Networking is hard

Networking is hard.
I am learning the basics of it in my comptia 901 class but it is like stumping the entire class.

Is networking REALLY that hard or is it in our heads?
How do I practice networking stuff?

Attached: final fantasy Garnet Til Alexandros XVII.jpg (460x745, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

subnettingquestions.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Cracks open a can of Monster
See, you have to go down to the office and just shake everyone's hand. THAT'S how networking is done!
>Sip

It's actually easy, it's just memorization and hands on learning.

>walks up to you

monster is bad for you

>smacks you in the face.

It's not hard, it's just many years of development of various protocols which you have to memorise. Cumbersome, but not hard.

I def need some hands on learning but the concepts dont really seem that tough tbqh

cringe
based

Attached: 1535670615106.gif (276x241, 60K)

The problem is that half the networking shit doesn't ever come up. When in the real world are you gonna see WiMax, or any ethernet topology other than star? Never, but it's on the tests and in the courses anyway.

>How do I practice networking stuff?
First, stop being a disgusting attention whoring anime pedo fag.

Theorical networking is easy.
But then reality comes banging your door, eating your packets and filling your network with complete idiots doing stupid shit, and an even stupidier boss that makes endless demands on shit it's impossible to do.

>
>cringe
>
>based
degenerate

Kids these days don't respect their elders!
When I was your age, I'd give my boss a shoe shine every morning and I was lucky if I got an extra nickle on my pay for it!

What you lack is that "get up and go", the "pull yourself up from your bootstraps" mentality. I bet you don't even own a house! I own THREE and two of them are empty because none of you kids want to pay the FAIR MARKET RATE on 'em! While I was busy dodging the draft, I worked full time schmoozing with clients. You're too busy with your facebooks and all that on your computers to see what's around you! Get off your computers and maybe you'll actually find a job working on those computers you love so much!

what are you, 30? Ok, gramps its time for your meds.

It's all about being paranoid, on your toes (this is why you see lots of network admins drinking monsters)

Yeah, actually. I'm just memeing. I don't even drink monster. Just repeating the garbage I've heard actual boomers say.

>Why are you apply for jobs online?
>Because they only take applications online
>There's a phone number right there. Just call them!
>Ugh. Fine.
>Hi, I'd like to apply for the position of...
>Oh, yeah. You have to apply on the website.

are you 16 years old?

I literally just answered that. I'm 30.

Just very much information to remember. Most of it is trivially easy. It's the brainlet branch of a brainlet science, that's why I'm in it

*crack* *sip* YEAH JUST GIVE EM A FIRM HANDSHAKE SON

You've failed the test zoomer. Next time ask for the general manager.

They say once you understand the OSI and TCP/IP models it gets easier. I'm self studying for the networking cert too after I realized the hardest is gonna be the security cert for me. Already got the A+ so that helped.

Attached: Figure36-1.png (563x575, 19K)

>class
Oh nevermind, looks like it's gonna be easier for you. Make sure you ask questions google can't help you with. That's why you're there.

Yeah I know how it works in theory. But mentally its hard to apply the concepts and understand them idk.

The hardest part is memorizing all the acronyms.

Hang in there you pussy, were in this together and come out together. See you on the IT department.

Attached: Michael-Scott-Sad-Face-Funny-Picture.jpg (982x1024, 67K)

>Networking is hard.
>I am learning the basics of it in my comptia 901 class but it is like stumping the entire class.
>Is networking REALLY that hard or is it in our heads?
>How do I practice networking stuff?
Dude, you're taking a class for the A+ cert? You're wasting your time and money. If you think that course is difficult, you either have a really shitty teacher, or you're a dumbass. You're not even in a networking course.

oh shit I though it was for the networking cert, is OP braindead?

Attached: 1519509754827.jpg (645x729, 59K)

Yeah, or trolling.

its an accelerated college class. i get credit for it
7 weeks instead of 14

let me guess, amerimutt?

All of the comptia certs are for brainlets. They are a negative on your resume/CV. Do CCNA/RHCSA/OSCP instead of network+/linux+/security+.

They why do so many security contractors look for them? Comptia certs are gonna get your foot in the door like help desk/grind jobs but of course don't expect to be a sysadmin with them.

I think saying they're worthless is dishonest since so many IT "professionals" lack a lot of things A/N/S teaches you.

>They why do so many security contractors look for them?
The Government requires them. It's part of the reqs in the contract. Nobody has that shit though. I don't have any certs, it's all experience.

Then good for you but if someone has no experience comptia certs do help. College + interships trump that but not everyone is wealthy or smart enough to afford college.

Join the military. Nobody is going to hire someone with just a cert and no experience. What's the fucking point of paying someone that you have to teach the job to? You might as well do the fucking job yourself. Enjoy your helpdesk job.

>no experience so you need to get some through a job
>can't get a job because they want experience
>can't get experience because you can't get a job
>can't get a job because they want experience

>Join the military.
or
>lie on your resume.
You're not getting a job anywhere in telecommunications without experience. The whole point of telecommunications is to keep the network up. Industry standard is 99%+ up time all year. If shit goes down, you have to know how to troubleshoot and fix the problem fast. That takes experience. If you have an outage and don't know what to do, and it takes the next shift to fix it, you're fucked.

make a homelab/set up a VM environment and connect a bunch of things together

By using
> literally
In a wrong way, you just literally shown that you are like 16, basically.

I don't wanna get shot ;_;. I already worry about that enough when I go to a grocery store or the movies.

You don't need to go combat arms, dude.

ya

youre a moron

the only hard part of networking is acronym spam
otherwise it's really easy to learn, just get some equipment and make mistakes, then fix the mistakes

also for tests, practice this a few times a day
subnettingquestions.com/

>When you're so good at networking that you need a /8 to properly address all your contacts

Favorited.
Thank u

sounds similar to CS

>have to take classes involving proofs
>job interviews include whiteboarding problems that involve niche algorithms and data structures
>when you actually get the job, 99% of what you do is just iterating over arrays