. I've heard about some by akg but don't remember which ones

Any suggestions for Yincrow X6 alternatives? Been using these for months and the VE Monks sometime before that. I like my Yincrows but they seem to wear out faster on one side (probably my fault) and i'm curious about what else is out there. Budget is 50 bucks max but

Attached: Wapuro.jpg (640x480, 165K)

oh shit, I just remembered that closed headphones are shit for sound stage, just recommend open ones in $1500 please.

HD800S