Where do I start?

>Totally new here
>I want to learn coding especially html
>I also want to learn the basics
How did you start learning and which online tutorials are best?

Attached: diy.png (1320x533, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/html/
web-algarve.com/books/MySQL & PHP/Learning PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, CSS & HTML5, 3rd Edition.pdf
ia802301.us.archive.org/31/items/pdfy-qJHbIXHENpab7WXn/Linux All-in-One For Dummies - Dulaney, Emmett.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Put Windows into the trash and get yourself some GNU/Linux.

Well first of all everyone is going to tell you html isn’t coding. If you want to start with html get a book and read. Then start building a website.

fpbp

OP this here is actually good advice. I wouldn't have learned much if I didn't have accessible bash scripts on Linux to help me bootstrap myself.

OP
Just tell me how to get started

I presume online tutorials would be best?

Yeah, either that or a book

Start with imagining and planning your website. Keep it as simple as possible - non-interactive text only website would be a good starting point. When that's done, start making it. If you don't know something - google it. Also, this website has a lot of good info on html w3schools.com/html/

thanks I will check it out

Buy a book and visit freecodecamp

Yeah man, GNU/Linux and W3Schools is all you need to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Ah so you wanna learn html.

Ok buddy, do you have 2 hours?

Try this book by Oreilly, it has HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Mysql and Javascript.
Pretty much everything you need to get started.

web-algarve.com/books/MySQL & PHP/Learning PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, CSS & HTML5, 3rd Edition.pdf

Don't forget GNU/Linux.

lurk

I need to know computing first

learn php

You must be a special kind of someone??

ia802301.us.archive.org/31/items/pdfy-qJHbIXHENpab7WXn/Linux All-in-One For Dummies - Dulaney, Emmett.pdf
It's a for dummies book but it should be a good enough starting point

This

You'll learn html anyways, you're gonna use it so often that you don't even need to "learn" it. Just do a 1 hour quick rundown.

it's true, though. if you actually did that you'd know that there's a web development general at Jow Forums.

I suggest you learn HTML5+CSS3 and make applications with local storage.

Then when you learn how to design a front end, persist data, and style it, you can move on to the back end stuff.

Waste of time to learn back end when you can focus solely on front end logic.