How come almost every FOSS thing has the worst imaginable clip art icon imaginable

How come almost every FOSS thing has the worst imaginable clip art icon imaginable
Is it the curse of Linux?

Attached: ridn8g9jkdo11.png (960x1939, 297K)

because the hippies who go to art school are all macfags rather than true Stallman devotees, so there's no free labor

> all that proprietary garbage
> FOSS

Stallman would be ashamed.

But to answer your question, big companies spend a lot on marketing. Hackers laboring out of love do not.

>Recommending Sumatra PDF over Foxtrash
Absolutely based

that feel when I have to use Wine to get Sumatra because Okular is cool but just doesn't cut it

>Suma Trap Reader is a free alternative
>Not just using any modern browser

Where's Sage?

I don’t know even if it’s the basic bitch theme numix-square icons are pretty nice

Becauase they are not trying to shove you products down your throat

Good designers won't work for free, that's why.

Also
>Riot replacing Slack
Bahahaha
Hahaha

No.

>browser
You clearly never use it on a big PDF,lag piece of shit.

You are demonstrably wrong. Hundreds of thousands of good artists would be willing to provide 2h of their free time in order to make a program presentable.
Even if we're talking about big companies most of the marketing budget doesn't go to the artists either. All of it goes to buying advertising space!
Also your (non)argument would transfer to code as well ("n-nobody would code for free!") which has been debunked ten million times now.

You come to Jow Forums and you leave with the impression GNU/Linux is an anime OS and FOSS' userbase are mostly fringe right-winger racists and trap/loli pedophiles trying to hide from "muh botnet"
Nothing could be further from the truth when you leave Jow Forums; freetards outside Jow Forums are left-leaning NPCs. And that is the apt description of most freetards: NPCs.

You want to know why FOSS sucks? Did you see what happened to Linux and CoC? This kind of mentality permeates across all of free software.
Just as an example, LibreOffice was looking for a mascot and goat Libbie was rejected in favor of Pajeet Penguin because "not every LO user is from Japan and likes anime."
These are the people who make things like GNOME, Adwaita and stuff that gives the impression GNU/Linux looks like dogshit.

Don't get me started on naming.

>Is it the curse of Linux?
Yes.

There will *never* be year of Linux desktop.

Attached: libbie_and_libo.png (1126x602, 147K)

libbie is so CUTE THOUGH
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1536682123668.jpg (296x300, 5K)

Now I want to fuck an oryx.

>Hundreds of thousands of good artists would be willing to provide 2h of their free time in order to make a program presentable.

But they're not.

Why would they work for free when they can work for cash? I worked as a graphic designer for 3 years and not once did I work for free. The only people who will do design work for free are either people who don't value their time or people who have no choice but to work for free (students and/or trash designers).

Also people in the loonix community tend to sperg out about using proprietary software to make the logos/icons.

art ain't free

>using one note
>using evernote

who actually does this??

But acrobat reader IS free??

>FreeCAD is an alternative to solidworks

Are those niggers joking? That's like saying MS Paint, the Windows 95 version, is an alternative to Photoshop.

People in arts community begin very agains free work or put watermark and small resolution work.

People outside programming community see things like open source as freak subhumans,hobbiest, absolute piece of shit made for idiots or one way big Corp explote young programmers.

Graphics designer,photographer,artists will kick you if you give your work for free.

Fuck fusion 360 is free why isn’t that mentioned

Maybe because nobody takes a product named "Fuck fusion 360" seriously

what can Sumatra do that Okular can't? genuinely curious.

Who gives a shit about icons?

Not be a slow piece of shit?

I don't want free alternatives but better alternatives.

>How come almost every FOSS thing has the worst imaginable clip art icon imaginable
not made by woman that prefer astetics over functionality

>can't have both
Dumbass

Well that depends on what it does.