It's 2018. Is kde finally usable?

It's 2018. Is kde finally usable?

Attached: 1535081358392.jpg (1346x960, 99K)

Install XFCE

I post frogs so I only get opinions from normal people (not trannies or pajeets, the frog keeps you away)

>using anything other than Enlightenment
>pic related
shiggy

>not using i3-gaps and compton
its like you guys don't like your rice

yes

It looks cool desu, but still way to bloated

cinnamon-core.deb is the way to go for me atm
not really into wm and all stuff
xfce is cool too, but my laptop ain't that crappy.

>cinnamon-core.deb is the way to go for me atm
>not really into wm and all stuff
>xfce is cool too, but my laptop ain't that crappy.

USE
DWM

>DWM
looks cool, but it looks like something that you definitely have to learn and I've been using cinnamon since their very first release tho, on old machines, and now newer hardware. I can't complain, although maybe someday i'll switch to a dm who knows, not really into desktop environments with tons of packages. cinnamon ain't there yet

>not openbox
how does it feel like being the üntersmench?

It's been usable for the past 20 years.

I use it and it fucking sucks ass. Idk why whonix uses it

It's better than it's ever been desu. Still has the best pre-installed software suite of any DE, but wayland is awesome and everything is fast as fuck and reliable. Best experience I've had using a computer in years.

Attached: new.png (1920x1200, 568K)

It actually is.
Haven't crashed past 3 months.
I use arch btw

care to post your htop?

Based yoshoposter.
Spikeman btfo.

came here to say this desu

It always was.

> press super (windows key) to bring up menu to search for programs to run, like you can on laterally everything else
> it doesnt work
> have to press alt+f2 instead because its the "kde way"
i'd rather fucking use lxde

can't you remap keybindings in kde or are u just rarted?

last i checked a couple of months ago, on centos, you have to install a fucking plugin to get this functionality.
theres no way to do it from the god awful giant keybinds menu

nice music taste

also, the wallpaper, please

you're prob on kde 4. apparently kde 5 let's you do it

Linux not usable

It is, but it is not "more usable". KDE4 currently works fine for the most part, and KDE5 has yet to reach its feature set. The problem with KDE is that since 2014 or so, they started this trend of breaking 2 or 3 things every time they fix 1. There is no context in which KDE5 works completely, and it doesn't seem they will ever converge on one either. They need to have major updates that are purely bug-fixes which are separate from the monumental KDE3->KDE4->KDE5->... releases.

In particular, basic widget operations like moving or resizing them are completely broken. And that's a problem since every fancy thing you can do with KDE5 is basically through widgets.

That said, it is still better than Gnome 3. If KDE breaks 3 things every update, Gnome 3 breaks 100. KDE also honors your configuration options about 100x more, and its default applications are simply superior. (Dolphin beats Nautilus by such a large margin it is not even funny. I've had some university classmates completely give up on Linux because the school's computers had Fedora installed (where Nautilus was the default), and they had to extensively use it during a lab).

My personal recommendation for Linux GUI stuff is to use i3 in most cases, and then launch KDE5 when you are using a bunch of window-heavy programs.

god it would be nice if they focused an entire release on making KDE rock fucking solid stable
they'll probably just keep adding stupid shit like activities in wayland though

Had to do some tweaking to get it to work with Nvidia in regards to tear-free and a 144hz screen, but other than that it's been a very solid experience. I still prefer a solo WM for my laptop, but my time on KDE for my desktop has been good.

Attached: Screenshot_20180925_020815.jpg (2560x1440, 2.88M)

>but still way to bloated
it uses 400-500MB on boot and minimal plasma desktop install is so cut-down it doesn't even come with file manager or terminal emulator

Works great on my Manjaro and Arch installs. RAMlets may not like it though.

nice pic faggot

>USE
>DWM
unless you use a mouse

kde is blot
install gnom

>Is kde finally usable?
Mostly yes. Some very important exceptions
- Akonadi and everything that depends on this ambomination are dodgy.
- KMail is destilled evil - do not use, ever.

Root cause is that KDE went off into the weeds and some refuse to see reality or bug reports.

More like is KDE dead yet