Why do people think arch loonix is difficult to use

i started using antergos years ago, and despite learning command line skills and programming (out of my own choice), i still do everything on my antergos computer almost exactly the same way i did when i used windows. The OS didn't force me to learn how to compile from source, or cut off certain features to command line only. It "just werks", and I'm eons away from ever needing to use microsoft's surveillance system ever again.

how come babys first linux for me was a distrubution based of what people consider one of the hardest to understand? I know gentoo is harder but why should I bother? All my applications are built from source with pamac (pacman gui) and I don't even need to learn or debug it unless i haven't updated my packages for 6 months (I once did that due to being homeless and having no internet, and well I was able to patch up the machine by just deleting a few files that pacman was having troubles with, then I just re-added them if they weren't replaced by the full system update).

I know it isn't all free software, but despite what stallman thinks, theres gotta be a point where you draw the line. Using obscure-but-free instead of common-but-mostly-free OS/Software leaves you in the dark for functionality/support, and leaves you in the firing line for digital fingerprinting. Just look at GNU Icecat. Yes, its free but its text rendering is horrid, and its anal javascript blocking breaks 90% of websites on the internet. Also don't mind the face that you are now unique on the web due to the fact that you're running a fork of firefox with extensions found outside of the mozilla store, instead of vanilla firefox with the same instances of extensions as everyone else, further obscuring you into the crowd of other users, so trackers see you as one of 500,000 users instead of one of 13,000 users.

>inb4 !free == unsafe
Yes, completely free software is safer, but in comparison to what we were all using years ago (windows, google) we are better than most.

Attached: arch.png (501x415, 56K)

> systemd
into the trash it goes

Use debian net iso

install gentoo

I will once i get my 8 figs

I'll be honest with you. I am unaware of why people hate systemd, and to be fair I don't mind it as a software, and am aware that it limits other software that doesn't comply with it - but couldn't the same be said about the kernel itself?

give it a crack, see if you can change my mind. I'm open to hearing other people's ideas.

Arch isn't difficult per-se, but after it ruined my system for the upteenth time, I wiped my Arch partition and installed CloverOS. Haven't looked back since.

Attached: 2018-09-25-033317_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.56M)

cool blog! subscribed.

Comments:
---------------

Anonymous: i use arch btw. install gentoo.

>8 figs
???

I was expecting one of these
Say hi to the family for me, Glenda! :^)

Yea, gonna become a millionaire
Gonna buy a house(600k) and pc parts(1.4k)

Gonna install gentoo on pc. I want a fast cpu mane

What do you like about it? Whats it based off, and does it have a dummy distro like antergos? I'm lazy but I like checking out distros ecksdee

I completely agree that there's a line in the middle between using completely free "ethical" software vs using something with fuckloads of trackers and shit that slow your device down, for the sake of practicality. However Arch is anything but a practical OS.

It's not the distribution is hard to use it's that the installation process you have to go through isn't worth what you get. Yea sure with Gentoo it might be "harder" to install if you can't fucking read their very easy to follow documentation on how to install it, along with the fact that you're compiling the kernel as well as every other piece of software and optimizing it for your SPECIFIC device. Compiling all those fucking headers and shit may take a day and getting all the necessary software installed will probably take another week to finish, but once it's done; you have the fastest operating system possible for your device.

With arch you have a lot of the same bullshit in the install process of having to install stupid things in an unnecessarily difficult manner, without it actually serving any use or benefit for your system. It's not going to run any faster than if you just installed debian, so why bother? If you want bleeding edge/rolling release software, you can just use the experimental repos literally almost all distributions provide.

It's a Gentoo image with xorg-server and fvwm

CRLLLK
SLLLIPPPPP
HAEH

Attached: boom.png (380x349, 77K)

Oh no
Im 18
Lol
Imma zoomer bby

except antergos made it easy for me, and my installation takes only 3 hours with their GUI. 2.5 of those hours are spent waiting because australian internet is shit.

>australian
No wonder you are so retarded
Do you like mint or manjaro as well?

you dont have to be 30 to channel the 30 year old boomer from time to time

I didn't even grow up with quake but it is one of my favourite games of all time, and i invest way too much time into dreamcast emulation yet I have never owned or played one.

Attached: boomer.png (618x348, 162K)

I can't knock where i came from hey
mint is too much like windows for my liking
manjaro has to be configured to not look like ass

>antergos
you avoided the highest normie hurdle.

Not reading your blogpost. The "Arch is hard" meme is just because you have to read the readme.txt or a wiki page to install it the first time.
That's literally it.

yea but what do you get out of it
literally do the same with gentoo and you get a far more optimized device

pacman -Sy

>yea but what do you get out of it
umm...uhhh...an operating system?

>literally do the same with gentoo
compiling for hours != installing blobs

>far more optimized device
[citation needed] (

>mint is too much like windows for my liking
What a retarded reason to dislike mint

Thare you go

Attached: 9584D8D9-3BC6-44E3-9EE9-708B7F40A3C7.jpg (839x560, 80K)

>arch user
>homeless

Like clockwork.

Attached: c4b.png (1465x1007, 67K)

Installing Arch is unnecessarily complex. Other than that it's a good enthusiast distro.

>Installing arch is complex
What are you? A 9 year old? It's way to easy lmao. Just follow the fucking install guide.

its le ""official"" Jow Forums distroez, with a half working installer, probably malware or two slipped in and a dedicated shill

it's an operating system

Bullshit.
Have fun trying to set up xorg.

Attached: arch.png (1682x2684, 292K)

Antergos got compromised.

What the fuck are you setting up in Xorg? You [sudo pacman install xorg xorg-xinit] and you're done.