Now that the dust has settled, what happened here?

youtube.com/watch?v=LERCwH3F474

How did the Verge get literally everything wrong?

Attached: verge.jpg (846x797, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0vmQOO4WLI4
twitter.com/StefanEtienne
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Diversity happens

>WE

Likely, but just to be ez on the homies I know plenty of nogs that are knowledgeable about computers/tech in general that wouldn't call an IO shield a bracer.

I wonder who this guy is, maybe a friend of TV staff or some meme influencer?

>the Verge

The Verge happened. Worst 'journalism' on the web.

Why do you guys watch stuff like this?

this, literally just plebbit numale garbage

Its pretty solid build anyway. i bet its just bait to lure out confederate nazi racists fucks

how did you only just see this? obvious satire from creator.

Attached: 1535470590129.gif (340x340, 18K)

Nope. The radiator fans was not installed in the first build. And later it was "magically" fixed when playing games.

>confusing intelligence with stupidity

How could you get everything wrong when the fucking thing worked?

Are you people retarded?

There are two options here;

1:
>The Verge tried to race bait and get more ad reveneue but it failed miserably because no one hated on his skin color, but rather his incompetence when it comes to computer building

2:
>The Verge has no idea how to build a computer and they failed miserably without intention of race baiting

have a (You)

this asian guy is even more retarded than nigger from verge. He literally thinks that building a pc is a rocket science and the way he exaggerates things is unbearable.

Fucking chink.

>WUZ

>KANGS

Attached: 1537595019043.jpg (728x728, 246K)

Admit half of you couldn't build a PC as good as this guy did.

youtu.be/0vmQOO4WLI4
this one is fucking hilarious.

#2, but with them being the opportunists they are, they seized on #1 afterwards.

The most insulting thing about all this is the diversity hire went on to bitch about everyone and said it was a non-issue.... All while getting a degree in CS(protip: he isnt using his race JUST to land a job at the Verge, since he sure as fuck isnt in any university on merit)

There's a reason why people call them iVerge.
They know almost nothing about computers.

Attached: wdwyz5okohn11.jpg (601x549, 98K)

AND HERE I'M REMOVING THE MODEM COVER

>implying this guy set the standard that high

because we're retarded and need commentary on everything in the modern era

>having all the tools in the world and not being able to use them
This is pretty much a definition of a nigger. Well, despite fucking up dual channel at least he had an understanding of LEGO - something completely unfathomable to most normies.

He didn't even build it correctly let alone good.

twitter.com/StefanEtienne

This is your diversity hire

why would you do a video on how not do something? Is it just him putting his dick in the fan and electrical outlet then dumping eggs into the case and beating his grandma with a shovel?

It works, which is no small accomplishment.

120+ FPS in league of legends too.

>It works, which is no small accomplishment
No it isn't. If it doesn't work you failed - end of story.
>120+ FPS in league of legends too
>120+ FPS in a game that runs 60fps on Intel GPUs

>he doesn't beat his grandma with a shovel
That's how I know you've never built a PC.

He's also running it off a 60hz 1080p display.

He's profoundly stupid.

I think they deliberately made it bad so people would watch the video.

So you're saying he didn't fail.

No I'm not, did you fail logic 101?
You can still fail even if it boots.

According to your definition of failure, he didn't fail.

>one condition of failure = definition of failure
So you did fail logic 101, could have just said that in the first place.

You didn't define anything else except doesn't boot = failure.

>You didn't define anything
-(You)
>According to your definition of failure, he didn't fail.
-also (You)

Oh whatup Stephan, I thought Jow Forums was blocked over at the Verge?

That is their main tech editor.

>doesn't boot = failure
It defines "doesn't boot".

You guys are just jealous he built a pc without knowing anything and you retards think building a pc is some wizardry.

The majority of pc's are build by minimum wagers that know nothing about tech.

The detractors were clearly racists who weren't happy about a PoC making a nice thing and showing how he did it.

Can't find the original video, did they take it down out of shame?

They did, and they blamed racism.

>implying it wasn't racism

If it was a white male no one would be making fun of him.

t. has been here for less than a week and missed the LGR(which is way more competent than that nigger) threads

I need a rundown on correct sequence (assembling two tomorrow).
Here's how I'd do it:
1. Open everything in case
2. Install PSU
3. Install M.2 SSD (underside of Mobo)
4. Install the motherboard
5. Put all the necessary cables in designated places
6. Install CPU
7. Install RAM
8. Install CPU cooler
9. Install GPU
10. Put all the covers on the case

You're on Jow Forums. This board tears apart every piece of technology every created by everyone and calls for its creator to be hanged.

Once in a blue moon a black man wanders into this discipline and Jow Forums takes a dump on them too.

>y...you guys are just jelly
Imagine being this ad hominem

The verge guy is stupid but the reviewer is a plain asshole.

Because building a computer is toddler tier and he still managed to get stuff wrong

The Verge is owned by Vox
Polygon is owned by Vox

Vox was created for the purpose of spreading a particular political agenda in websites masquerading as "tech", "video games", "sports" etc.
It was the Gawker model.

The people involved do not actually enjoy any of the subjects - they are bloggers who wish they could just write about politics full time. Like that Asian girl who wrote about how much she hates white people, so the New York Times hired her from The Verge.

Ask yourself this, how does a blogger for a video game or tech website survive in San Francisco or New York? It doesn't add up. This rabbit hole goes deep.

Attached: polygon.webm (718x404, 451K)

>and you retards think building a pc is some wizardry.
That's literally the opposite of what we're saying.

Even the demon knew to go easy on him

He's a full blown NPC.

Attached: 14fzEpS.jpg (625x626, 47K)

>already has a job at a major tech firm as a student

Lel. You're all jealous.

>calls himself journalist
>isn't actually a journalist
>is alleged to be a CompSci student
>knows nothing about hardware, clearly hasn't even ever watched another video on how to build a computer
Hes a blogger who bullshitted his way in, and got rewarded by diversity quotas, and a company who only exists to spread the poz.

You have to be totally beyond clueless to put aftermarket TIM on top of a preapplied thermal compound.

>using video game terminology to describe people you don't like
i don't like him either but (You) guys are pathetic lmao

Stefan, my man, don't you have some blogging to do?

>because we're retarded and need commentary on everything in the modern era
Just like redditors.
hmm

Nice trips. Admit you're jealous of the based black guy having a tech job while still studying as university to be a world class programmer.

(You)

All the over the top retarded reaction videos are hoenstly 10x worse than the video itself

Taking advice from people with 80 IQ... lol'd fucking hard.

>HE PUT TOO MUCH THERMAL PASTE

As if it matters at all.

Lmao.

>The Verge is owned by Vox
>Polygon is owned by Vox
Vox is run by jews. Look at their CEO and management.

>puts thermal paste on top of old thermal paste
If that doesn't tell you everything you're a dumb gorilla nigger yourself.

>installing cpu and cooler when the mobo is in the case
i see you are retarded

>AND

>SHEIT

It's more emblematic of how you manage to do every fundamental aspect of building a computer wrong.

I find it more amusing that everyone says he did everything wrong but the end result is a perfectly functional system.

of course. only the confederate alt right literal nazis had a problem with that video because clearly the biggest problem was that he was black. Heres a (you) for your troubles

>perfectly functional system
have you checked the PSU?

Attached: shutterstock_134658206.jpg (3000x2000, 1.35M)

Attached: 316.png (600x623, 373K)

>i see you are retarded
Elaborate.

B/s.
We shit on Linus constantly.

It isn't perfectly functional. It's functional, as in it turns on. You'd have to fuck something up to a special degree for this not to happen.

Yet all these totally legit reaction videos act like the started WW3

BACKPLATES MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU KNOW THEM?

It doesn't jut turn on, it plays League at 120 FPS perfectly fine.

>How did the Verge get literally everything wrong?
>Someone in high level gets the idea, then delegates
>Nobody has a clue and can't care less, so the hot potato gets handed down the levels
>eventually it reaches the poor sod that has to do the actual legwork
>Deadline is close
>Budget is non existent
>Along the line someone already got sponsorships involved so the guy can't even chose parts
>But it doesn't matter because he doesn't know shit about computers anyway but he has to do it anyway
>5 minutes and a quick search online later he's scrambling for tools
>a few minutes later he's filming

>ACKPLATES MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU KNOW THEM?
No, didn't do anything with them during my last PC from 2011.
What should I know about them?

He got paid a very lucrative amount of money to perform something technical with a grand total of about 12 things that it's possible to do wrong, and he managed to do 10 of them

You don't do this. You don't go into an autobody because you got a lucrative sponsorship to put an engine together, mess up every fundamental aspect of it and then proudly upload this advertisement for how to put an engine together onto the internet. Or you do, and then you get called out by people that actually understand this shit

The reactions are entirely justified. I think it just speaks more about their lack of respect for nerds that they think they could do this and would be able to snarkily reddit quip them into respecting them, which is a sad state of affairs for a publication that's about technology.

What a joke of a publication

Attached: tumblr_p4zy2lGt0f1qz63n0o1_540.jpg (450x810, 32K)

You can't install them when the motherboard is mounted in the case which means you can't mount many, many cpu coolers.

Ok, thank you. My Noctua nh-u9s should be ok.
Any other reasons?

There's a reason why they are known as the iVerge, and the worst part is that there were supposed to be a dozen people working on said video and none of them thought something was wrong

Not him, but you will also have an easier time installing the CPU, RAM, M.2 SSD, and the cooler before you install the motherboard as you will have more room to work with

Ok. Will do it the way you guys suggest.

I don't know. I don't care. Next!

Dumbass sjw detected

I watched the original before they took it down. I don't care what color he is, if he gives shitty uninformed advice like that I'm going to have a problem with it. Sure we were all noobs at one point, but we weren't peddling our ignorance as guidance in well produced videos.

Im really more mad at whoever produced the video than I am at the guy in it. He was just a noon building his first PC. They decided to put him in a video about how to build a PC, and then didn't hire someone to advise him when he didn't know what he was doing.

Because we dont give black people more money. You gotta believe me guys, were almost there. Just another tree fiddy...

>this asian guy is even more retarded than nigger from verge
t. nog

How so?

>GUYS IT'S COOL, IT WORKED
Except that it's obvious the video was heavily edited to leave out the parts where someone had to step in and cover for his mistakes, like not installing the fans.

If they wanted a black guy assembling a PC why didn't they just hire the negro phone guy?

He may be a phone/general consumer tech shill but he's capable of assembling a PC without embarrassing himself.

Better yet, let Linus do all the shilling.