Windows Vista

Windows Vista had the best UI.

Attached: Screenshot (85).png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

startisback.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

then why are you posting a windows 10 screenshot?

Because I just used custom shell to make my Win 10 look like Vista. Best of both worlds: Vista appearance and 10 functionality

but it doesn't even look close
2 control panels
win 10 icons
metro apps
inconsistency
win 10 lifeless theme

Vista sucked initially, then it got breddy good shortly after Windows 7 came out

I hate the settings app and the metro apps and theme, but it's better than how Win 10 looks by default at least. I don't know how to change the way the icons look if there even is a way, it's probably somewhere in the registry

Vista is Me tier and 2k could never live up to 98se.

How's explorer look with it?

>get rid of win10shit
>upgrade to 7
>install vista theme and wallpaper
>no metro garbage or forced updates
>works with everything that isn't windows storeshit
>still has modern intel chipset drivers, ssd trim, uefi, usb 3.0 and all that other shit

It's not that hard.

Attached: 1524953946420.jpg (1920x1080, 103K)

Windows 7 support ends 2020 and people will stop making programs for it. I think Adobe has already stopped supporting it.

Just use a 7/vista theme on 10. You can easily uninstall metro apps.

based and redpilled

>Windows 7 support ends 2020
Who fucking cares outside of business/enterprise
>people will stop making programs for it
APIs between Windows 7 and Windows 10 are pretty much the same.
>Adobe
Again, who fucking cares, their new cloud stuff blows. Get a Macbook.
>Just use a vista theme on 10
And your system is stuck in a BSOD loop when the next big update is forced on you.
>You can easily uninstall metro apps
Wrong. Most need scripts to remove, and they completely gutted the original control panel.

>I think Adobe has already stopped supporting it.
Is that why i'm running adobe reader and After Effects CS6 on it right now lol

Retards like you are the reason these megacorps keep making money and fucking customers and their choices over

Windows 7 is so broken, look at all those updates you have to install to get it running. It's not gonna work anymore in 2020. Just get 10 already!

Attached: 1520121578150.png (500x467, 79K)

I think you're exaggerating greatly. It took me about 20 minutes to remove all the metro shit, get back the original media player and photo viewer and completely disable update unless I tell it to. I also pinned the original control panel to my start so I don't have to deal with the new settings app, and disabled cortana.

10 is great after these changes, the speed and functionality is obvious if you've used it and 7 side by side.

Looks like every other version of windows.

Attached: 1536619585746.gif (800x450, 322K)

kinda

Stopping support doesn't mean it will stop working, "retard". It just means it won't get more updates and eventually will be out of date. If you're just doing basic shit then it's fine.

Hiding stuff doesn't suddenly make the OS better, user.

It's still sending telemetry and running services in the background. Plus, all that metro shit is getting reinstalled when the fall update comes around.

>speed
Literally noticed no difference in framerates on my games. The drivers work on 7 just as well as they do on 10, end of discussion. In fact, 7 has less input lag using the basic theme unlike 10 which forces compositing all the time. I can truly enjoy borderless windowed applications without using the shitty fucked fullscreen mode.

Two words:
LTSB 2019

Attached: fyrIAR4.png (512x512, 192K)

Windows 7 hasn't gotten actual feature updates in years. No one gives a shit about bug fix patches unless you're deploying it on a network or want to satisfy your autism. Install 7, install SP1, install the 2016 rollup and be fucking done with it. You won't notice the difference between a 2016 updated copy and a 2020 updated copy in terms of functionality. Microsoft stopping updates is purely to spook business owners and schools into upgrading, just like what happened to XP.

Sorry for the slight offtopic but where can I find wallpapers like this? Not necessarely Windows default wallpapers, but these type of wallpapers themselves. The wallpaper board never has anything like this.

This trio had the best UI.
And AmigaOS.

Attached: 1518284467291.png (1024x2304, 359K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: xp gold 2.jpg (1024x768, 176K)

Attached: propc.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

Any legitimate reason to upgrade to this from 2016?

I haven't changed much about it yet except the height of the bar at the top

Attached: explorer.png (1173x724, 56K)

based computer worm corporation

Don't forget me!
there was also afterstep, E, cde, gnome, etc...

Attached: fvwm-thomas.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

Well it hasn't released yet.

Reasons:
Stability and security fixes
Full native dark theme (yes, this includes the file explorer)

Attached: 1530917099863.webm (460x612, 1.95M)

>Full native dark theme (yes, this includes the file explorer)
Ok I'm sold. Thanks

Don't forget to use this:
startisback.com/

No need, especially since Classic Shell is free

Attached: start.png (707x921, 168K)

yeezus , how long does it take to start that thing up?

Not too long because it is running an OS that is light enough for it. It boots faster than my new computer did when I had Windows 10 on the HDD instead of an SSD like it is now

Attached: 2018-03-22 17.24.13.jpg (3024x2822, 1.94M)

Don't forget mwm

its the only good operating system for high end single core systems

also it your finding it hard to find drivers try
driver booster 3.1
it updates drives for you.

vista is nice too bad only kmelaon is the only on that supported it on their old versions.
almost no broswer supports vista.

SAD day for retro dudes!

i can guarantee you that my windows 10 machine boots at least 10 times faster than your piece of shit

Windows 7 has the best UI.

Attached: Untitled (53).jpg (2560x1440, 671K)

Doesn't Firefox work on Vista? Don't use the installer, use the zip file from ftp.