Tfw bought my first gaming pc a month ago

>tfw bought my first gaming pc a month ago
>theres already dust all inside of it in places I can't even get to
So wtf am I supposed to do totally break down my tower every month and dust off each individual piece? This shit sucks.

Attached: 1465743059650.jpg (712x498, 56K)

Do you have enough intake fans for positive pressure?

I clean my pc once a year with the air compressor. by then it usually has around an inch of fluffy dust. I have 6 dogs though that live mostly inside.

I have 4 intake fans 3 in front and 1 in back.

dogs live in your pc tower?

Are you sure?

And how about exhaust fans?

the one in back should be an out. go stick your finger in them all to stop them, and look at what way the ramp points and which way it spins to be sure. 3 ins and 1 out will give you positive pressure, if they're all the same size fan. 2 ins and 2 outs probably won't though, or rather it will in some corners but will pull air & dust into other places .

also if your power supply fan opens into your case instead of the underside of the case, that counts as an out.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a computer whiz, but my case looks like this but has a fan under the case and on top as well.

Attached: 51010DDXaxL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 26K)

clean your computer once a month. dust can cause heating issues, downgrading your performance.

fan layout depends on your case. look at your documentation. some cases do just fine with one fan blowing in others need more complicated layouts.

the power supply fan should blow out of the case so your case isn't getting filled with hot air all the time.

air cooling is better for reducing dust because there's more air moving around, so the dust has a harder time settling, and there aren't fat radiators blocking airflow.

>clean your computer once a month.
Do you mean a complete break down of my tower and dust off each piece? Sounds like a hassle.

What would positive pressure do for dust mitigation?

>didn't clean my pc for years
>got paranoid that it was choking with dust
>open it up
>barely a very thin layer

What gives? Not that I'm complaining

just spray it with a compressor on the lawn of your cuckshed

no just open it up and use some compressed air. if you do it monthly there's not much work to do.

you probably have really good airflow and/or you live in a clean environment without much dust

There's an old trick, after cleaning it you coat the motherboard, heatsinks, fans, gpu... In wd-40. It keeps the dust off; wd-40 is made to be dust repellent as any dust in a mechanical joint would gum up it's operation. That's why it works so well, I coat all my electronics in a generous amount of generic wd-40. Also, to clean it first use compressed air, or canned refrigerant (it's sold under the title "canned air.")

dust filters are dirt cheap and work well. you can even ask your mom for pantyhoes she doesn't use and use that as a dust filter.

do not do this

Don't you have a dust filter

Not the other guy, but I too have used this method on my dusty gaymin rig. Works great, I haven't had to clean it afterwards.

>All intake, no exhaust
OP bought an air purifier

Kek

Just use a new and preferably clean thin-bristled paint brush to dust off everything.