When will Linux distros stop requiring a password for fucking everything even after you've logged in...

When will Linux distros stop requiring a password for fucking everything even after you've logged in? What's wrong with a simple continue/cancel prompt that lets you know that what you're doing may harm your system?

Attached: 1534588508658.jpg (1439x1813, 816K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Polkit#Globally
garyshood.com/root/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>expecting lunix on the desktop to be usable
haha no

type this badboy in
su
there you go, your terminal has root access, install whatever you want

It's 2018 and these posts are no longer funny, not even post-ironically.

Dumb fucking windows fag.

"Please make my computing experience less secure", the post.

its 2018 and you still cant type su
what are you, down syndrome?

I don't know about you, but I never leave my computer unattended while it's unlocked. If you really feel it's significantly less secure, then what are you thoughts on a toggle that *would* require you to enter your password in order to operate?

If you don't understand why this is done, you're a retarded wintoddler who should just stick with his gay metro themed toy OS.

Remember, marketshare doesn't matter. Do not fall for the promoting Linux meme. What matters is security and stability. If windows niggers migrate to our platform, they will demand that it's dragged down to their level and they will ruin it.

Attached: 1532677467996.png (800x729, 62K)

>i don't know how to do a simple edit of the sudoers file: the post
When will Windows stop requiring me to click an annoying UAC prompt for fucking everything after you've logged in? What's wrong with simply letting anything and everything run higgledy piggledy with admin privileges?

>they got to my naked pictures & private libreoffice documents and uploaded them all! totally legit that that was possible!
>but at least the evul hax0r couldn't install software without me entering my password!

cocnux retards, everybody

>he thinks this makes Linux secure

>its 2018 and you still cant type su
Summer ended a few months ago.

>if you have to ask
Tell-tale sign of someone who doesn't know, or at least isn't confident about the subject at hand. It does not surprise anyone that your post reeks of Jow Forums, as is typical of most posters with a sub-100 IQ.

%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

>not editing the sudo file to not require passwords on your user account
Why do you not seem to know how to use your computer?

Oh dang. Formatted and everything.
Op, thank the nice user.

>i don't know how to do a simple edit of the sudoers file: the post
When will you retards stop presenting stances that are easier to argue against instead of actually arguing? Anyone can edit a file, but why should they have to?

Why should settings be hidden beneath hierarchies that not even you have memorized? If you're not trolling then you are legitimate stupid and it is likely the biggest contributor to your virginity.

>not storing files on a separate encrypted drive or just encrypting important files
winfags everybody

IT’S CALLED ROOT YOU FAGGOT IDIOTS

Attached: E7B3D9EB-6A15-4503-8B6B-4E275486750F.jpg (1200x895, 152K)

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Polkit#Globally

The above link covers the same steps for policykit nagging.

Umm, no. It's this kind of lazy, half-assed "just do it yourself" response that keeps GNU/Linux from being a competitive desktop OS.

Have you considered that you might be retarded? This is a serious question because I cannot fathom that anyone who doesn't have at least some mild form of mental retardation would think they actually have a point.

Something tells me you're a lonely virgin who watches anime to comfort himself.

but i don't use lunix

Why do you think there is admin/user logins on Windows? Just for that?
Admins and root users have privileges over installation and configuration in OS that other users don't, whether it be "computer unlocked" or someone gaining access of your system over the wire.

>(You)
And any man who can't acknowledge a viable solution to a problem he is currently whining about is useless. Good day.

>that keeps GNU/Linux from being a competitive desktop OS
And yet it excels where it is useful and does the job you need it to do, despite being non-competitive. How exactly is GNU/Linux - as a tool, the only way computers should be considered - supposed to improve in usability just because it isn't competitive?
The kind of people who need GNU/Linux know how to use it without issue. Making it useful for people who don't need it doesn't exactly make any sense unless all you care about is market penetration and money, which, as far as I know, is counter to the entire ideology.

I am a Windows user, so take that as you will, but why does Linux need to have a broader user population if it means making it approachable by people who don't even need it? The thing that makes Linux valuable is that it requires you to understand what you want out of a computer to use it, and to understand how your software gets in the way. Making it "more accessible" would only mean devaluing it. I don't understand how you can't see this.

desu if you cant use su, change the sudoers or just type the password in like a normal person you probably shouldnt have root access 24/7

Attached: 2cc078882b03b56a93d81f82368c1f94f8aa0a98_hq.jpg (688x800, 28K)

What the fuck are you actually even saying?
You want normie shit? Normie security? Use a normie operating system, which Linux is not.
Otherwise, fuck off.

>Why do you think there is admin/user logins on Windows? Just for that?
No. The most obvious difference in security between having to enter your password and simply click a prompt is that someone can come along to your computer while you're logged in and do whatever they want. This is why I mentioned it, not because it is the only reason. Your point about admins and root privileges holds true even if you don't have to enter your password every time, so you're kind of talking on two different points.

It's a viable solution to a different problem. The issue I'm talking about is one of user-friendliness and accessibility. Someone with your level of autism understandably would not understand.

>t. pepe incel

Maybe if you ever have sex one day (and don't have to pay for it) you'll understand why you're wrong.

Damn I don't even agree with what he's saying but the virginity emanating from your post is tangible.

I hope you're at least underage.

>doesn't want to != can't
I guess there's a reason why nobody here actually contributes to open source projects. You are all too pathetic and lonely and need anime/ricing to have meaning in life.

>t. butthurt samefag that can't be fucked to learn how Linux works
>euhwww i have to TYPE my password??my fingers are cramping eughhhhhhhh

also i'm a faggot and have had more gay blowjobs than you'll ever know

Attached: 1521516321095.jpg (345x458, 22K)

You are too stupid to use linux. For your own good, go back to windows immediately.

If you are that ignorant, go windows... or Ubuntu.

Ah, so Linus himself is too stupid and he needs to go back to Windows.
Freetards everyone, cancerous behaviour.

yes

You are not linus, but you are fucking retarded.

it does thaough

it has an option for that, dummy. I unironically disable the warning prompts. it can't and won't prevent shit.
Unix and Mac dont even have the option to disable it. I'd argue that's less secure cause you have to type your password in every 5 minutes and it makes you vulnerable to keyloggers and people watching over your shoulder

you could also probably just chown -r the directory you're interested in, assuming it's some directory you want to control all the time

>people actually believe this

>no security is better than basic security

Attached: 1532522049835.jpg (369x335, 30K)

Linuxtard : haha fucking wintards, if you can't handle slightly harder settings, then don't use Linux
Also Linuxtard : Why is our market share is shit?

Its actually ruined

Nobody actually gives a shit about the marketshare...

>don't have to pay for it
>le hookers don't count teehee

*hits backspace 28 times*

You are free to run your desktop environment as root. No one is stopping you. That's also retarded. I mean, you can also run Windows as admin and turn off uac

What are you talking about?

Are you talking about sudo? Please tell me you're not logging in as root.

>If windows niggers migrate to our platform, they will demand that it's dragged down to their level and they will ruin it.
This is already the very reason why systemd came about. The sooner it can be stopped, the better.

>I guess there's a reason why nobody here actually contributes to open source projects
projecting

>wants operating system to do thing
>someone tells him how to do thing
>"WTF DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DO "THING"?"

Honestly, your post is the only retardation here that anybody will have a hard time fathoming.

I don't get it. You're upset that your system gives you the option to change default behavior, something that other mainstream operating systems often don't give you the option to change? You're upset that you have to do anything at all and that the operating system doesn't just read your mind and automatically apply your favored settings? Do you foam at the mouth when you go into a settings menu, regardless of OS?

I seriously don't get your dumbfuck point here. You're effectively saying that you consider changing a setting "DIY".

Just download the compiled binaries from the software website and use it like how you would use it on a Windows system retard. To install a program at whole system level you need to enter the admin password unless you are root. Its pretty much the same in Windows too.

That's how a truly secure multi-user system should work. You shouldn't be doing things that require a password on a regular basis outside of updates so who cares?

HOL UP
>Runs Firefox as root
SO YOU BE SAYIN
>Gets DDOS'd by chink hackers
WE WUZ
>deletes root directory
SUDOERS N SHEEEEIT

The moment Linux has proper sandboxing in userspace and replaces xorg too.

Hey OP, why do all the normies on fuckbook, instashit and twatter think its the fucking FBI?
The FBI is like a redheaded Dick Gumshoe from Ace Attorney that has two younger, more attractive, brothers that are doing better at life. They also won't help him because hes becoming less relevant every day and most of his attempts at leveraging an event lead to embarrassment.

Attached: gorgeous_cia_and_nsa_agents.jpg (750x422, 58K)

Have you tried using GUIX?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

what if you do sudo -i
Is that the same as what you call logging in as root?

It's so absolutely palpable around here, we could actually call it "Jow Forums syndrome".

Attached: 58135684.jpg (400x400, 86K)

>desu if you cant use su
heheh

>"Please make my computing experience less secure", the post.
/thread

Strong arguments. The last exploit was parched the exact day it was discovered. Yeah, you two are totally serious and know your stuff.

Uhm, sweetie...

Attached: 2018-09-25-035507_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.82M)

when you finally start running as root is when garyshood.com/root/

Linux is not a desktop/home OS

Using it as such will just make you unhappy

Login as root.

Then why do you faggots run it as such?
Shut the fuck up, retard.

>freetards: windows sucks because it thinks the user is a retard that can't use his own computer!
>also freetards: hurr why would you want to do this, do you want to make your computer less secure

Everyone with an actual job uses Windows or Mac, linux is still pretty rare, even with actual programmers.

Do you think you've made a coherent point?

The day you stop being retarded or when MS stops paying you 10 rupees per shill post.

What the fuck is that resolution

I thought Linux was a smartphone/server Os

Probably a setting that adds all the workspaces into the same screenshot. I don't like desktop screenshots myself because they always seem to focus on the wallpaper. In font rendering threads people always open Tokyo Wikipedia, they should also all use the same wallpaper in desktop screenshots to eliminate that aspect from it. There's nothing to see if you have no taskbars and no icons, just a big wallpaper.

I run as root all the time

Attached: haters gonna hate.jpg (600x599, 75K)

The nice thing is that it's impossible to criticize Linux because you can do everything yourself. Also why everyone secretly uses alternatives.

>turns on microphone
>complete 360 degree map of the surroundings using sonar
>can identify all individuals in the room using supersonic spatial recognition
>can track all objects in real time, allowing them to read what you're typing on an entirely different machine

Can someone replace fbi with Cia and give the nig a slight glow?

>not running everything as root
>needing baby hand holding protection

It's actually a general purpose kernel.
It even runs on many embedded devices.

requires substantial computing power, which your laptop won't be doing, and which would throttle your internet connection if it were offloaded elsewhere.

A thread died for this.

Attached: screenshot.png (613x92, 18K)

/thread

Just log in as root.

>When will Linux distros stop requiring a password for fucking everything even after you've logged in?
When the world is a safe place, without any bad people that might wanna trick you into bad things, so, likely never. In fact, it should be asking for root password for more things even, with the way one tends to use their personal computer (pic relatet)

Attached: authorization_2x.png (633x683, 55K)

I didn't know that I was browsing reddit

>I want cocnux to behaves like wingbloz

Attached: muhgames.jpg (536x582, 140K)

?????
>has liberty
>as in can do whatever I want with my pc
>retard thinks all you can do in a pc is a good idea because you are libre of doing it
>'huh user you better not do that, it makes your pc less secure'
>"HURRRR THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF LINUX HAHAHHAHAHAHAH"
(you)

When in terminal once a sudo password has been put in it will accept following commands as admin for a few minutes (you can configure how long)

Alternatively just run su bash as your first command and be logged in as root

It's sensible to restrict admin access to only those who need it, when they need it, wouldn't you agree pajeet?

This is why we have policykit. Maybe try GNU/Linux.

>not running everything in a jail

Because it's not safe and Windows does the same unless you are a retard and use an account with administrator privileges and UAC set to prompt for consent.

Fucking brainlet. see

how tiny is your penis