So how many more Android phones without headphone jacks until everyone stops caring? If the Galaxy S10 doesn't have one...

So how many more Android phones without headphone jacks until everyone stops caring? If the Galaxy S10 doesn't have one, is it over?

Attached: satisfyinglynotnew.jpg (1851x632, 49K)

why are they actually doing this... are headphone jacks expensive to make or some thing does the adaptor cable have a small analogue dac inside it? hence the adaptors expensive?

I assume analogue dacs are more expensive than a Bluetooth dac? I don't understand it.... maybe its a long term plan and eventually passive adaptors wont exist.

I bet you analogue dac is $$. even small cheap on in phone. phone components only cost like 100$ total even on 1500$ phones maybe the analogue dac is like 10$ so they planning for the future?

Embrace the future boomers. The future is wireless.

Attached: 1537909722380.png (499x376, 313K)

no but I mean it must have some logical reason like its bad for waterproofing or its expensive and they want to phase analogue support out or people where using it to do some thing they didn't want or some thing weird.

I really wonder what the reason is.. the logic behind its stupid only like 1% of people use Bluetooth headphones. maybe with Bluetooth its easier to spy on phone calls and record them for google adsense /apple adsense with out users reverse engineering it and finding it out?.... like wtf.. maybe they want to switch to "digital" speakers in the phone or some thing? in the future.

there has to be a plan or reason it makes 0 sense otherwise.

It makes phones thicker.

glow in the dark niggers want to probe your audio and your anus.

Bluetooth is the future, except if too many people use it at the same time.

In seriously considering going retro back to feature phones. Nokia 8110 can do most of what I want to do with a smart phone.

What's the limit per m2?

Bluetooth is the future...
If you like shitty audio quality.
Are an aipod wearing mactoddler.
Don't actually own any music on physical media.

The iPod with headphone jack is 6mm thick

Well, that IS the future, sadly.

Bluetooth ibeacons.

They want you to use bluetooth in your car and for your headphones so you leave that bullshit on.

Samsung\Apple have beacon listening services running while bluetooth is on, and a lot of marquees\kiosks\stores\malls\etc have ibeacons set up near points of interest.

They can monitor what you walk past, where you linger, what stores you're at, where you shop, all so they can build a more comprehensive profile on you.

Also why would they sell you $20 wired headphones when they can sell you $200 bluetooth headphones?

It's faggotry of the highest order, never settle, never let the nose win, only get phones with a headphone jack.

They're doing it so they can introduce DRM. much easier to control a digital connection. Remember HDCP early days? It will be that bad.

Promoting wireless headphones, it’s the “future”. That way you’ll have to purchase a wireless charging pad for everything you own.

so people actually rip music by playing it back thru phone jack? idknow sounds untrue. oh right its to stop them doing that in future when drm is in place I get it.

>buying products with less functionality
glad the chinks finally figured out how to make decent smartphones.
no need to keep sucking US/korean cock

Apple did it because they get revenue from both their dongles and 3rd party proprietary thunderbolt cable headphones far greater than that of implementing a 3.5mm headphone jack to allow any generic headphones to play music.

Other manufacturers are doing it because it's a profitable market trend started by Apple. which is a brand name often associated with premium in the minds of sheep.

So what's handling the DAC? Does the dongle have a DAC or can the lightning port send analog signals?

The lightning dongle has a Cirrus Logic DAC. Android dongles might have a DAC or not depending on the vendor. Sending analog audio via USB-C is off the spec btw.

This is the only thing that makes sense.

It's literally just thin-fucks wanting thinner phones because puny iTard basedboys can't hold anything for more than a few minutes without aching.

Meanwhile Android masterrace users wrap their phones in huge cases that usually triple the weight and thickness.
Android users could lift fucking cars and beat the shit out of iTards while playing Angry Birds at the same time.
Androids: 1
iTards: Eternally Zeros.

Bigger problem is pixels and some other phones not supporting analogue dongles

Attached: that'll be $20 goy.png (1167x428, 138K)

But I like my phones like my women.

Also I carry huge 5000+50mah external USB battery.

Why do people fall for consumerist gimmicks like wireless?

>male to female adapter
So it was trannies behind this all along

google is such a fucking hyprocrite. one of the many reasons i'll never buy their phones.

Attached: .png (780x439, 16K)

Funny how no one mentioned this. Also because Apple makes money from their proprietary connection. Whoever sells you a dongle has paid Apple a fee to use the technology.

Yes. Why the fuck did they think that taking out something that was un-apologetically a huge part of their campaign last year would not affect their reputation among customers this year?
What's with the funky coloured power button and the reduction in design quality?

It's as if they were knowingly handing their share of the pie to Samsung...

I wont buy a phone without a dedicated headphone jack, its the same as buying a phone that only has wireless charging (just wait until next or the year after that ipajeet)

Eh i don't give a shit about 3.5 jack on phones anymore.
I use a DAP anyway.

Attached: m5.png (1400x1600, 1.7M)

Anime

Lamest excuse ever, also thicker phones = bigger battery

bigger battery, better durability, mo ugly bumps, more room for components
there's literally zero downsides to thick phones.