Is a 4k monitor really that superior to 1080p monitors?

Is a 4k monitor really that superior to 1080p monitors?

There are a decent amount of 4k movies right now, and I can't see other reason to buy it.

Attached: 3440x1440-vs-4k.jpg (796x420, 20K)

ultrawide monitors are the shit

4k panels are usually better than 1080p panels in most of the other things that make a screen good, except refresh rate. They also got reasonably cheap in the last year or so. If you've got the cash to spare and you want something futureproof, I see no reason in getting 1080p anymore. I bought the LG 27uk600 last week which is IPS 4k@60hz, freesync and has a basic HDR function which works decently. For 300€ it's a pretty good deal.

I've got a 3440x1440 34 inch and a 4k 27 inch setup like in OP's picture, so if you have any questions, shoot.

Is it good to watch movies?

My only concern is that. Because I can do everything with any monitor, so I think 4k monitor wouldn't bother me in any way, but I see a lot of 4k movies and I really want to know if it is worth it.

If you work in photography or film industries, you are often working with resolutions even bigger than 4k, so 4k panels make a lot of sense.

Which panel has gpu support?

What do yuo mean?

Is there something resembling a consensus on the best cheaper high end closed headphones ? Im willing to spend quite a bit but id prefer paying less if the quality is better, id rather not spend much more then a couple of hundred euros.

Its mostly for listening to roots, reggae, dub and culture, so the lower the response goes, the better.
Many thanks.

Attached: _MG_5916_preview.jpg (4272x2848, 1.14M)

Wrong thread, buddy

why the ultrawide?

4k is absolutely shit. Higher price for a not very noticeably better product...save the massive system resources required to have a useable experience with one, I garanteed you'll notice that. Stick with 1080p.

>There are a decent amount of 4k movies right now
You mean the hundred or so action/action hero movies released this and lash year? Those are surely worth the investment when almost no other content is 4K.

4k scales lineraly from both 720p and 1080p, so if you're autistic about that, then yes, it is good, especially with HDR. However, it depends on more factors. If the movie is 21:9, I would choose to watch on my ultrawide monitor purely due to its size, even though the 4k monitor is much sharper and has better color gamut. Just look at the difference in the surface area in pic related.

All that said, my Sony TV shits on both of them for any type of video. Image processing does wonders, especially for lower resolution content.

Attached: IMG_20180925_194742~01.jpg (4032x1509, 1004K)

What? There are a lot of scifi movies in 4k, not only superhero bullshit.

Although, i get your point.

Last*
Is there a list of at least some? Also keep this in mind:

I'm not sure why so many questions and conclusions like this exist. How can a resolution increase be "absolute shit", and how can anybody question how superior it is. It's exactly 4x superior in resolution and that is it. Literally it. What the fuck do you people expect - "yeah 4K is shit, the greens arent as strong and the aspect ratio is off!" Use your noggin.

I'm jelly of your setup, I have a 1080p 16:9 on my left and a 1440p 21:9 on the right but my table is too small so the 1080p is angled weirdly and way too far on the left so it hurts my neck to look at it lol.

>4k movies
>on a monitor
Just don't. Get an OLED TV if you're gonna get anything specifically for movies.

you wont get more screen estate with a 4k monitor since you have to scale up anyway

It is my main monitor. I got it for a very good deal open box last year. It is very good for having multiple browser windows open and makes gaymes more immersive, if you're into that. It's also easier to drive than a 4k screen and does not require scaling in windows. I've had a 29 inch 2560:1080 before. It's hard to go back to 16:9 now.

If your just using a 1080p@60hz screen then yeah 4K is just a really good resolution upgrade, but 144hz autists will claim it’s shit as no real 4K 144hz displays exist

Get a 40inch display and you won’t have to scale

i have a 16:9 1080p 21inches lol

The actual setup looks like this. I have the same issue when I need to look to the screen on the right. I need to get rid of that old 17 incher on the left.

Inb4 chrome/windows/spotify botnet.

Attached: IMG_20180925_201218~01.jpg (4032x2132, 1.71M)

4K allows you to have bigger screens while keeping pixel density more or less constant. However if you get 4K monitors in sizes smaller than 32" you're either wasting resultion or too close to the screen anyway.

nice setup