Insane performance

How does Apple do it?

Attached: tw.png (1244x2172, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsperf.com/map-filter-reduceqq
github.com/WebKit/webkit/tree/master/Websites/browserbench.org
browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/
zdnet.com/article/new-apple-connection-problem-iphone-xs-users-report-subpar-cell-and-wi-fi-reception/
iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/28/dozens-of-iphone-battery-throttling-lawsuits-could-get-merged-in-thursday-conference
apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/
youtube.com/watch?v=c06HoSJdDjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

superior machines

>JavaScript benchmark

Attached: 1528316625747.jpg (480x484, 34K)

slow down every other phones with patches and (((FEATURES))) like battery throttling .

Even the competition?

You know Android pajeets are BH when they come up with their bullshit about "HURR DURR updates that slow down your phones".

The potent Pixel 2 XL

Attached: Captura de ecrã 2018-09-26, às 01.33.18.png (1242x1334, 417K)

>cheating artificial benchmarks that hard
>meanwhile gets BTFO by $300 poco in real apps
How does apple do it?

Attached: 1513694479850.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

COPING
O
P
I
N
G

With fake YouTube videos.

Who paid for those phones?

> "over three times slower"
The points scale is probably not linear. 38 vs 125 points could also mean something like "about 10% faster" or even "10x faster".
Furthermore: a benchmark that combines multiple scores into one may even mislead completely (as in: scores are completely opposite of actual HW performance) by weighing different sub-scores in completely unintuituive ways: e.g. a JavaScript benchmark may weigh, say, string processing highly. Now, if you compare (hypothetical) device A (strong HW but fucked up JS implementation/browser) with (hypothetical) device B (weaker HW but super-optimized JS) you may conclude that device B is stronger even though just using another browser (or any other software) on device A would completely reverse these results.
And, iirc, that actually happened with Apple devices and a benchmark that weighed crypto performance (for which Apple apparently has an accelerator) unrealistically high.
In conclusion: benchmarks that deal with some weird points system (e.g. CineBench points) are complete trash compared to benchmarks that compare timings of real-world-software (e.g. how long does it take to render/compress/convert X).

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I'm quitting because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I'm graduating so now I'm outing them.
is my old coworker

Attached: 1529404499056.png (1024x1024, 508K)

Show me some REAL javascript scores of your phone Jow Forums

jsperf.com/map-filter-reduceqq

This is on a chink Maze Alpha 4G

Attached: Screenshot (26.09.2018 02_46_19).png (1080x1920, 180K)

coping

whats up bro, did your thinkpad battery fall out today?

all the other macs must've been throttling

>green bubbles
Someone please explain

How did you manage to write that on your Corre 2 Duo with 1366x768 screen? And those mushy membrane keys?

Superior engineering on both software and hardware, on top of a generous amount of money invested in large processors on each phone, using the latest 7nm tech...

who cares how fast it is when it has a fucking notch in the middle of the screen

Notch is better than a lip. You can push the notifications in the corners, and get more screen space for everything else.

girls won't talk to you if you send them texts and it shows up as green bubbles. If you have an iphone your texts show up as blue bubbles.

nah, I have blue bubbles and they don't talk to me either

What? I'm currently using an iPhone™ 6S and that never happened to me. Is this a feature exclusive to the US?

Browserbench begin WebKit site, WebKit is developer team paid for Apple to make safari.

github.com/WebKit/webkit/tree/master/Websites/browserbench.org

Apple have a better silicon team than Intel and AMD and probably Nvidia combined, headed by pic related.

>“Silicon is unforgiving,” Mr. Srouji said. “My team is already working on the chips you're going to see in 2020. You make bets. We have the system and the software. We have better knowledge versus external chipmakers about where things are going to end up. Since we own the silicon, we own the software, the operating system and everything else, we deliver, always. We deliver for the exact specification of iOS and nothing else. We don't have to worry about other operating systems.”

This is why Apple wins. While Qualcomm are just trying to satisfy everyone and Android vendors are just trying to ship something someone is willing to pay for every year with no real vision for the future, Apple are steadily actually working towards something. They control the entire stack, the ENTIRE stack. They're making more and more in-house components and chips so they can have levels of integration and perfection that Samsung can only dream of.

Attached: johny-srouji-1200x630[1].jpg (1200x630, 269K)

Is Apple tricking JavaScript tests now? The absolute state lmao

If an ARM based smartphone is beating a Xeon computer, either that benchmark is total bullshit, or that Xeon is extremely poorly cooled and is throttling to hell.

wtf I love Apple now

This

Was reading about how android phones never see updates. Was not surprised by the content of all articles.

JavaScript benchmark are really bad, JS is 5 to 10 slow than high optimized C++, some heavy JIT compiler could made Atom beat i7 chip.

Long time ago IE team made atom beat i7 Chrome in sunspider.

>jsperf.com/map-filter-reduceqq
Droidfags are pathetic.

Attached: 74B094CA-9778-4AE2-B0EC-4A53C40033C7.jpg (1620x1888, 639K)

god who gives a shit, that doesnt justify a expensive phone with notch

>I dun care about muh cpu
>Steve Jobs bad man

Why the fuck is iMac slower than a phone?
Did they make a hardware unit just for JS execution?

>oh boy I get a high score in geekbench and some other retarded pajeet JavaScript benchmark

The Apple A series chips were designed by Jim Keller not some chinks and pajeets, that's why.

The only thing apple has better than anyone else is a street shitting team.

iTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1509046185961.jpg (643x960, 257K)

huawei nexus 6p (2015)

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-212325.png (1440x2560, 299K)

What the fuck does JavaScript speedometer even mean?

This
browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/

yeah i can do so much with that power in ios at that price on a fucking phone

>muh phone is a computer

It's a web browser and video player. Stop being retarded.

OnePlus 3T

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-053504.jpg (1080x1920, 403K)

>SHOW ME SCORES IN A BENCHMARK MADE FOR APPLE CPUS
streetshit harder poojeet

Attached: 1522592499551.jpg (643x960, 256K)

its irony user

If you like for your websites to load slow as balls.

>If you like for your websites to load slow as balls.
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1526724938863.webm (640x360, 792K)

Post the Geekbench

Post your toilet. Oh wait, you don't have one.

Attached: 1537488213905.png (813x1402, 370K)

How is Apple the pajeet company now? India is one of the few places where Android is completely dominant.

Apple hires pajeets for all their shillings

By cheating in Javascript.
This is well documented. Various things don't work properly or in the currect order on iOS Safari.

maybe they improved their JS engine.
I heard JS is trash so it wouldn't be too hard.

I guess I had too high of expectations -_-

How many hours in MS Paint did that take you Rankeesh?

Attached: pjt.png (222x257, 104K)

Yes, Apple pays people to shill on Jow Forums. After all, what better market for you $1000 than a board full of poorfag neets. You're delusional.

is that you? I'm confused.
seriously why would you post a pic of yourself in the internet?
I dunno I could see it. They contract some shady company to shill for them and they say they're shilling to top customers when really it's just basement-beards and weeblolicons.

Hi Pradeep. Still posting rebranded Microsoft memes of your uncle again? How did Apple hurt your feelings today?

Attached: 1482477064199.png (640x800, 1024K)

It measures how fast your browser can run javascript. I got different scores in the 60s on my laptop Haswell i7-4700MQ between Chromium and Edge on Windows 10. Seems my 4 year old chinkpad is just about on par with a MacBook 1.4 i7 from Spring 2017, though Safari for OS X may be better or worse optimized than the browsers I used. And since the iPhone XS is beating a 3 GHz Xeon, iOS Safari must be a good deal better optimized than OS X Safari.

I note that none of them used more than 1 core.

we were discussing this in our comp architecture class the other day. idr the entire discussion but basically they made some optimizations specifically for running javascript. Probably has to do with something SIMD related with their ARM instructions, similar to x86 and AVX instructions. If someone with more background in this could pipe in that'd be great

>1620x1888
>Doesn't even run the tests on a frootphune
The aplel way.
Nokia 8

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-063405.png (1440x2560, 331K)

how is this js benchmark?
dom operations so much expensive

How do I get a job shilling? Seems like easy money.

delete javascript

Yeah how do they do it?

zdnet.com/article/new-apple-connection-problem-iphone-xs-users-report-subpar-cell-and-wi-fi-reception/

Attached: 1528317641914.jpg (1000x1243, 339K)

Samsung A8 2018 on oreo

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-025032_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x2220, 392K)

Same test but done In Chrome. Same device.

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-025541_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 455K)

who cares

more apple toddlers = more inferior shallow minded lazy engineers = more jobs for us, technical geeks

What are you people doing with your lives? Life is too short to waste waiting on javascripts.

Attached: C9952657-F069-4E9E-BB3A-D600F9C7265A.png (1125x2436, 530K)

Cucked
iPhone 8

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 711K)

>x many points on synthetic benchmark
>x seconds faster in app opening speed test
NONE OF THOSE MATTER. None of those translate into a perceivable user experience improvement. Apps open up fast enough and js code runs fast enough. Things like battery life, charging speed, camera and camera app are way more important.

>Apple building in crypto acceleration but banning crypto mining apps
COPING

>compares a shitty phone vs a throttled down computer

apple 2018

Brainlet, a faster cpu makes your battery last longer and improves the longevity of the device. Enjoy the subpar experience, basedboy

Speak for yourself. I almost never use the camera, but I have all system animations disabled because delays in UI tick me off.

A more power efficient CPU makes your battery last longer, not a faster one.

Being able to clock down the cpu faster because the instruction is done is also important

>another day
>another benchmark apple cheats at
>lagPhone still gets BTFO by $300 phones in actual day-to-day apps
>iPoojeet in desperate damage control mode for entire thread

Attached: 1531564217980.png (400x389, 48K)

cpus are too complex to make such a general assumption. they clock up and clock down, the clock-voltage-power function is nonlinear, the operating system tries to predictively adjust clocks and batch intensive tasks when clocks are up and at the same time tries to minimize clock changes (they incure a cost too). it's true that cpu performance correlates with cpu efficiency because faster cpus are more recent and more recent cpus are also more efficien (common cause correlation).

That's only part of what constitutes power efficiency. It doesn't matter if you can clock your CPU down 2 times faster if it consumes 3 times more power in the active state.

>meanwhile in the real world

Attached: 1507708983066.webm (640x360, 1.22M)

yikes

Attached: 1507571204269.webm (640x360, 1.97M)

My i7-4770 gets 57.
There's something extremely fishy about these results.

>How does Apple do it?
arm > x86

just let it slip for a min
this machine is my second one that i use to play minecraft cause i fucking love logging on servers and blow cities up
its a athlon 631 with 8gb ram and a 260x
note this result is with java being forcefully run on the cpu ONLY
if i force both chrome and java to run on the gpu the result goes to 83

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

ITODDLERS ON

S U I C I D E
U
I
C
I
D
E

WATCH

Attached: 1523521539013.gif (136x102, 516K)

It's entirely possible that they added some hardware optimizations specifically for their JS engine. Given how horribly slow JS execution is due to interpreting, sandboxing and the general inefficiency of the language, having some hardware shortcuts can make a huge difference (but it doesn't benefit tasks other than JS).

iPhone 6 here. jQuery is fucking slow.

Attached: image.jpg (750x1297, 171K)

Too bad it only works in benchmarks and not actual websites.

they are probably running the java on the cache to quickly flush the gargabe collector and thus not bottlenecking the cpu
and im pretty sure they arent doing delete and compact at all

>You know Android pajeets are BH when they come up with their bullshit about "HURR DURR updates that slow down your phones".
iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/28/dozens-of-iphone-battery-throttling-lawsuits-could-get-merged-in-thursday-conference
apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/
Yeah, totally made up.

In real life, unless you have a really shit CPU or the webdevs were particularly horrible, website loading is limited by server response lag and transfer rate, not JS execution.

I just had a thought that maybe when the engine detects that it can potentially thread out it does. Most of these tests are kinds of loops that don't rely on the output of one for the next. If the engine detects this it could easily spawn a thread on each core to handle a loop each.
I'm kinda interested in what you see in the Speedometer test on iOS. How fast the forms appear, expand and check all the boxes. Maybe I'll visit a store.

Bull. A few watt ARM in a phone is not going to beat a Xeon. The benchmark is crap.

Well in this day and age probably every global multinational company has hired citizens of probably every nationality. Yes, that includes Indians

Then again Apple is still one of the whit*st company out there

Attached: 1346759937699.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg (568x506, 39K)

iPOOJEET BTFO

Attached: 1533079443058.jpg (1200x1200, 352K)

Apple's JS engine is the best in the world.

> lost on all benchmarks
NONE OF THOSE MATTER.

KYS, pajeet. Apple is the best on everything, they also beat the Samsung Note 9 on batt life.

youtube.com/watch?v=c06HoSJdDjo

Connect the iPhone to a shittier WiFi, and profit of losers.

You are an idiot, you know?