Glasses thread. What do you wear, why, and are coatings a meme? What do you think about laser eye surgery?

Glasses thread. What do you wear, why, and are coatings a meme? What do you think about laser eye surgery?

Attached: hugo-boss-glasses-0885-0s2-54.jpg (800x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3m3t_b5kKd0
youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec
youtube.com/watch?v=dHIOi3UZR84
framesdirect.com/hugo-boss-black-boss-0884-eyeglasses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have pic related. With blue light filters. I like the slight amber tint it gets gives to everything.

Attached: 6702376_a2.jpg (638x423, 20K)

Currently wearing these, just with anti reflection and whatever anti-dirt, scratch and damp coatings they offered. I'm currently deciding if I should get the same in some kind of tortoishell as a spare, or if I should go for one of those light titanium ones.

Forgot pic like an idiot

Attached: GlassesMatteBLack.jpg (834x403, 16K)

Currently wearing these, with whatever coatings they offered and that one that makes them darker in sunlight.

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-09-25 21:58:34.png (497x172, 36K)

>that one that makes them darker in sunlight.
Transitions are gay.

I'm too lazy to carry around sunglasses.

I wear the exact same ones, lol

everybody I've met who wears transition glasses has been on the autistic spectrum. just an observation

>autistic spectrum
They let their mother choose their glasses.

Glasses are for fags. Wear contacts.

I wear these.

Attached: ENCACC-Vintage-Classic-Retro-Aviator-Spectacles-Eyeglasses-Sunglasses-Eyewear-Glasses-6812-SILVER-1- (1600x1600, 314K)

Fellow dutch or flemish bro?

They're a lot better than I expected for the +-60 euro I payed for them. I'm debating between getting these in another colour, the 'Clark' frames or one of their titanium frames. Just so I have a second pair of glasses as a spare or for when I want to switch things up a bit.

You guys are fags. Stop acting like glasses are a fashion accessory.

I threaded the arm of my glasses with fishing iine :-)

alternatively dont have shit genetics

I have a pair but they are shit because they go dark in like a few minutes but take much longer to go dark to light so you walk in to room looking like a fag with shades on for like 5 mins or more. Only wear mine basically as prescription sun glasses as the frames look fine as long as they stay in sunlight.

Contacts are good if you are just inside all day. But if you are outside they will get shit in them and make you cry in public. Getting shit stuck under contacts is a nightmare of blood.

>take much longer to go dark to light
That's why they are gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=3m3t_b5kKd0

Attached: gafas-telefunken.jpg (300x300, 63K)

Coatings usually work well, I like the anti-glare coating because without it I can see the reflection of my eyes in my glasses and it's a bit weird.
The drawback to coatings is they can scratch easily so you have to treat them more carefully than non-coated glasses.

Contacts are dishonest. They hide the fact that you are disabled and probably unsuitable to reproduce.

I've honestly considered getting Lasik. I may still get it, probably after I finally make a down payment on a house. Currently wearing plain glasses with nothing special.

I want it too but I want to know if it is safe yet.

If nearsightedness is genetic, and deleterious to reproductive success, it wouldn't exist. Maybe it allowed men to choose uglier women, or vice versa, which made it a benefitcal mutation for reproductive fitness.

Lasik is great, had it myself and can see perfectly now. Got mine done for around 1700$ per eye.

For those of you who have horrific eyesight like me and are not eligible for lasik, there are alternatives.

I had artificial lenses implanted, pic related, which I recommend if anyone's looking for options.

Attached: Visian_Implantable_Collamer_Lens.jpg (320x240, 9K)

Fromwhat I've read, Lasik a shit. They ''burn'' a permanent contact lens in your eye, in the beginning you'll feel great but as time passes your vision becomes shit again. I could be wrong though but Lasik is iffy for sure

No that's not quite how it goes. You are thinking of the really old laser surgery.

I doubt Lasik is worth it.

They basically fuck up your vision and it'll feel great in the short term and your eyes will go shit again, and you'll have to go to Lasik again

Don't get that Jewish lasik.

which ones are these? getting new frames and my eyes checked in a few months and these are bretty gud

Are polycarbonate lenses worth the extra price or are the basic cr39 lenses good enough?

I've got these thin-ish index 1.67 CR39 lenses and I'm plenty happy with them. I don't really have a frame of reference for polycarbonate lenses though, so take that with a grain of salt.

You'll look like a rapist.

Attached: il_570xN.1129111563_mihn-300x300[1].jpg (300x300, 10K)

glasses only work on qt girls

Attached: 35617929_321535545053429_1331226079762841600_n.jpg (1080x1349, 138K)

Attached: bi 2498.jpg (407x124, 5K)

>mfw editing the xorg.conf on my Arch thinkpad with emacs

I generally don’t wear glasses because I like the ability of not seeing the ugliness and filth around me.

These guys with a trimmed beard, moustache and man bun at work. Hair down to my shoulders, plaid and a dirty 2600 ball cap when I’m out.

Attached: D2DBFA78-5DF2-49CB-95D2-182C074F5A63.png (800x448, 93K)

polycarb recommended if your prescription is more than 4.00 diopters.
Go for high inedex if your Rx is over 6.00 diopters, and go for the ultra high index (1.74) if your Rx is over 9.00 Diopters
These numbers are estimates, and you want to go up a grade if you have significant astigmatism.

Personally I wear basic metal frames with 1.74 index digital aspheric lenses with crizal sapphire anti-reflective coating. My Rx is about -10.50 in each eye.

Additional note. If your rx is between 3.00-6.00, and you have the money, go for Trivex lenses. It's like a higher optical grade of polycarb with just superior optics and less chromatic aberration. And it's safety rating is almost as good as Poly.

Attached: refractive index thickness.jpg (918x588, 128K)

I never thought i would see a video of this guy linked on Jow Forums of all places

Fun fact: Took me the whole song to solve the captchas for this reply

Dysgenics is a thing, user

Tele tele
Rafael

Look at all the nerds

i cant find a normal pair of matte black wayfarer style glasses anywhere. i checked some 20 different shops and every pair i tried either had some weird decorations, colors or unusual shape. im afraid of buying online if i dont know how they will fit me. what do i do?

how important is the thinning of the lens really? will my eyes not look so small if i get the thinnest possible lens for -6.5? or is it only visible from the side?

I got a really good deal on my glasses. I was shopping around and everywhere wanted several hundreds of dollars for glasses, but I found a glasses store with an in-house optometrist that hooked me up with a $30 eye exam and glasses with high index lenses for $100. It was crazy cheap because other places wanted over $100 JUST for the high index lenses upgrade

Attached: 1vj42k[1].jpg (500x572, 59K)

frameless master race reporting in.

Attached: 25663686-angled-2000x1125.jpg (2000x1125, 79K)

those bend too easy and those nosebridge pads wedge into your nose leaving unsightly red marks.

thick frame glasses with this style of noserest is the way to go

Attached: 1600_41_1[1].jpg (2000x1000, 68K)

>which ones are these?
Tey usually offer free ones to people on obongo care and there are really cheap ones like $15 section for low income people and these are usually in there with them. They obviously want you to buy the expensive ones but tell them to fuck off and show you the cheaper ones. Or just get your frames online for a fraction of the price and just get your lenses through them.

Anyone ever get your prescription from your eye doctor and then buy the lenses and frames online?

I am 25. 95% of people my age and 7~ years younger have to use glasses or contacts. I don't. How can so many people be this disabled in such a basic thing?

Attached: .jpg (800x450, 30K)

good brand. I like proclear personally

If you do go that route, make sure to get the measured distance between your eyes. I forgot what it's called, but you're going to need that if you go to order glasses online and it isn't always on your prescription printout.

I have. Currently wearing them and plan on getting another pair soon.

Just make sure you have a measurement of your pupillary distance. They should be able to measure this at your appointment, but if they can't, it's pretty easy to measure yourself.

I bought glasses from Zenni once. Much cheaper, but the frames are pretty flimsy, and not really feel like they fit securely. I prefer to get them from a brick and mortar optical where there are people available to help me troubleshoot if there is a problem with them.

>tfw insurance pays for my lenses with all the meme coatings in full and gives me over $300 for the frame
keep slaving away at those desks salarycucks while us unionized civil servants live the life while doing literally nothing

Attached: bad.png (498x497, 164K)

Heavy redpill on glasses and the stores that sell them. They are all owned by Luxottica. The frames, the lenses and all of the stores in europe and the US. Every single brand there is just about is owned by these people. The botnet works in strange ways. youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec

But won't they not let you have it? Won't they get mad I am not buying from them?

I've got a pair with some kind of fancy blue reflectivity, Costco sold it as helping with people who look at computer screens a lot in the dark. it really does reflect a lot of blue light away, everything looks slightly more yellow through them, and everybody else who sees any glare from my glasses sees blue colored glare.

I think its a gimmick but there are a lot of people out there who go out of there way to reduce blue hues coming from their screens. I only notice the color shift for about 1 second after putting the glasses on, very easy to work with, not really intrusive at all. My biggest dislike with it is the way other people see blue glare.

They shouldn't.

They should give you a slip of paper with all or most of the info you'll need. Might not have your PD. The place I went to didn't use PD so I had to measure it myself.

i wear cheaters to read, and yellow tints for screens at night

-1.5 and -1.25
started wearing them a few months ago and i'm 28
FUCK eye surgery

Attached: DSC_0546.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

pupillary distance
you can check it at home by yourself with a mirror and ruler, or more easily with the help of another person. just much handier to get it from the person that fits your glasses. its usually not even an optometrist that does that part, whoever is helping you fit and order glasses does it.

titanium frames, high-quality plastic lenses. 0 scratches for months now. i don't think i paid more than $150 for the eye exam and glasses.

Heatenings

now that I think about it, I bet you could hold a ruler right in front of your eyes and take a selfie. go back and measure the distance between both pupils and the center of your nose. probably a lot easier than the old mirror technique

Pupillary Distance :^)

>those nosebridge pads wedge into your nose leaving unsightly red marks.
only if you're a fucking idiot with heavy glasses

how the fuck do i not pay 400 dollars for a pair of glasses

Buy online.
youtube.com/watch?v=dHIOi3UZR84
framesdirect.com/hugo-boss-black-boss-0884-eyeglasses

>everybody I've met who wears transition glasses has been on the autistic spectrum
Why might that be? They sound quite convenient and practical, albeit potentially annoying if they don't change fast enough. Is there any particular reason autists would like them and not others?

The thinkpad of glasses.

Oh god getting the prescription in store is going to be awkward as fuck.
I realize these nignogs have fucked me out of thousands of dollars over my life but still.
They give you the firm handshake and tell you thanks for being a valued customer and then kike me for 300 dollar pair of lens.

Just do it then. Also see they are a serious monopoly.

of course, my doc's office up-charges the fuck out of lenses/frames

I like the guy, but I'm not paying an extra $100 or so to get glasses from him.

>What do you wear
A pair of glasses.
>why
Because I can't see shit without them.
>and are coatings a meme?
yes
>What do you think about laser eye surgery?
no

-0,5 glasses from tiger for 4 euros.
I could not be happier

wtf this is terrible
every minute of that video I was like well I guess it can't get worse
and then it did
all the way till the end

Considering the Eyevan E-0020

Attached: ev.jpg (2592x1728, 366K)

the eye doctor is two separate businesses. one side is a medical facility that checks your eye health and writes your prescription. the other side is an eyeglass frame retailer.

when you or your insurance pays for an eye exam, you're buying that doctor signed piece of paper. you can get your glasses wherever you want.

I've been considering similar looking frames, but it just feels weird seeing these thin metal frames on my face after wearing thick-ish acetate frames for a while.

Acetate frames are fucking gay.

memory metal where we at

LASIK is too immature a technology. the fact that you need follow up "corrections" is proof of that. just wait for a breakthrough unless you're a dying boomer.

>neutral black frames are gay
Okay bro, whatever you say.

This is why I stopped wearing them, they're fucking annoying.

Any faggot here had laser surgery? My sight has been in free fall since I got into college and Im getting to a point where not having glasses becomes real hazard. I can't even say how much I don't want glasses or contact lenses. Please tell me the surgery works and sight doesn't go back to shit after a year

it will revert after a while and you will need a follow up. also you will need to wear sunglasses with real UV blocker lenses(that is, not those cheap csg glasses) or you will damage your eyes

It lasts longer than it used to but it is not a perfect solution. Get it if you want but every 5 years you will need to do a correction which is way cheaper than lasik itself. As time moves on it will become even more cheap and even longer lasting so consider doing it. The military does it to tens of thousands a year.

>not those cheap csg glasses
Ehh /csg/ did a comparison between $400 ray bans and $12 ones and they were the exact same thing and had the same UV protection.

>consumerism thread pretending to be tech related

My grandmother got it done years ago. She had a shit ton of problems many years later(like 10 years, I think). She had to have it redone, and a bunch of other shit. She's now about blind, but she's also 84.

And it isn't as if metal frames that are built to last are expensive to make either. In 1990 I bought a pair of Fossil sunglasses for $60, took them to an optician to put prescription lenses in, and still wear them after 4 changes of lens. Luxottica was a separate but pricey brand then, and until this episode aired I didn't know they had quietly annexed most of the industry.

where at?

I wear none. 20/20 for over three decades. I wonder where god went wrong to make so many fucked up eyeballs.

>you will need to wear sunglasses with real UV blocker lenses(that is, not those cheap csg glasses) or you will damage your eyes
fuck, that is a mayor downside. Where I live there are over 2400 sunshine hours per year
>every 5 years you will need to do a correction
not too bad
>The military does it to tens of thousands a year
well, that only proves it is good short term solution. I don't think military really cares for long term good being of its soldiers
could you be more specific?
when did she have surgery, at what age and what was her condition? what problems did she have later? what did she have to do?

I want to get contacts so I can stop looking like a piece of shit CS incel