Say something positive about the state of computing

Say something positive about the state of computing.

Attached: terry.jpg (699x480, 35K)

i can't it's going to shit especially now when trannies poison open source communities

Everything will end soon.

I wish Uriel were here. Or at least Dennis Ritchie.

Processor makret is marginally more competitive now.

It's come to the point where Richard Stallman was right about GPLv3 and Linus Torvalds not giving a shit about free software.

It's come to the point where OpenBSD isn't just the last resort anymore.

Was Torvalds bought out by Red Hat? He lost all his principles around 2012.

Attached: SYSTEMD-e1434229775958.gif (1968x639, 40K)

Does anyone else think Linus isn't coming back?

—(the state of computing)

well lets see, linux is currently finally a viable choice for the average user. Too bad in its moment of triumph its gonna get raped by sjw fucks...how bad is this gonna be?

N64 mini and PSmini coming soon is great news

Just fork it once they get too retarded. 2ez.

Attached: 1521574688914.jpg (1212x909, 218K)

is it anal beads?

OpenBSD will most likely continue to be the world's most secure operating system until we die.

I think it's time for the final solution.

I cannot even bring myself to try it or even accept it as viable...the fish's lips.

We are at the gates of a new golden era of computing.
With the ever increasing grasp that corporations have over the Linux kernel, there's no better time for motivated individuals to contribute to alternative, user-focused, operating systems. Just in Jow Forums we're starting to have regular threads for BSD and Haiku, something that was not seen since... when?
Also, we've been ignoring the BIG elephant of the clusterfuck (both technically and legally) that's x86_64 for long enough. There are already a cheapo RISC-V board for those who want to lead the charge into developing for what's going to be the computer architecture of the future.
There's no better time for those who want to actually make a change by getting into OS development.
And that seems pretty damn positive to me.

Attached: 1530754464283.gif (604x788, 122K)

>something positive about the state of computing
Impossible

Attached: 1516340241571.jpg (350x350, 97K)

Terry was right .

Well only thing I can think of is that we don't need to reinvent the wheel anymore and we have all we need in terms of philosophy. You can freely work on what you want, how you want and as you wish. The trick is that good times are over and question is if it is worth it and if there are not more worthy things in life than computers. I am interested in freedom, privacy/anonymity and I would like to switch to working on projects which would give users tools to be free in computing and/or space of clearnet.

Moores Law is slowing down.
That Gaymer rig isn't getting obsolete as fast

Attached: dennis-moore.jpg (450x329, 36K)

I’m glad Python isn’t the only choice.

AI is racist

people at the dalles public library no longer have to see or smell this bum.

Linux is more inclusive now

Attached: newlinux.png (2494x1187, 2.16M)

CoCk and front hole fighters

low power consumption computer on a chip thingies. hi pxm.

They'll claim they made Linux as popular as it's gotten to be, and that it would've never gotten there if it weren't for them.

You know, like they do with everything at its peak that they've fucked up.

Attached: rolf.png (1024x768, 295K)

It's unsustainable.

spbp

underrated

KDE and Windows 10 stopped being bloated, RAM-eating shit. Most of DE available today are very optimised (sadly excluding MacOS).
Functional programming got some recognition in enterprise environments.
Go/Rust as alternatives to old C/C++, some fresh air in low-level programming.
Companies centered on keeping user privacy are appearing in many sectors (Libreboot, Purism, ProtonMail).
RISC-V architecture can (but don't have to) lead to improved security after Intel series of fuckups.
Streaming services are amazing. I recommend reading about architecture of Netflix services. It is simply amazing.
Cheap hardware.

but of course Jow Forumstard can only cry "LINUX COC" and ignore every positive thing going on clinging on entry level programming books from 70s as pinnacle of computing

Moore's law is reaching its limit. Thus, smaller hardware companies will catch up to intel, and we could finally have more open source hardware and firmware. Also, software engineers will stop making execuses for making bloated crap, since we can't rely on hardware getting better, and have to finally optimize things and program in C++.

Attached: 1537496101577.png (447x445, 138K)