Sell me on Mint, I need something to go to from Windows 7 and I don't really like Ubuntu

Sell me on Mint, I need something to go to from Windows 7 and I don't really like Ubuntu.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-25 02-50-50.png (1922x1080, 748K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180920.iso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It just works and it looks better than Ubuntu. Quit being a faggot and just use it.

I'm literally using it now. I've already ran into a problem installing drivers for my RX 480. Apparently I have to update the kernel because the packages from AMD aren't supported now(?)

use xubuntu
it really has the windows feel
but i use dwm though

You can make literally any Linux distro into whatever you want, dude. I just stick with Ubuntu and stock GNOME and that shit gets me through my day no problem. Mint is a bit behind on releases because it's Ubuntu downstream and because of that you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.

You can forget it. It only works well with Nvidia.

Fake news, Linux works better with AMD.

Mint is Ubuntu. If you don't like Ubuntu, use another distribution.

Mint is shit,

go to the afterlife, we don't want you fags shitting up our kernel more than you already have

Attached: 1523392756613.jpg (540x404, 26K)

Install manjaro

Just use it and see for yourself

mint is worthless
just go xubuntu or kubuntu
pop os over gnomebuntu if you want that shit

install xubuntu.

From my experience Mint support for ATI cards is even worse than Ubuntu's

install debian

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180920.iso

Attached: 2018-09-25-035809_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.99M)

Why not install Xubuntu and Cinnamon?

Stop shilling your shitty distro in every thread

Install Nitrux

> systemd
yikes

Is M$ the good guy now?

Since Linux and Vulkan are using Cocs now...

Are they the good guys?

Who eles came back to Windows?

Attached: logo-microsoft-620-original.jpg (620x349, 28K)

>be windowsfag
>try out Mint on a VM
>it's locked to 800x600 for some reason
>can't seem to change it (IIRC changing the resolution did nothing)
>give up
The idea of having two desktops is neat though.

>Is M$ the good guy now?

Attached: 1280936519548.jpg (1024x576, 103K)

8K titty monster shill in every thread I swear

Go for debian+ DE of your choise. I'd recommend xfce4

Microsoft stopped being the good guy when Gates stepped down from CEO.

ReactOS, like Windows but Open Source and Free

Mint is just a skin for Ubuntu but Mint seems more popular, ironically. Use Xubuntu; it's pretty much the same as Mint except it's maintained by somewhat capable people.

They'll become good guys once I can compile and edit its source myself.

You dont need to install drivers for amd cards on linux mint.

is easy to install this?
is secure?

>seems more popular than the most used Linux distro
What did he mean by this?

Why no clover os general threads anymore?

>What did he mean by this?

He means that when you google what distro you should choose if you are going away from windows, you will get mint, mint, MINT..
I did the same, then went for Ubuntu, Kubuntu to Debian.

That's a virtualbox / VT-D issue. Install the extensions ISO and make sure your CPU virtualization features are enabled. Apt update your install as well, restart VM, full screen and should be fixed.

I used it for the last few years up to just recently.
It's pretty good. Ubuntu with a nice cinnamom desktop.

Sure

Attached: IMG_20180924_220721.jpg (3968x2976, 2.49M)

>I don't really like Ubuntu.
welcome to 99% of Jow Forums.
No. Mint is old as fuck. Get Manjaro Xfce or CInnamon, the same thing but with more updated repos.

easy to install, prolly not as secure as other distros. After all is made by like, one guy. He can't keep up with the h4xx0rs by himself.

you should use Fedora or Ubuntu LTS retard

Listen user, you won't get much out of Linux if you don't go into the deep end. Mint tries to look like windows 7 but it isn't and it's inadequacies will always bug you. Embrace the differences, learn to use a tiling wm with vim.
>don't be a pussy
>don't be a brainlet
>stop acting like an NPC
install arch linux with LARBS

Attached: 1537767165665.jpg (500x339, 17K)

Mint seems nice. I personally use Debian. You should try a bunch of different distros until you find one you like.

Linux isn't for you. you should unironically stick with Winblows seeing as you're obviously a homosexual who doesn't know dick about computers.

Attached: 1537804385940.jpg (685x474, 109K)

>I was born knowing how to Linux

>stop acting like an npc
>install arch linux
kek

It blows my mind... why do people who obviously know nothing about computers want to come on Jow Forums and ask us which linux they should use?? Didn't we tell everyone a few years back to INSTALL GENTOO ? Have they forgotten?? and why would they even want to use Linux? THey have no reason other than 'everyone else is doing it' they don't want to compile, they don't want access to system libraries, they don't want to do web/sys/server administration, they don't even want to learn CLI. It blows my fucking mind...

Works on my machine. Win 10 shit itself to death with multiple updates.
Get the xfce edition.

contd. if you want to learn linux and administration, install gentoo, or maybe slackware and it them exclusively for years. If you are just looking for a meme OS to use, that will 'just work and play my gayms' then I have something for you.

Attached: f4gerb3res4.png (436x553, 250K)

we normies want to avoid botnet and terrible software too. we're just not as smart

You don't deserve to be free from botnet and terrible software until you've earned it. FIght your way out of platos cave. and RTFM lol. Seriously if you want to know your dick from your ass in linux don't stick around with mint or ubuntu, when they break you're fucked, ifound even if I know what I'm doing and those systems break I can't fix them nearly as fast because of all the layers of gui utils built on top of the actual .conf files that fuck everything up.

>wanting to be free from shit software
>demanding Mint OS.

ARGGGGG!!!! When will it stop???

Stop giving shit advice you meme'ing bastard.

>I don't really like Ubuntu
Then Mint is not for you since it's derived from Ubuntu. You can play around with Debian, despite it's older packages and the hated systemd it's a noice OS, you can use it with a desktop environments like KDE or Cinnamon if you want a Windows kind of user experience, or XFCE if you are a RAM beggar.

>we're just not as smart
Nope, you're just lazy.

Attached: hell.jpg (452x330, 196K)

My man. I've used Linux since 2005/6, I've used every distro, some are good some are bad, but they're all Linux. If he walks the path he will reach where he needs to be.

stop fucking posting this in every thread, cloveros is not even fucking reputable, doesn't even have a working website and its known to be botnet

how does mint look with deepin de non mac one the one mor akin to widnows ? anyone screenshots

Attached: BN-WC202_3id7b_OR_20171112143534.jpg (3800x2345, 609K)