How long till this is standard practice in the West?

How long till this is standard practice in the West?

Attached: yikes.jpg (1080x1097, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Snowden disclosed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingwang_Weishi
homeaffairs.gov.au/about/consultations/assistance-and-access-bill-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends how popular the left is. Probably a long time.

Australian Government is already talking about making this mandatory.

probably never because this is stupid and unsophisticated
but get ready to hear all of the chinknese people tell how it's totally the same thing with google and facebook and everything else in the west and how it validates their own cunty tactics.
it's not wrong, but being so visible and blatant about surveillance is just dumb, and west has figured that out, it does that shit in the back and doesn't come out with stupid controversies like this. the way things are done in the west, you'll never be asked or forced into something, you'll just be covered

Use a senior phone. The ones that were used before the smartphone.
Or get an iPhone

This is smart as fuck though
>make people install "spying" app
>the people that don't have it or manage to remove it think they're safe
>still spy from alternative means

Unnecessary in the West, the government will work directly with corporations

Yes, it was the left that introduced the Snoopers' Charter and similar things

already is

Hey user, you receive company email on your personal phone so we're gonna need to install a mobile device manager in case you ever go rogue. We will be able to see your data usage, your location, apps installed, and are now enabled to wipe your data without your discretion because we own you little bitch. Suck my fat corporate cock you wagecuck then get back to work.

to be honest, people shouldn't use smartphones to begin with
Snowden warned everyone this was coming

>if it doesn't have a fancy UI or touchscreen it's not capable of spying on me
MUH DUM PHONES

Not him but, are you fucking dumb? The amount of spying on a smartphone possible is an order of magnitude more than a dumb phone that can only send and receive SMS and make cellular calls.

I doubt my LG cells are scanning and uploading to some server my recordings in Notepad and Voice Recorder.

What the fuck? Outside of convenience, dumbphones have practically the same feature set.
>mic
>location tracking
>camera
>text
Please tell me these "amounts of spying" that are possible on smartphones but not dumbphones.

Keep your private stuff on a pentium 4 offline computer. Is it really that hard?

>camera
frontal cameras generally aren't a thing
>Please tell me these "amounts of spying" that are possible on smartphones but not dumbphones.
Everything having to do with apps.

Who gives a shit? Android is a dying beast anyway. iOS isn't any better.
Next you're gonna try to scare me with a mandatory UWP app

>Android is a dying beast anyway
Stop making your own Jenkem dude

You'd rather it be behind your back (against your constitution/human rights) than in your face with clear disclosures and consequences?

Holy shit you fucking retarded mongoloid. A wealth of applications for fucking everything are on smartphones, but not dumbphones. Are you that dumb that you forgot this?

>Jingwang

Chinks have some funny sounding words

There's nothing but "the left" in Western countries.

It's already behind your back in the West

>a device that knows everything about you through 4 separate inputs is more secure because it doesn't run third party apps
This is your brain on drugs.

This. Communists don't look under your bed for antirevolutionary material any more.

Yes because the left passed the Patriot act and dissolved net neutrality.

Try harder next time bootlicker

Not MORE SECURE, LESS INFORMATION LOGICALLY SPEAKING

STUPID FUCKING CUNT

It is though. It's become the Windows of mobile OSes. It's even worse off than Windows because Google literally has a replacement in highly active development.

>i'm being fucked in my ass, but at least my mouth is safe
>I FUCKING WIN HAHAHA
This is you rn. You actually believe that a dumbphone is a solution because it sends less data lmao.
>to be honest, people shouldn't use smartphones to begin with
>Snowden warned everyone this was coming

What the fuck even is the point of a phone? I don't have any friends to call or text.

There are only 3 things a smart phone gives me: maps for when I'm lost, emergency communication, and the ability to shitpost while shitting.
Fuck the maps, I think I'll carry paper.

nice you made a funny

No, it was the left (Liberal Democrats) who torpedoed the snoopers charter during the Coalition government.

Or:
>spy from alternative means
>nobody modifies their behavior and you get better intel

I've found they're usually not spelled phonetically in English. It would look really retarded and hard to read if spelled phonetically so they just romanize it to the nearest approximation, which isn't always very approximate.

if a company wants control over that stuff, they issue company phones.

>Snowden
Fuck that faggot, people fucking knew about it for years. Nobody listened before it was too late to stop it or undo it. He stirred the pot for a couple years and that's it, ask any fucking random asshole on the street about him or what he disclosed and you'll get a blank stare.

What did he disclose?

This is legitimately concerning

>net neutrality was good
I'll give you the Patriot act though.

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Snowden disclosed

I think I'll go to the next thread instead.

It's not even standard practice in China:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingwang_Weishi
I think if we get to that point, we've long lost the war.

I believe that unironically as things get worse, those old computers will become a more and more precious commodity.
If it not were for the bloated web, you could pretty much do most day to day work in software development in a old PIV, and offload the compilation tasks to faster computers that aren't connected to the Internet.
That's assuming that encryption doesn't get banned and you get forced to install a root CA cert like it's done in Turkey already.

If it's offline, what does it matter which processor you use?

You're the one imaginging shit I didn't even say you retarded nigger. Enjoy being a stallman-tier NEET autist. You're still being spied on. If you don't have a phone you don't have a job, you're a poorfag, your opinion doesn't matter

Net neutrality was at least a band aid solution to the fact that carriers are monopolistic and often vertically integrated with content owners.
What should happen is county owned local loops with SMF pair to every house. Then we'd get actual competition between ISPs, not just regional monopolies that would kind of be kept in check by NN.

Repealing NN with no intention of changing anything else is just a pure pro business move at the expense of everyone else.

This. Conservatives are slightly left of center, Liberals are slightly left of Marx.

>let's give municipalities monopolies over the internet infrastructure, that's REAL competition!
You're mentally retarded. Local governments were the ones blocking competition in the first place because they have final say over wire laying

Here's what I'm proposing:
State or local government is responsible for ensuring a fiber pair is run from every building that requests one, to a central office.
Any ISP can come put their equipment in the CO and establish a PoP.
Residents can then choose between any of those ISPs.

Hell, it wouldn't even be that hard to automate it, but probably would cost less to just have the cable management team patch the buildings in manually.

>How long till this is standard practice in the West?
It would never work in the west.

>Show me your phone.
Show me a warrant.
>I don't have one.
On what charges am I being detained?
>None.
Fuck off, I'm leaving.

>I don't have any friends to call or text.
lmao what a loser

lmao, implying the right wouldn't want the same thing.

There really is nothing more pathetic than being a partisan hack.

I was being sarcastic

I find it ironic there are privacy concerned people on a site that uses google recaptcha.

>AM I BEING DETAINED??
>AM I BEING DETAINED???
>I AM A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN
>YOU FUCKING PIGS

>Police in China have reportedly forced Uyghurs in Xinjiang to download the app, as part of a mass surveillance campaign

>uyghurs are whole cities

kek this they made an app that spies only on the muslim population
but somehow buzzfeed twisted this so badly that almost you could call it propaganda

oh wait..

But I have nothing to hide.

Oh you’re not one of those guys are you

Nigga wut

>Be me.
>Buy old second hand Nokia 3310.
>Can't install apps.
>Government can't spy on me on my phone.
>Get VPN for pc.
>Watch irrelevant wierd shit on YouTube with smart tv.

>How long till this is standard practice in the West?
Implying this isn't already standard practice in the West
Implying the West needs an extra snooping app
Implying the only reason the Chinese do this isn't the worse state of Chinese technology
Implying Google Play Services aren't the snooping app
Implying Firefox and Chrome/ium don't already send the links you visit, the searches you do, the hashes of the files you download to "The Cloud (tm)" for "your own safety'
Implying you can really turn off telemetry in browsers and OSes because it's for "your own good"
Implying the Linux kernel won't have a cryptographically signed wrong-think-alert module as necessitated by the big fat CoC of "social progressivism"

The Woods are the only option to get off the grid
Your guns are your only weapon to take back your freedom

This isn't about ideology, this is about protecting humanity and stopping the human instrumentality irl

You either stand with humans or with anti-humans

Attached: papers.co-nh29-nature-wood-forest-sunshine-mountain-6-wallpaper.jpg (1024x1024, 394K)

>implying you need something installed in the main OS to be spied on
There are at least 5 OSes in a modern phone: the main OS (Android/iOS), the bootloader, the one in the radio, the Trustzone, the one in the SIM, and who knows what else.
Even with a degoogled Android you can't escape the botnet.

Xinjiang is 45% Uyghur

Atleast when it's behind my back I can take measures against it without being jailed for not wanting it you fucking moron.
In my case, the gobermint is the one under fire dor trying to spy. In your case you're the one under fire for not wanting the gobermint to spy on you. Both situations are not the same.

>show me a warrent
>>what warrent? As a result of laws passed within 24 hours of 9/11 I can now detain you without a warrent. Heh, nothing personnel kid.

Alright, it all depends on kind of dumbphone. If its capable of running something that can spy on you.

Joe Biden, Obama's VP, was one of the primary drafters of the PATRIOT ACT, you Leftist retard.

What happens if you don't have a phone. Does the government give you a free phone?

>not intended to be a factual news source
never change ButtFeed

>he thinks the pro-capital, pro-finance, pro-authority democrat establishment run a leftist party
all of you, go back

>can't afford an 80$ device
How poor are the chinks?

id get a dumbphone at that point

It already happens. Android and iOS have this functionality natively.

Attached: PRISM_Companies_Start_Denying_Knowledge-8b08cc9829affb586737938daf03b078.png (614x383, 213K)

The renminbi is in a bad place right now, Euros, USDs and even pounds are used in China
Everybody in this thread is obviously being facetious.

Already is.
See Linux CoC.

the point is china is targetting a specific muslim minority that sort of happens to be the one that constantly pulls terror attacks on china

This might push people to not carry phones, I can only wish

source?

Oh, they're only targeting a specific minority of 45%, I guess in that case it's okay and it's completely unreasonable to say they're targeting whole cities.

More like conservatives are to the right a bit but capitulate on everything so it doesn't matter.

the 'west' doesn't operate like this.
china's state surveillance apparatus, while technically sophisticated, is socially quite primitive. in cases like china, the state has a fairly small margin of error and the margin gets narrower as its tyrrany increases. push hard enough and don't have enough counter-measures in place = see a popular revolt.

the 'west' would much rather you do things like this willingly. and by the 'west' we're talking less about the state directly, and more so about corporations (which in turn frequently collaborate with the state, when presented with sufficient pressure). there is no risk of revolt if no one's being forced to do anything (until ubiquity is achieved).

>2015+3
>still unironically believes the right vs left paradigm

I fucking hate idiots who reply to a shitton of posts

>have nokia 1
>no room to install gubberment spyware
checkmate prime minister of the week

homeaffairs.gov.au/about/consultations/assistance-and-access-bill-2018

Last shithole startup I worked at wanted people to install an email app that would allow them access like that on peoples’ private phones.

Chinese people are extremely compliant.
Subjecting to authority is a key part of their culture,they believe it will make them more successful as a group.

Also, the social credit system is being set up to prevent revolt.

45% of a single city suddenly makes it whole cities

How quickly we forget.

> The government is so corrupt, spying on us as they do. I can't believe the world has reached this state.
> If only some other politician go in, they would have saved us

Xinjiang is a region, not a city. Jesus fucking Christ

This. All it would take is one compromised device in a WhatsApp chat or some shit.

>How dare the native inhabitants of Xinjiang oppose the mass immigration of Han Chinese?

Yeah but I don't like Muslims so it's totally okay

Yep, that's why everybody cries rivers over Tibet but nobody gives a shit about East Turkestan.
Wrong religion.

IIRC the latest plan was to have spyware as a hardware module or something like that.

My workplace does this ONLY if you refuse to take a company phone.

If you have to take a company phone, take the company phone. Keep business and pleasure separate.

But fuck being contactable after you've worked your shift. Once I'm off the clock I'm unreachable until I clock in the following morning. If you want to keep me on a 24/7 retainer, you better fucking pay me for it.