Why does FLAC have such low audio?

why does FLAC have such low audio?

Attached: Flac_logo_vector.svg.png (1200x595, 47K)

It's an awful format, because it degrades the volume much faster than others like OGG for example

my audio is pretty high if you know what I mean

>because it degrades the volume

how is that ? You can do WAV -> FLAC -> WAV and its the same as the original.

It doesn't. You probably just got a rip from a different master that isn't brickwalled to hell and back.

It's not the reencoding. It's the longer it sits on the disk, and if it's a magnetic disk, the faster it spins. You should never use FLAC unless you have an SSDs, and even then, it's not really worth it in the long term

>no error robustness
gg faggt

>he doesn't know that FLAC is impervious to rotational velocidensity

>got a fucked rip
>why does FLAC have such low audio?
b8/10

>67777698
bullshit. Or can you really back that up? It may be anedoctical, but I've lost thousands of kbps to RV when using flacs a couple years ago

I've had hard drives full of FLACs spinning in centrifuges for months and they sound exactly the same now as when I put them in

FLAC is fine

Is this an ongoing joke to trigger autists like myself or do you guys seriously think that shit exists

since 2012 or so

I use MakeMKV

Well of course, doofus.
The centrifuge is probably counter-balancing the disk spin. Try spinning the centrifuge in the other direction. Plug your headphones and enjoy your songs for the last few seconds, if the centrifuge even just a bit powerful

>He has never heard of rotational velocidensity

Now let me tell you, user.
I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

What about video with flac encoded audio? Are the rotating velociraptors a threat to my movie collection?

you corrected "collection" but missed "velociraptors".
And no, they are stupid, flac is immune to RV by design. Unless you're using an HDD

It does exist
Hash a file and come back in 5 years to tell us all that it's true

Here's a handy cronjob if you're not autistic enough to remember this thread in 5 years.

0 0 1 12 * sha256sum *.mp3 < results.txt

Haha u fucked up