How do I disconnect from society and have the best chances of becoming a modern day Newton or even a Carmack?

How do I disconnect from society and have the best chances of becoming a modern day Newton or even a Carmack?

Attached: 12389231.jpg (800x800, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want to become one of em, you need a lot of practice, lots and lots and lots of practice.

you're either born one or you aren't
if you have no strong motivation or vision you aren't one

All the low hanging fruit has already been nabbed, user. Doing anything new and meaningful these days requires entire teams of people who are experts in multiple fields and millions of dollars in funding.

wrong

Wrong.

make sure you have plenty of lube so you don't chafe.

people said science had figured out everything in the 1800s
there are infinite low-hanging fruits
all you need to be able to do is see the ones that haven't been grabbed

I don't know about Carmack but Newton definitely had a few mental issues stemming from his alchemical practice and constant experimentation with quicksilver. Just snort some organic mercury compounds and you'd be good to go.

Sadly it's a lot easier to be the next Suckberg.
Coming up with something awfully lucrative and cancerous.

Bump

Theory of Relativity

This is what happy merchants want you to believe.
Everything Man needed from times immemorial, needs presently, and will ever need to be a genius, is to hearken God.

Thanks, brainnlet.

No need to thank me, godlet.

Trying to justify god is indeed a good mental exercise.
It's very hard to keep a literal 2000 year old idea that is now full of holes relevant.
Atheism on the other hand is quite brainlet because its just a "nuh uh! there's nothing there!"

>a literal 2000 year old idea
It is not "literal" like any proper Idea, and it existed long before Christianity, because of objective psychical factors and cultural needs.

Attached: jung-spirit-750x462.jpg (750x462, 62K)

Indeed.
But it was more resilient before, when it was an idea spread by the word of mouth rather than a fixed book, because it could adapt to the ever changing world.

A true Idea transmutates all the time. This only means that the Aeon of the Book (written word) is over. We are yet to see which forms the renewed Godhead of our age assumes.

Uh, luck out hard enough.

Sadly there's many people exploiting the need for a god in quite terrible ways.
Apple for example, or that plague that is at the moment named Social Justice.
This second one actually quite blatantly copies off some of the christian ideas and warp em terribly.

well, dragging the question of God on the tribune of common sense at the same time empties it from its substance
as long as the dogma of rational thought as perfect in itself dominates the minds, people will keep pondering self-defeating questions

Indeed.
If i was to "fix the bible", i would just propose that god says what is need to be said, not necessarily always the truth.

Reminder that Newton died a Virgin.

But if that is what you want... then go for it.

Attached: Newton died Virgin.jpg (345x345, 68K)

If one could prove a God, would that not put them in a moral predictament over whether they should disclose or keep it to themselves. Are you taking anything by not letting people discover it on their own?

i'm sure that was on purpose

Stop wasting your time on the internet.

You post a pic of st. Benedict, and ask about disconnecting from society?

Well, obviously you should enter a Benedictine monastery. Or maybe even a Charterhouse...

Become hermit

Attached: KS5xnvV.jpg (588x223, 24K)

This is the crux of all universalist religions.

This

Do you seriously think that (insert any famous mathematician) was able to concentrate for hours in the horrific monotony of his discipline just because one day he decided to develop a "work ethic"?

NO

He was born with that privilege. You will never be as good as them. Your retarded brain can't work on those productive disciplines for hours without getting distracted by useless shit. If you can't even do that then you will never be able to grasp the most advanced concepts in math.

People like Newton or Carmack (mathematicians) don't answer questions by working them out on paper the way schoolchildren are taught to. They do more in their heads: they try to understand a problem space well enough that they can walk around it the way you can walk around the memory of the house you grew up in. All of this requires that you are able to concentrate for longer periods of time, because any interruption can wipe your brain in 30 seconds.

Being a genius isn't about hours invested either
it's about being a visionary

Leftism is in essence a secular version of Christianity with most of its moral basis inverted.

that's wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start

Leftism is just Christianity without the god nonsense.

Attached: 12498219421.jpg (1482x620, 150K)

It's only possible to make a solo discovery today in something like math or theoretical physics. Scientific experiments are costly and you need a team to do them. Look up Yitang Zhang and Grigori Perelman. However, they have math PhDs and an extensive math education. They also have probably 160+ IQs. You need to be a true genuis, not some 13x IQ brainlet to contribute to pure math or physics, since almost all the low hanging fruit has been discovered.

You can be a great programmer and better than a lot of MS CS grads though on your own. I've meet a couple of genius self-though software engineers.

Attached: perelmansubway.jpg (600x179, 36K)

Its a very generalized description yes, but I don’t see how its wrong

this is a person who has no idea what it's like to be a genius

I would remove any and all notions and implication of an anthropomorphic God and Christian dualism for starters.

Are you gonna give me the feel good about yourself liberal crap of hurr durr everyone is special and a genius in their own way?

no, but it's not determined by IQ

>He was born with that privilege.
>privilege

There’s that word again.

That ’s like saying you are priviledged to be born with white skin. Its not a privilege, or chance, its a determined biological/genetic fact. Just call it ehat it is, a "trait", or "quality".

Are you the christcuck?

Fuck off, retard.

While I agree that IQ is not the end all and be all of success. Look at Christopher Langan. I consider IQ to be a good correlation with someone's "true intelligence."

being born with a high IQ or good health or attractiveness or social status is a privilege

it's not a measure of "genius" though, people who bring forth revolutionary inventions and ideas, like Newton

Forget the fruits, I am a lowly berry picker myself. I stumble upon berries that were discovered a millennia or more ago, and I am able to experience joy. It's all perspective. For example, imagine a civilisation that has discovered everything humanity has and much, much more, we should be humbled in the act of discovery. This act of discovery or the act of learning is a joy unto itself. We can only do it for a limited time, so enjoy it while you can, and I find that there really is no joy more rewarding than this.

yeah discovering things other people have discovered is really exciting

Yeah, why the hell not.

>He was blessed by God with superior IQ, an 8’ dong and non-shit colored skin.

Bless you!

What isn’t a privilege then? Isn’t existence in itself a privilege, or being put out of your misery by a stray bullet in contrast to that?

Bee yourself

You're not as intelligent as you think.

And privilege is ENTIRELY based on context. For some reason people can't understand that.

Lol Im from Maine and this guy is fucking based

are you asking to have the dictionary definition of 'priviledge' shown to you?

*privilege

>discovering things other people have discovered
If it is independently, then I don't see why it is not rewarding. If you wish to prove that what you have discovered was never discovered by no other entity in the history of the Universe, that is something else. Keep in mind that excitement never lasts.

I agree with the general idea but imagine if you were talking about the physical body and attempting to be Michael Jordan or some famous athlete, the truth is your innate ability falls far short of them, but yet relative to yourself you are capable of making vast improvements if you were to make a habit of improving yourself in that area, to your own limits.

Like with an arbitrary scale, you could say the genius is level 1000, and you may be level 100. But if you tried to consciously improve that score you may reach 200. Still far less than the genius, but you've become twice as smart.

This is just to reduce any pessimism around that feeling of futility of reaching "their" level. Your concern should be improving yourself to the best degree possible not reaching or surpassing them

Im good bro
amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO

What is the context in this this case, other than wishfully thinking of becoming a genius?

You got me. Its still a word used by mopy fucks with an inferiority complex.

>HOW DARE YOU BE BORN WITH THIS TRAIT, YOU PRIVILEGED SHITLORD!

you got triggered by him using the word in a neutral fashion

Are YOU actually fucking retarded?

The context is having an intellect that can produce incredible innovation.
Being privileged is being born more intelligent.

You're triggered because "da liburuls" use the same word?

Show me the liw hanging fruits people have found in the last 20 years. You can't because you're wrong. It would take an absolute revolutionary invention to give low hanging fruits to people again

Precisely, this.

Attached: Zeno.jpg (800x1181, 175K)

The key to master anything is to become detached from it

Attached: 600px-AlanWatts_Bio11.png (600x600, 335K)

cellphones
facebook, and every other web platform
machine learning

you genius level goes up at least 50 if you don't attach the busts of philosophers to your post

pleasant surprise seeing him on this board

The key to master anything is to become immersed in it

Attached: Nietzsche187a.jpg (1464x1986, 632K)

Autism brigade

The key to master anything is to become immersed in it then become detached from it

it would appear dishonest if I was not to include it

>he was a dictionary in his house

That's a lot of privilege you got there user.

>He thinks value of Christ is deduced through historical dialectics