Can we have a serious thread about the future of the Linux Operating System?

Can we have a serious thread about the future of the Linux Operating System?

Will Linux be replaced by Fuchsia in the near future?

Attached: Linus.jpg (1200x900, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/linus-torvalds-steps-back-communication,37801.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>in the near future

No

Linus "hold my beer while I put 3 seperate raid 5 arrays into a raid 0 array and not keep backups" Tech Tips.

Attached: yeaahhh.gif (200x199, 679K)

wtf

Attached: 1537907867227-1-1.jpg (268x360, 22K)

Isn't he cute.
Do you think Linux fucked him?

Attached: linus.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I thought it was a burkha and was readying for typical Jow Forums bullshitstorm.

But it's a Grimacing Cokie Monster

He is incompetent. Linux is doomed

backstory?

>He thinks linux is an operating system
lel

Attached: 20170501_030349.png.d4553c6f048c00f19fd030fea10f73c6.png (1079x717, 722K)

>

Attached: Maxine-Tamoto-Feet-3022195.jpg (750x937, 131K)

I want that jaw

>Will Linux be replaced by Fuchsia in the near future?
Will the OS kernel that runs probably half or more of the world's economy (removing it would crash it MORE badly than that) be replaced by something that even on the drafting board doesn't feature nearly the same features?

No.

BRRRRAAAAAPPP

Networkless/Temple OS is the future

Not likely, since first it would need to get tons of support from software developers and hardware manufacturers.
Beside currently we don't even know if it's supposed to become an alternative for Linux, maybe Google develops it just for embedded devices and IoT.

Attached: Maxine Tamoto 2.jpg (1080x1349, 143K)

Attached: 1524417979639.jpg (640x1136, 726K)

Please tell me the way I can legally cum inside >her mouth.

Attached: 5673648374.jpg (1280x854, 174K)

Attached: 8485373747473.jpg (960x1280, 313K)

They've already been developing a GUI and Vulkan support, so it's clearly not just for IoT shit.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 2FC3DFB1-FFEB-4B1D-A306-6EAAB3316EAA.jpg (827x620, 146K)

Attached: 686475747545.jpg (1080x1350, 151K)

Didn't know Linus hired hookers

post the one where maxine shows her penis

Only in android/certain embedded appliances.
Writing a kernel is one thing, but Linux comes with six gorillion drivers, all under GPLv2. Nobody is going rewrite those under a cuck license just so you can use fuschia on everything Linux currently runs on.

What a cry for attention.

Is she shitting ?

Shitting on Linux

The thing is that Linux comes with a lot of drivers for really old shit. Despite the reputation Linux used to have for shaky driver support, I've had a much easier time using my ancient scanner on Linux (I just plug it in and it's instantly recognized and works) than on Windows (on XP it'd get stuck, and on 7 the drivers completely refuse to install for it). Since modern tech companies only care about supporting the latest thing, Google can just ignore the 90% of drivers in Linux that target old shit and instead focus on copying the drivers for newer things. Or better yet, since they're Google and are powerful enough to do this, write the driver first and then dictate for the hardware manufacturers to build hardware that's compatible with their drivers that they make.

Youre advertising yourself again Linus.
Fuck off

Sadly I have to agree.

But kinda this is why I'm glad we have Linux. Fuck consumerism, if you want to use that shit from 20 years ago and it still works you can still use it.
Few years ago a literal Pajeet found a bug in the LPT port floppy driver stack in Linux which could result in privilege escalation or some serious shit. The bug was fixed faster than you can say "buyers remorse".

I'd expect React OS to replace Linux first, at least on the desktop

Maxine Tomato is using her bull ring and blue hair to let us know she's damaged

No she brappin

Attached: C84C218F-008A-48EF-979B-721280ACE16D.jpg (830x468, 28K)

Wait... Is Linus's wife an SJW? Is that why she has blue hair?

>wife

wat

Fo sho Linus hit that. That's probably why she left.

Attached: 1532874048692.png (1010x1010, 1.04M)

Maybe I'm only just now noticing this because I started using Tinder a week ago, but why do like 45% of women have septum piercings? Is it the new fad or something?

Same, I thought it was a muzzie in a hijab, not a blue-haired freak with cleft palate.

Blue hair
Always a warning

does she came with a 10 inch cock with that jaw?

poo in loo

Women are whores of Babylon

Settle down Satan.

I've noticed that a lot of Fuchsia development is geared towards ARM64. At the same time it is projected that ARM processors will gain significant % in the ultrabook market. Google already makes such a device (Pixelbook). So basically Fuchsia will run on the Pixelbook, Pixel phone and maybe a Pixel tablet. Maybe a slimmed down version will run on the Pixel watch. It's sort of what Apple is doing and has been trying to do with converging their iOS and MacOS platforms on their devices. Google is going to build this from the ground up.

If it is as useless as ChromeOS than no.

I wonder if ol' linus fucked max. They seemed to have a chemistry about them...

a boy can dream

That's not his wife you stupid nigger

cia nigger

Attached: athf-s05e02-sirens.jpg (425x253, 13K)

She is so goddamn ugly/weird looking.

i'd hit it though.

same she thiccy

Would still smash

Attached: 482883424824.png (640x1136, 1.26M)

This is plausible, Google has been trying hard to become like Apple for some time.
Except that a Google with Apple's market share in mobiles and their surveillance track record would truly be a 1984 situation.

No one in this thread even knows what fuchsia is and OP is a Google shill. We know, your gay as event is coming up.

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-224713.png (1080x1920, 415K)

Why didn't we listen to Terry?
Why didn't we listen to God?

Silly woman, that's a forest, not rural Punjab.

hate to tell you this but that jaw is contoured via makeup

Do you think Linus ever boned her?

She boned him with a big black strap on.

Even better

Attached: maxine.jpg (1706x1198, 489K)

It's not like the left touches up her chin. I do that same thing with my face when I smile - the whole mouth area moves up, greatly exaggerating the chin area.

If you're going bare bones, might as well go with FreeDOS while you're at it, faggot.

who's this landwhale and why is everyone posting pictures of her? gtfo

Epytome of 3DPD.

dios mio

Linux replaced proprietary Unices in two decades.
It won't be strange if Linux is the DOS of 2040.

Why does >her mouth have creases. Never seen that before in my life
Must be freak surgery

The "Linux Operating System" doesn't exist. What exists is the GNU operating system running on top of Linux, a kernel.
None of which will be replaced by Fuchsia in the near future because:
1. Fuchsia is a phone/tablet OS. Not a desktop or server OS.
2. Most of the users running GNU do it on servers or desktop and Linux has plenty of uses in embedded systems. Android is not GNU or Linux, and as such its disappearance wouldn't really change anything in that regard.
3. The most important tech companies; Alphabet, Microsoft and Amazon rely on GNU and/or Linux for their business:
3.1 Most of Alphabet's servers run GNU/Linux and it's used by many of their engineers. Changing the OS would be unfeasible and unnecessary.
3.2 Microsoft is selling GNU as their Unix compatibility layer for Windows (wrongly called "Linux Subsystem for Windows 10" since there's literally no Linux code running at all, it's the GNU OS running on top of the NT kernel) and also they're selling several GNU/Linux distros for their Azure servers.
3.3 Amazon relies on GNU/Linux for their AWS servers and their entire server backbone runs on top of GNU/Linux.
3.4 I'm not really sure about Apple. They might be using GNU/Linux on their servers, FreeBSD or a modified version of either. Either way they wouldn't change them for Fuchsia the same way they haven't replaced WebKit with Blink.
4. Android is still an Open Source operating system. Even if Alphabet replaced their phone OS with Fuchsia, the community will continue to develop and maintain Android for several years; especially now that Project Treble makes it trivial to develop and install custom ROMs.

So no, Fuchsia isn't going to replace GNU or Linux any time soon.

Attached: SuccessProbability0-DR04-EN-C-UE.png (400x580, 613K)

Cope

Yes, Fuchsia will be backdoored and is likely co-developed with CIA / NSA / etc.

It will be superior to Linux b/c those parties have infinite resources and will pressure companies to adopt.

This is how they roll.

and then the chinese will use the same door to spy on everyone

KIM PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTON

Um, sweety, the Linux operating system has existed since the 1990s.

Attached: linus_corrects_rms_8560.jpg (806x938, 303K)

This clearly is in violation of the new CoC.

It is also fake.

my god americans are hideous

tomshardware.com/news/linus-torvalds-steps-back-communication,37801.html

The CoC will kill this abomination!

Attached: 8278DEF0-5403-45F1-A2A9-8E4893D031F9.png (923x784, 124K)

>americans

True woman have a strong jawline. True Jow Forumsentoomen understand this.

He has a wife.

Oh, right, having a wife makes one impotent and plumbers libido.
Just like consuming products of s oh i

>Except that a Google with Apple's market share in mobiles and their surveillance track record would truly be a 1984 situation.

What is Android for $1000 Alex

>her
hmm

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-15 Are Sound Cards Still Relevant Sound BlasterX AE-5 - YouTube.png (722x406, 543K)

She's cute, but I bet she's a raging feminazi.

0/10 didn't read not in a copy pasta format.

Nothing is going to happen in the near future because the threats of devs to pull code are empty and the people at the top realize this. That said, linux will probably continue going in a 'post-meritocracy' direction for ordinary devs since they know there wont be any real resistance while development will be lead by corporations

Attached: 1518334739813.jpg (500x374, 27K)

incompatible genes.

10/10

how so?

oh no someone is bending a fake lotus..

Being totally honest, I thought Fuchsia was a replacement kernel for Android, not an entire Android replacement. I tend to ignore the phone world because I only buy a new phone when mine is absolutely and completely fucked after 3-4 years of use.

my nexus5 us still going strong. had to replace power button, and battery is meh. i even tether off it and average 100GB/mo

I use a Nexus 6, I just bought a new battery for it and audio jack since i fucked it up getting the cord caught on something. I plan on replacing both during the weekend.

In that Linus wrote no such thing, and it's just a shoop.

TREYWEY