Le CoC

>REEEEEEEE
>I hate politics in my software
>This is why I will switch all the software I use based purely on political reasons despite the fact that those politics don't impact me as the end user
Anyone else getting tired of this meme? This board isn't a place for Jow Forums to blog about how much they hate "SJWs". It's a place to discuss technology. When will the mods start forcing people to take this literal politics to Jow Forums or at least make a confinement thread for it? Between people circlejerking about how much they hate software made by SJWs and the literal shilling, this board is largely useless these days. What's ironic is that this thread will be deleted and I will be banned for offtopic conversation but all the Jow Forums-tards will continue to have free-reign over the board to shitpost in every thread and cover have the board in their own shitty threads. I don't give a fuck how much you hate SJWs or trans people or special snowflakes with a nonsensical "gender identity". Keep it on Jow Forums and /b/. This is a board for discussing technology.

Attached: 324cb79bf2fb0fc8e11331bcec751b11140c03b3.jpg (500x400, 82K)

Who is the qt314 in your picrelated?

Leah Rowe from the LibreBoot team.

>qt
debatable

Well like it or not the CoC does lay down a set of highly ambiguous guidelines that give people the power to turn down well written code if written by someone that does not meat the diversity quota. Like it or not, this IS a technology issue because if you are passing on well written applications and code for political reasons it's is a degenerate, and I mean that in the literal definition of the word not the/pol/ on, technology practice. Technology should remain and apolitical field, because at the end of the day, it does not matter who you are, it your code works and it's good, you are a good coder. If your code is shit, you should be called out on it. This CoC allows bad code to be protected under the guise of "they just hate me because I'm a woman/what ever you want to put here that is not a white dude "

It's morally wrong to have this and it IS a tech issue. Not supporting this software at this point is not because they are part of political party A or B but because they have a political stance period.

>productive contributer banned
>pulls gpl license from code
>cripples vital part of kernel
op ur right I could NEVER see this impacting me!

Additionally a lot of us are open source contributors, and the takeover of Linux, the most longstanding political free zone, is a certainly worrying.

I dislike pol as much as the next jew but this is a serious threat.

t. troon

GTFO tranny

CoC lovers are now calling journalists who write about this affair and quote ESR's opinion, literal fascists.

It's a call for violence to stop this story.

what will you do when he khs?

> those soulless eyes.
No wonder trannies are killing Linux.

When will the mods start banning faggots and degenerates like OP?

>Like it or not, this IS a technology issue
I'm not disputing that there is room for discussion regarding the CoC. However, using it as an excuse to throw an unintelligible fit over "muh SJWs" is embarrassing for us as a community. I have seen maybe 4 intelligent posts regarding the subject and probably about 10 different threads filled with dozens of people sperging themselves into a fit of rage. This isn't an issue specific to the CoC. This "muh SJW" retardation has been going on for years on this board. One time Firefox put some kind of diversity message on their home page for a week and the board had a fit over it. It's just childish nonsense. I dunno. Maybe I'm literally too old for this site now.

>This CoC allows bad code to be protected
No it doesn't. Anyone can fork the code from any given commit and do what they want with it. There are already many different versions of the Linux kernel. Nothing significant will change. Nothing end-user impacting will change in a negative way.

it's the only way to stop alt-right nazi kernel developers

Jow Forums is always right, if it wasn't for the CoC. Jow Forums wouldn't have been here
Now take your SJW and lefty politics and go back to Tumbler

>op ur right I could NEVER see this impacting me
Interesting. At what point did your kernel automatically downgrade, resulting in an impact to you as the end-user?

>Anyone who isn't extreme right is obviously extreme left
costanza.jpg

They probably will. Just give it a few minutes.

Jow Forums is all over it because social justice has no place in software development, the only thing that matters is code quality.

>debatable
once he sees his chopped-dick-pics it won't be debatable

Fuck off

Attached: 1530735461624.gif (800x600, 198K)