Is this shit really Nokia or not...

Is this shit really Nokia or not? I've only used Nokia till now and my Lumia is getting really old so I want to buy a new phone but I need to be sure.

I've heard that the new "Nokia" phones are really low quality chinkshit with shit displays, bad build quality and what not. If that's the case I might finally buy a non-Nokia, although it's gonna be sad

>HMD is headquartered in Espoo, Finland, opposite Nokia's head office, and the company is largely run by former Nokia executives.[10] The first CEO was Arto Nummela, a Nokia veteran for 17 years, until July 2017 when President Florian Seiche took over as CEO.[11]

>>>>>>>>>Manufacturing is outsourced to Foxconn.[12][13][14]

>Nokia has no investment in HMD but remains a partner, setting mandatory requirements and providing patents and technologies, in return for royalty payments.[15][16] HMD uses a marketing strategy advertising the Nokia phones as "pure, secure and up to date" (referring to a stock Android interface and its commitment to fast updates) as well as brand trust and nostalgia.[17][18][19][20]

Attached: hmd-share.jpg (1200x1200, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IoEuuyciVs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5aXkW0EFRI
youtube.com/watch?v=UpxN9IYPQJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jow Forums will tell you it's chink shit because they manufacture their phones in China, like every other manufacturer. Build quality is heaps good, on the metal phones at least. Cameras are pretty meh. Have a nokia 8, overall 8/10

I like the android update policy.
I have a Nokia 3 and am satisfied.

Nokia 7 plus reporting in. Comfy af. Best phone I've ever had.

I've got the 3310, it's pretty good.

how is the build quality compared to the average android phones?

I had a Nokia 8. That thing was probably the most solid phone I've ever had.

VERY solid (skip to the bend test part if you don't want to watch the whole video):
youtube.com/watch?v=0IoEuuyciVs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5aXkW0EFRI
youtube.com/watch?v=UpxN9IYPQJc

had?

its not

nokia 1 fag here
screen is flat and plastic personally I prefer it to curved glass
removable back fits on very snugly is polycarb according to the recycle symbol inside biggest concern here would be the volume/power button pushers cracking as they are all one piece of plastic with plastic rivets holding onto the cover
fairly light compared to every other phone these days but not as light as my old galaxy s2
charging port is recessed due to removable back and it came with a slightly longer microusb then my old phone
in regards to the display I went off of notebookcheck's review since I was looking for good black levels and wasn't too concerned about max brightness

overall I'd say the build quality is good/above average, the software on the other hand is a bit mixed I like the frequent security updates but a few things about how aggressively android GO culls programs in the background before there is a real need to annoys me

I looked up and damn dude, chinkphones at that price point have so many more features

>features
like?

catching fire

thats samshit gook phones, not chink phones

i always thought it was a bad idea to seal the battery in a phone, if it catches fire it should blow the back cover off and fall out
stuff like the s5 prove definitively anyone who buys a phone with a sealed battery is a cuck

kek

nokia 7 plus user chiming in

smooth as butter. solid build quality

bigger battery, bigger screen, faster processors, 8MP dual camera (one even has a 13MP camera for $80), dual 4G, blah blah. sweet deals desu

If I hit one of these modern Nokia phones with a sledgehammer, which will break, the phone or the sledgehammer?

phone

why would you even buy a phone with a sealed battery anyway, that's like accepting an invite to get cucked by the company

It's as much Nokia, as iPhone is american.
Up to you to decide.
Designed by Finns, made by Chinks.

>I've heard that the new "Nokia" phones are really low quality chinkshit with shit displays, bad build quality and what not.
uh someone either really hates Nokia or is just saying bullshit. The new nokias are very solid and well build
>>>>>>>>>Manufacturing is outsourced to Foxconn.[12][13][14]
so is every phone these days

In any case, I have nokia 5 and its solid, gets updates and security updates quickly, I have no problems with it.

nokia 6.1 here, it's great

Hold My Dick?

Been using a Nokia 7 Plus for about 1 month. It's a very solid phone, well built and the software experience has been very positive so far.

It's 100% chink (technically Taiwanese) shit that has a non-unlockable bootloader. That's a major red flag.
HMD office in Finland is just a marketing ploy, by the way. Nokia shills will tell you that Foxconn is "just a manufacturer" and that "that applies to the most phones" but in reality FIH (Foxconn subsidiary) has a bigger impact on desgining Nokia smartphones.
Other than they do make solid phones.

>100%
99%, of course.