pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last thread

Attached: dev titty.jpg (3024x3024, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openrazer.github.io/
superuser.com/questions/342107/getting-macro-keys-from-a-razer-blackwidow-to-work-on-linux
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
wiki.c2.com/?IssuesAndProblemsWithLisp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1nd

Attached: kee h p.jpg (2200x1467, 1.14M)

anyone here try one of the smaller ergodox type boards like the iris or minidox? do the thumb keys make up for the lack of a "traditional" bottom row?

Attached: [email protected] (2048x1536, 206K)

Ergodox is love
Ergodox is life
Fuck the Ergodox EZ

Attached: 42472010_1161987420626936_3321333506038038528_n.jpg (3264x2448, 765K)

Byebye tealios, hello violets!

Attached: IMG_20180925_213123.jpg (3968x2976, 2.42M)

Using my self-assembled ergodox since 2 years already. It's literally perfect, except for the portability - I commute, and if I wanted to take it with myself to work in the train I couldn't do that. A split keyboard is a mixed blessing.

Has anyone ever tried to make a case for it with hinges or something?

Also, would love to try kinesis advantage II one day. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm searching for

Attached: photo_2018-09-26_09-06-15.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

There is a padded ergodox case actually. Not for a fullhand one though iirc.

Attached: large_1095_DSC_1091.jpg (1200x952, 477K)

I literally touch the feet on mine together and wrap it in a tshirt like the fucking savage I am.

Attached: 1494130062287.png (532x517, 341K)

I actually meant something like pic related, so I could open it and use it as if it was a normal keyboard. It would negate the benefits of it being split, but I'd probably fix it at my favorite angle anyways

Attached: this_is_art_motherfuckers.png (1340x1920, 31K)

Get down to your local hackerspace and laser cut some acrylic for that. Alternatively velcro and a cut down board.

I really like ghetto shit.

fuck yes user, I'm gonna do it.

I'm sure you could cook up some sort of acrylic plates & some hardware that could do that. Maybe take a look at the axios thread on geekhack. The project itself is dead but there are a lot of prototype ideas in there.

>tfw full sized gateron red keyboard

Attached: comfy-cat.jpg (524x700, 49K)

Glad to help. Spent a bit too much time with the Honda kids in HS.

Speaking of zap straps, anyone know a tiny trackball I can cut down and strap to my ergodox?

but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it being a split board?

>through-hole components
at least the design files are FOSS and I can put the electronics on the board where they belong
curious, how much did this build cost you? I'm guessing $60 switches + $60 boards + $80 caps + $20 Teensy + ?

Attached: 1520744074262.jpg (480x640, 75K)

I care more about it having a columnar layout and being programmable than being split. Also even while I'm using it on the table I hate having to move the halves around all the time

Got the boards and electronics from Profet keyboards for 75, caps were 30 switches 20. That's in Canadian too. Cheaped out on the case and just chucked furniture nubs on the bottom. The only components that weren't through hole were the diodes which are installed on the bottom of the board but at least for the sockets it gives them a little extra stability.

It's one hell of a el cheapo ErgoDox build.

alright user, I bought the parts. I still have to wait until the box whites get restocked and cut a plate since they aren't pcb mount but it's coming.
what am I in for

Am I cool yet boise

I just got this from WASDkeyboards.

Attached: 20180926_113412.jpg (4032x1960, 2.32M)

You gonna need to make a hole in the acrylic all the way through and give it a back plate

WHAT ARE YOU DOING NIGGER

Attached: 20180926_113412.png (545x360, 380K)

Attached: Custom HHKB with Back Massager.jpg (1210x680, 139K)

Your guns are cool senpai

who here is a linuxian and has a razer keyboard? i would like to use the MX keys (m1, m2, ...) but they are not recognized.

how are you enjoying the violets, and how would you rate them against the teals?
also is that an alu or plastic plate they're on?

openrazer.github.io/

i dont own a razer keyboard because they're bad but literally two seconds in google found a linux alternative to razer's synapse program

i don't like hacky drivers, how do you know they are safe to use? i found this superuser.com/questions/342107/getting-macro-keys-from-a-razer-blackwidow-to-work-on-linux

thank you anyway, user.

>but literally two seconds in googl
not everyone use google. you shall avoid using it too.

>i don't like hacky drivers
>i knowingly bought a product that requires additional drivers to function for use on a platform that doesn't have those additional drivers available
This is peak retardation

>requires additional drivers to function
it does work as a classic keyboard without drivers.
>i knowingly bought
it's lan party prize, actually.
>This is peak retardation
please, don't say that.

Has anyone done a build using a brass plate? If so, what switches did you end up using and are you happy with the result?
I've got a brass plate Melody96 waiting to be built and I'm looking for inspiration. Currently have a bag of Gateron Greens which I'm considering, but I'd love to get anyones input.

Attached: KBDfans-New-arrival-hairline-finish-brass-60-plate-diy-mechanical-keyboard[1].jpg (800x800, 73K)

If I own the Anne Pro and love it, is it worth getting the Anne Pro 2 as well?

Attached: 1536645016444.jpg (1011x1276, 217K)

You're in for a fuck fucking time so strap in bucko.

Step one is rice up a layer you like using the graphical configurator or take a look at some of the defaults on GitHub. After you've riced out a layout it's time to install the shit for flashing a teensy/compiling your firmware. Alternatively you can just use the EZ Configurator that spits out a .hex.

Alright, you know that nice and fast typing speed? Say goodbye to that for a bit. You're going to need to learn how to chord, where the fuck everything is and get good at reading a map. Speaking of that. print off a map and post it by your desk. It will help when you're wondering just where the fuck tilde went. Thumbs are going to be your best friend, so find what you want to bind to them. Then just repeat fucking around with binds, reflashing and fucking around. Get used to just sitting still and not moving your arm because it's keyboard time motherfucker.

Don't drink at work kids.

Why not just go with PCB mount? Seems cheaper and easier and you get the benefit of easily changing your internals.

Why is the laser keycap set so sought after? It looks childish to me

GMK do a ton of different colour combos, what is it about the laser set that looks childish to you?

>to stupid to use open source, and know what it means
>rather proprietary bloat shit
>uses Razer

It all checks out.

I guess I'm just not a fan of the colors. Is that the main attraction?

Why do people love abs now ?

Yeah, as far as I'm aware. I'm fairly certain that all the legends are the same font, although they obviously have the 'novelty' keys which I believe vary from set to set, too

Can't speak for 'people', but I particularly like GMK sets because they're one of the better quality sets that I've come across

well i've got the PCB, case and plate already, so i kinda want to use it.
what do you mean by 'changing your internals'? like, easily changing the switches?

Everyone was all about pbt and SP, now it seems the latest is abs double shot by gmk. Also is flat key profile the new meme now?

sheeeit, having a hard time deciding between a pok3r or a ducky one 2 tkl

>buy board with blue klackers
>put on sexy SA plastic legos
>get seasick

Attached: 1530756829613.png (500x500, 178K)

If you go with just a PCB mount you can pop the switches open and lube the springs and swap shit around. Or something like that

Get neither make you own board

I currently have no autism to spare on such an endeavor

People have always loved GMK keycaps, it's just that /mkg/ doesn't like ABS

because most modern keyboard consumers care more about legend sharpness, keycap thickness and colour availability than keycap durability

and if that means buying gross keycaps that shine really easily, they'll do it

If you guys don't like my taste in keyboards it's because you are poor

Attached: fallingformemes247.jpg (4160x3120, 3.49M)

what keycaps what keyboard?

Attached: 1534881363689.jpg (800x500, 59K)

>People have always loved GMK keycaps, it's just that /mkg/ doesn't like ABS
GMK has the best molds and sharpest lines. But fuck ABS. After 6 months, it all shines up and your $150+ set is shit.

fuck off nigger how else am I supposed to have a drawing on a keyboard

not sure about keycaps, but it was wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
with Cherry MX Clear

Also I had the artwork custom made and I worked on the layout file.

Attached: 0c6218e43266abdc416a4595b6612f01_1.jpg (833x1071, 1.12M)

Topre feels like wet news paper; even mitsumi with the rubber cup feel better.
Buckling springs are fatiguing in long sessions.
Complicated clicky Alps are the only rational choice.

Also, your keyboards are too small.

t. Poorfag

Attached: IMG_20170320_0010553_small.jpg (2608x1467, 1.39M)

Box navy master race, if you disagree you are lying.

looks gay. Cause u are

Nah the secret is bke domes. You buy topre domes to use bke domes.

What are those keycaps called? I don't need to know the exact name, but since i want to assemble an Iris i'm interested in the general style

>Budget
300 max but would prefer to pay less
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Tactile
>Layout
ANSI OR ISO-DE if the stock keycaps are good (like on leopolds for example). Doesn't matter if they aren't.
>Form factor
60% and up. Would like to have arrow keys.
>Backlight
White or RGB. Not that much of a deal breaker if it has no backlight though.
>Previous/current keyboards
Rubber dome stuff.

I'd like to add that I want something sturdy and well built. I might also be willing to build one myself if you have a good kit in mind, but I'd rather not spend much time soldering switches.
I would also like wireless/bluetooth capabilities. Wireless boards seem to be shit usually.

I'm waiting for my Dygma Raise . Seems pretty awesome so I hope it pans out. Pretty much one of the few ergo, split , non ortholinear keyboards out there . Fully open source and spec, blinken lights and a shitload of other features. The split space bar and underrow keys mean it's one of the only macro key layouts that you can use easily.

I thought about buying a conventional kb like the Massdrop CTRL but I wanted something different. Ergodox seems to need an update big time and Keyboardio is neat but unique layout, so I think Dygma Raise looks like the best option .

aye? you want me to whip out my model M's and the F XT?

I do

ew this is more cringy than mine

Attached: crop-socuteimelt.jpg (3629x2419, 2.15M)

no bully
i'm not gay
i'm bi

nah

devtty MT3. They are currently on massdrop right now.

no, at least his keyboard is a fucking tkl.

Nah capacitive model Fs are way better and have no fatigue, plus the only thing that really matters is how much your keyboard weighs

Attached: 20180426_105244.jpg (4032x3024, 3.71M)

Just get a Leopold of candykeys

I'm going to Tokyo next week. Should I buy HHKB2?

Nope

listen to stax

Maybe

m-m-mmmine h-hhhas stut-t-tering macro

just get one from mechmarket. People buy it thinking they will like the layout and end up selling their 1 month old hhkb for like 50 bucks lower than standard.

which keyboard is not proprietary?

Send help. This is not a fake image, I have bought all of these. I need help.

Attached: send help.png (1567x812, 115K)

could you buy me one user?

Like nearly all keyboards not sold by the bigger corporate gaming companies use opensource QMK, TMK, etc.

haha no.

I got to try out the Kira at a keyboard meetup, and the plastic case felt very flimsy, even worse then a cooler master keyboard that was near by

where? i've never tried them although i have he400s

well that is good because I bought the metal case. I nearly bought the plastic case for like 50 usd cheaper. Dodged a bullet there.

im in europ though

idk google it you'll shit yourself listening to them

My guess is because of the way they double injection molded the plastic. It feels like its gonna come apart

>67801509
... Dude there is a shitton of sellers from Europe. At least look ffs.

good good, user.

is there any keyboard oriented for programming (proprietary or not)? you know, with buttons for λ, ≠, ←, ≥

this is for you

Surprising. Kono usually is good with their materials.

>keyboard oriented for programming
I don't know which keyboard isn't made for programming unless it is literally a keyboard with emoji shortcuts.

QMK and TMK allows you to make macros for any key.

Massdrop's CTRL, ALT
KBDFans keyboards
etc

They all use QMK

yeah dude but they're priced €150 in japan, over 200 locally

Well it was a prototype and that meetup was 6 months ago

i want something like the lisp machine's keyboard (picture).

lisp machine, ever heard about them? they were especially made for lisp, the best programming language.

are you a lisper or a loser?

answer.

Attached: symbolics-keyboard-2.jpg (2802x795, 157K)

What a gay keyboard. How can you program with such few buttons

>Lisp
>best programming language
ok you are just a troll

>wiki.c2.com/?IssuesAndProblemsWithLisp

I guess go ahead then. I am a bit surprised that it is more expensive on mechmarket. I saw them for around 140- 130 Euro in the US.

Hopefully that is not the final product. At least it doesn't affect me though because I didn't get the plastic case.

I really like Leopolds and was about to pull the trigger several times. Would it be viable to add bluetooth to one? I've read mixed reviews about those bluetooth kits and I don't know if there's enough place inside them.
I just wanna be able to use it on my couch sometimes.

If you get a topre variant like the 660c you can easily add BT with hasu's controller

If you want to bluetooth it cheaper you can just do this.

Attached: BT-500.png (981x497, 189K)

if youre switching out all the switches why did you put on some of the keycaps just to take a pic?