What DAP does Jow Forums use?

What DAP does Jow Forums use?

Attached: AMOI-Upgrade-C10-HIFI-MP3-Music-Player-HD-Hardware-Decoding-APE-FLAC-DSD-Lossless-Music-Player.jpg (800x800, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_(A2DP)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 4L_4kQD1tFB.jpg (269x401, 53K)

phone

My phone

I have never used a "dap"

It's an MP3 player.

>8GB
What year is this?

2nd gen Fiio X1. Works nicely.

I mostly use an LG V30 smartphone, but I occasionally break out my Zune HD

Attached: zune-hd.jpg (600x400, 74K)

But i'm looking to upgrade to the one in OP's pic.... Is it any good?

Attached: zip clip.jpg (445x766, 66K)

>DAP

Attached: 1534071326650.png (499x338, 36K)

sony nw a45

Attached: IMG_0198.rotated.jpg (3024x4032, 1.25M)

what u mean?
Digital Audio Player... What else would you call it? Dont say MP3 player either you fucking boomer, no one uses that codec anymore(AAC, FLAC, Ogg, etc...

Just for fun, here are all the DAPs I used previous.

Attached: DAP History.jpg (3740x1189, 3.14M)

I used to have an iRiver back in 2005. I loved it

In [current year + 3] i use a Zishan Z2 with Burson opamp + 64gb card + Tin audio T2

Attached: zishan z2 2.png (540x540, 537K)

Filled with THIS

Attached: b8fca928-58ce-4559-bf67-d474fee07b3e.png (1831x950, 209K)

>Archos jukebox
I had three of those and the lithium batteries kept exploding when charged. Good times.

LOOK AT MY BIG ANALOGUE KNOB

Attached: lewd z2.png (664x650, 872K)

never had a reason for one. although one built into headphones with data stored on SD would be neat.

i'm curious about getting one, how do you explore through albums/folders without screen?

Sansa Clip Zip/Android phone

SanDisk Clip Sport +
I'm quite happy with it

very simple folder hierachy on micro sd card sorted by date added and supports cue files.Its not meant for your entire library its sweet spot is for the 20 DSD albums you have downloaded this week

when playing "next" is next song
when stopped "next" is next folder

it is amazing how fast you can flick through stuff there is no absolutely no delay and the volume knob has such a great tactile sensation

technically it really is amazing

1. DAC is AK4490, used in the 2000 dollar astell and kern AK38O is
2. Native DSD64 \ 128 \ 256
3. Independent OP275 low pass filter
4. Op amp power supply system is plus or minus 13V, a total of 26V power supply !!!
5. Op amp is LM4562NA

all for the price of cheap bottle of liquor ! There is literally no excuse not to try it.

Attached: b4a272df-5d44-482a-bc3c-4b37302f4021.png (948x661, 370K)

*dap*

Attached: 1498071022148.jpg (540x545, 44K)

dap on em

Attached: 1529085877655.png (448x323, 123K)

>DAC is AK4490, used in the 2000 dollar astell and kern AK38O is
Based. Are there any other sub $100 players that have a high quality dac?

Are there still ones without a display, or that can be password-protected? I listen to controversial podcasts and dont want people at work to know that I'm sitting at my desk listening to them.

See

Can this thing be used as a DAC for my PC?
For example, I have shitty speakers for my PC. Can I configure my setup so that it's

PC > shitty speakers > Z2 > headphones = better sound quality?

yes it is a USB DAC that sounds very good but it does not do hi-res it is limited to 16bit/44khz over USB

i use it a lot on my debian macbook air as the headphone jack is broken it just werks in linux and windows no drivers needed

im in the market for a chi-Fi dap. is xduoo x2 still good?

Attached: 1536752911853.png (863x661, 872K)

Boomercore

If you find one

I have a Sony NW-A45, it's a month old and started to get stuck pixels all over the screen. Trying to get Sony to honor their warranty atm.

I've got a FIIO X1II as well, it blows the Sony out of the water audio quality wise but everything else just plain sucks.

FIIO X1II > blows the Sony out of the water audio quality wise
holy fucking shit shit i believe (You) and i owned DAT

>Boomercore

UNAPOLIGETIC we lost alot when we all went to 16bit PCM and then computers mixing exerthing. Not many zoomers produce on 32 track 2 inch 30ips tape unfortunately but we will get back there soon. I thought i knew it all but i didnt

Sorry ancient elder studio gods... you cried DECIMATION.... you preached DELTA SIGMA but we did not listen and the dark ages behold us

Attached: dsdresponse_big.png (800x533, 96K)

phone, shitty $15 iems, and everything encoded to v0

iPhone 6S Plus

>listening to music through headphones
no thanks

>holy fucking shit shit i believe (You) and i owned DAT
Seriously dude, the amp on that little Sony just sucks on anything that isn't low impedance headphones. Hook it up to some active speakers and it just sounds like crap.

Other than that it's a sweet player for on the go.

this pot looks digital tho

but I don't know my pot models

still rocking my JB iPhone 6 too ... just got a new battery. I filled it with 24bit/ 48khz flac (which is the most the applel let their cirrus audio chipset clock too)

i am this guy with this and i just have no idea what apple did to the output stage ... it sounds like they put their output through a dynamic compressor ... the iphone dynamics really suck (probably the op amps voltage was really cripppled)

>this pot looks digital tho

no i measured it and its LOG... what gets me it how unapologetic its is calibrated.

> play crap that has DR6...
pot maxes volume wise @ 3oclock and cannot be driven any further
>play some DSD with DR14..
pot maxes out at 11 oclock

i am engineer just waxing lyrical here but this bare bones DAP seems to go louder with the more information you feed. Something i have long suspected

Attached: 1451120376723.gif (364x215, 2.31M)

It pisses me off that Apple has the scale to bring high-quality audio to the masses yet insist staying stuck in 2010. Any audiophool smartphones available or in the pipeline?

Nintendo re-release NES classic
Sony re-release PS1 classic
When will SanDisk re-release Zip Clip?

>Apple
Apple had pic related shut down, then killed Neil Young, its founder. They had to bring him back to life tho after a public outcry, but still no flac on iToons

Attached: tumblr_static_4klat0zxce4g84go0ww04k08k[1].png (761x280, 6K)

>you fucking boomer, no one uses that codec anymore

Attached: 1511886406979.gif (317x239, 1.21M)

Galaxy S3 with custom kernel and boeffla audio mod, pushing that Wolfson audio chip to its maximum potential. Sounds better compared to my S7 edge. Battery lasts for a whole week. No gapps, custom rom. Connected to wifi for occasional Spotify.

Attached: 20180926_181223~2.jpg (2268x3402, 1.57M)

Any guides on that?
I've got 2 GS3 from my sisters just laying around, battery is shit, but if I can make it to good use I can spare a new battery.
Any easy way to unlock the bootloader and flash new ROM without needing PC or windows?

This handsome son of a bitch ever since I lost my clip+.
I payed way too much on that one because they stopped producing them eight million years ago, I have no idea what I'm going to do once it dies or I lose it.
Might have to surrender and use my phone, since I don't know of a decent music player being made nowadays.

Attached: 71+7ES9FDBL._SX425_.jpg (425x411, 19K)

pono was shit tho

got anything similar that can be used as an actual hi-rez usb dac ?

nice! i'm thinking of getting that myself. any thoughts on it?

>ponoshit
I never tried it desu, was just confused at Neil Young being brought back to life
Thats some Berenstein shit, right there

>Apple had pic related shut down
You know damn well Pono failed as miserably as it did because it (the Pono player) was an unappealing toblerone supposed to be sold to mainstream audiences who (unfortunately) don't give a crap about sound quality, the marketing was cringy snake oil peddling (waxing poetic about "coming to the surface from the murky depths of MP3" as opposed to focusing on better mastering and greater dynamic range), and the final cherry on top being that it couldn't have come out at a much worse time.

>but still no flac on iToons
What do you expect? Apple to start selling music in a format they didn't develop and which has never had DRM nor will ever implement support for?

Thoughts on the fiio btr3

Attached: images (3).jpg (480x480, 11K)

that carpet triggers me, aren’t you afraid of static electricity killing your electronics?

Please suggest a decent ipod touch alternative that wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket.

Attached: 20-nov-8-1-404x600.jpg (404x600, 44K)

Cool vape bro

Shanling m0

>"""high definition""" audio meme

"Ipod touch" alternative

Attached: 21759604-young-asian-woman-with-a-audiophile-headphone.jpg (866x1300, 72K)

Raspberry pi 3 + volumio + hifiberry digi+

Sansa Clip Zip with Rockbox

My GS3 is the international Exynos version, so it got plenty of support from devs in xda. As for the snapdragon s4 version, which I'm guessing you're having, I don't really know how is it going, but I can give you the list of what I do to my GS3.
ROM: Slimrom 4.2.2 (Jellybean)
Kernel: Yank555 kernel 1.6+ omni
Launcher: Big Launcher with modded icons since it doesn't support icon packs
Player: Sony Walkman from apkpure
DSP: DSP Manager 2.0
These are the things that I can remember. I did this like 5 years ago so kinda hard to recall. Plus I kept the phone since its a gift from my wife before we got married.

>my phone + 64gb microsd + foobar2000
>all music encoded as apple aac 128 vbr
>inb4 muh opus. it lacks bluetooth support

I thought that phone converted the stream to pcm and then converted to the Bluetooth codec.

the a2dp profile supports mp3, aac & flac up to 48hz/24bit. everything else gets transcoded to sbc in order to be streamed.

1st Gen Fiio X1. I would love to have pic related just for the cool 00s aesthetic, if it wasn't so expensive. Would be nice if there was Rockbox support too, but the X1 doesn't have that either.

Attached: 1510545369600.jpg (1200x2400, 783K)

nice gameboy

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that profile.

it's worth reading through
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_(A2DP)

I did the search as soon as you replied me, thanks again.

There's ways to replace the battery and such if you don't mind soldering.

∞INTELLIGENT∞

Oh shit I used to have that iRiver. It was a pretty good player for the time, the only issues were that the interface sucked for searching for stuff and it also had this weird thing where shuffle wasn't actually random and you'd always get the same songs in the same order when you hit shuffle on a playlist. Mine was killed in a freak accident and I ended up replacing it with an iPod.

I fucking hate the early-00s aesthetic with a burning passion, but that thing at least looks like it's made of decent materials instead of authentic 00s silver paint and fake chrome that rub off in a month to reveal yellowish translucent plastic.

>shuffle
>always the same
the fug can you fuck up 'shuffle' ? srsly.

I just got an Xs Max. Using my old 6s as DAP with my library from Plex locally sync’d to my 6s. Connected to Fiio q1 mk2 as sac/amp for heavy cans, otherwise just AirPods.

dap? double anal penetration?

Attached: hyi hemeti.png (703x550, 21K)

it'll never get rockbox but its okay specwise if you can live with the ui and china quality

My theory was that the shuffling was actually handled by the PC software. If you added or removed a song from the playlist and then sync'd the player with the PC you'd get a new shuffle order.

only one worth getting is the Korg DSD one (its also a recorder with mic) but its like 800$ or the sony cassette Walkman with metal tape I forget the model that can record and steve jobs an the movie industry still use that's like 800$ as well.

I'm thinking of replacing mine with the SP1000M once it launches since Spotify support will be neat.

Attached: IMG_20140927_152913.jpg (1184x1600, 932K)

what player is this?

>Spotify support
Are DAPs getting popular with the Stacies again?

Attached: 1515213042309.jpg (323x454, 25K)

Astell&Kern AK120II.

It's very often mine is mistaken for an iTouch.

Zip+

Attached: IMG_20180914_093646.jpg (3840x2160, 2.37M)

Attached: anuz.jpg (959x798, 149K)

Any anons have experience with both the walnut v2s and the Zishan Z2/3? I would like a basic DAP but am wondering if one is any better than the other

>Spotify support will be neat.
>completely misses the point of a dedicated DAP

ear fedoras

Attached: smok-alien-starter-kit-blue.jpg (503x570, 10K)

Bubbleupnp on my android. I have server at home so I stream FLAC

>Dont say MP3 player either you fucking boomer, no one uses that codec anymore
No one uses MP3 players either.

bump

I'd almost like to buy one of chink-fi daps in the 100 buck range, but then again I'm currently more than happy with my phone's headphone output (Nokia 6.1) with my xiaomeme iems.

Rockboxed T6, it's smol and cheap.

Attached: d.jpg (440x480, 82K)

I use a shanling M0, great player for around $100 if you like something small. My other player is a pioneer DP-S1, mainly for the two microSD slots. There's a lot of stuff I don't care for much with it though so I tend to use the shanling more.

Also POS quality device and more expensive than sansa clip.

The Sansa Clip has been discontinued for years and it's kinda expensive to buy even used nowadays.